Weight related embarrassing moments - share yours

chips with everything

Silver Member
We've all had them WREMs ... I still bear the mental scars from mine :( Saturday Shopping for demin jeans, in the mid 70s which saw the launch of trendy high street jeans shops, such as Jean Junction, Jean Jeanie etc. The fitting cubicles were akin to a row of very small cupboards and were in the middle of the shop which was also very small.

The doors were the swingy wooden cowboy saloon bar louvre jobbies designed by some sadist the result being that my fat hairy legs and tomato red face as I struggled to fit into a size 14 were visible for all to see.

On this particular occasion, I had managed to get them up to my knees. “Got you, you suckers I thought”. I then lost my balance, and crashed through the swing doors into the shop with a shoulder charge worthy of an American football player. I managed to stay upright and pogoed across the floor clutching the jeans around my knees, bounced off the far wall and pogoed back in the direction of the fitting rooms and crashed through the swing doors fortunately into my own fitting room :eek: I then stayed in there for about 30 minutes waiting for people to leave so I only had to face the sniggering staff. All true. Chips xx

LMAO - classic! :D

My #1 WREM - not that long ago, I was helping at an election count in a marginal seat, so there were lots of people, and loads of media and cameras.

I'd been rushing around for hours and desperately needed to sit down and rest but all the chairs were taken. Just as the count was read, I found a trestle table (one of the fold down types), hopped on it and the whole thing collapsed with an almighty crash in front of several hundred people!

My #2 moment - big busts often mean underwire bras (for the ladies, at least :D). I was in a meeting and the guy sitting opposite me was acting very strangely - he kept looking at me then sort of rubbing his chin. Some strange new dating ritual? Eh...no. I wondered if I'd spilt something down my front, looked down and suddenly my chin hit something sharp - a piece of the metal from the underwiring that had wiggled loose, poked through my jumper and was "waving" at everyone in the room! :D

No real embarrassing moments, just some small moments of panic in changing rooms as I try clothes on then realise I can't get them off again! Have to try and wriggle out without tearing anything :/

Roflmao chips your post actually made me laugh so loud. U have a way with words! :-D

Thank you :eek: It's a shame not more people have found the thread. I thought it would be fun. chips xx

well mine just happened tonight i have that many i could fill this board lolol well i walked over to my brothers today after work to see the little girls my nieces my brother and is friends and our family was all in the back garden my brother was showing them is new pond and is bridge that goes over it what he had made i said yeah it looks great it even takes my weight look got half way over and it collapsed i landing in the pond lolol even the fish where trying to jump out not trying that one again

my second one which was this year i was sat in our pub in our village and this bloke is smiling away at me i thought oh i have pulled i must have lost some right weight then these other lads where looking at me and smiling i thought wow im tuning into a model i must tell my hubby about this oh no it was not that at all i had busted the buttons on my shirt and was showing all the pub my knockers i went bright red and shot out of there i will never live that down

My lovely chiropodist, Viv came today. My nails grow like horses hoofs and were so long they were entering the room before me, if you know what I mean. I was all prepared, sitting with feet up in my leather recliner when she let herself in. Gave it no thought, when at one point she said, "does the leg lift go higher?" and gave it a tug worthy of a Russian weightlifter and it locked into place ...... When she finished, she fetched my purse and I settled up. She let herself out with her usual cheery wave and a "you just sit there and relax for a while" So there I was sitting like Cleopatra in my reclined leather splendour with my Pink Passion toe nail varnish drying when Daisy the Rescue Dog decided she needed to pay a call of nature.

And so the fun and games started. I tried in the usual way to push the foot of the recliner down. It wouldn't budge. I pushed and pushed with the back of my legs, so blerdy painful but with my poor mobility, there was no way I could rise with the foot rest up as I need to push myself up on the arms and have feet firmly on the ground. I felt like a beetle on its back. The chair then tipped forward dumping me onto the floor from which there was no way I could get up. I bottom bumped myself back onto the chair by clinging to and almost ripping a hot radiator off the wall and after about 30 minutes, the chair tipped back, so although now upright, I was back to square one !

