Weight vs Dress size?

I'm 5 ft 3 - around 10 st 12lbs and fit into 10-12 on the bottom and 12-14 on the top, which is weird as I still weigh a lot for my height. My boobs are a 32H though and haven't gone down at all during my weight loss which makes me think I carry a LOT of weight there.

I'm 5'4" and weigh 10st 6, I wear a size 12. At the start I was 13st 6 which was a size 16. I think I first started fitting a size 14 at about the 12st mark.

I'm 5'9" ish, 15st 5lbs and wear a size 18.

I started at 17st 6lbs and wore the same size then, it was just a lot less comfortable - realistically I was a size 20 at that point!

Being tall, I have to lose loads of weight for it to be noticable. I have visions of me being 12st and still a size 16 :cry:.

It's funny how people can be the same height, same weight and a different size or same height, same size but different weight isn't it. I guess it really does come down to bone density and build and all that.

It's funny how people can be the same height, same weight and a different size or same height, same size but different weight isn't it. I guess it really does come down to bone density and build and all that.

Definitely! I sometimes wonder if I'm not really a size 10/12 though as it doesn't correspond with my height/weight compared to other people :confused: But I suppose that's just my own messed up head. If the clothes fit in more than one shop then the size is right I guess!

And my knockers ARE heavy!

caroline g said:

So true x

It is - I think I'm very densely built :sigh: I'm 5 ft 3 and half inches tall, and weigh 10 st 10lb, I wear a size 12. I am busty though, and like Morrigan, I always have been, so sometimes I need a 14 on top.

I've started to realise that I get away lucky with my weight really, there are people same height who weigh less and who are same or smaller size. Always makes it difficult knowing what kind of goal to set myself though, isn't like I've ever been there to know what I'm like at certain weights!

Your body shape dictates your clothes size too, whether you are an apple or a pear or whatever. I weigh 11.10st and am a size 20 on top and a 16 on the bottom. I have big boobs and a broad back so I will always be bigger on top than on bottom. I used to be a size 10 before I gained all of this weight so I know I can get there again.

I'm 15st 2lbs and a size 16/18. I only really need a size 18 for trousers now as I can't get a size 16 over my thighs! Although generally I buy dresses in an 18 and if they are too big I'll then swap for a 16. I'd say on the dress front I'm hovering somewhere in between.

Im 13 stone and currently size