I had come to the conclusion I would have to call the Fire Brigade to rescue me. Finally, thank goodness, after tugging with all my strength on the stuck lever, the leg support went down, I was able to get up and a relieved Daisy, who had had her legs crossed, rushed outside for a wee ! None of this would have happened, if I had been 11 stone lighter. So be warned, beware of visiting petite feminine chiropodists with superhuman upper body strength :(

I remembered my mortifying moment.

I had bought a swing chair for the garden, one of those metal frames with the swinging seat that you sit on.

Anyway, I was at my heaviest by this point and I decided one day to lie on it reading a book. I suddenly heard this weird creaking noise and then the tarpaulin that you put the cushions on gave way and I went crashing through the seat! I landed in a heap on the floor. Thank goodness no-one was around to witness it.

The chair's still broken :(

Hi thought I would share my embarrassing moment
I was at Luton airport just come back from Spain we was waiting for the cases and I sat on a what I thought was a ledge and people were going by laughing and looking at me I thought well I know I'm a big girl but no need to laugh at me anyway I stood up and as I turned round there was a big sign saying collection point for heavy loads PMSL xx

Someone should have taken a photograph ! :p Be good. chips xx

Chips, your stories had me in fits! I'm sure I've got a story or two, I shall have to have s think!

Hi Lorny, glad you found thread. It would be fun if more people did :eek: I wish you well on your journey. Have a read through my thread Chips with Everything is Back. It,s on WeMITTs (We Mean It This Time page, which is for people with a lot to lose whatever their chosen plan) I am doing old/vintage WW at home. sometimes post food ideas etc. Be good. chips

I just had one today, I went to an end of year show in my godson's school and they had laid out all those little kiddy chairs for us to sit on...I should have known better but anyway let's just say I needed help getting myself unwedged from it.:(

I worked in tesco for a short time and was given a uniform far too small for me. the blouse was so tight I had to literally threaten them in order for the buttons to close. One day on my break I went out for a smoke and i forgot my lighter. I decided to ask the security guard that worked in the shop and just when i called him EVERY SIGLE BUTTON on my blouse flew open at once and the wind pushed my blouse to the side. i literally ran off. mortified isint the word!

Chips your changing room adventure had me laughing out loud :D

I think the majority of us have had wardrobe malfunctions, mine was running for the bus about 20 years ago, jumps on and the driver has a grin from ear to ear, looked down and my blouse was totally unbuttoned. I was mortified!

Worst one was last year! My husband and I love being out in the countryside, we live about half an hour from the Peak District and used to love to go walking there but as we've got older and our jobs have meant we don't get time off together, it dropped off and we hadn't been out in years. Last year we decided that we needed to start getting out walking again and booked our first ever holiday in the Lake District.

Both of us are unfit and overweight but I also have a few health issues that make excercise harder. Well off we toddle up Skiddaw which is the 4th highest peak in England and I'm wheezing and stopping every 5 or 6 steps and this elderly couple stop and ask my husband if I'm ok and then off they trot, well that was bad enough but then about an hour later and I still hadn't reached the summit, the same couple come trotting back down the mountain looking like they'd just strolled around the local supermarket. I was dripping with sweat, wheezing and leaning on my walking poles like I was about 80! They stopped again to give me some encouragement and off they toddled, I was so embarrassed I could have crawled under a stone, I was 43! I did eventually make it to the top but it took it's toll on my fybro and asthma that day. I was proud of myself for not giving up though and so was my OH but it really brought home to me how unfit I was! It wasn't funny at the time but looking back always makes me giggle, I can't imagine what they thought of me, bet they were thinking of calling in mountain rescue to winch the sweaty fat lady off the mountain lol!

Back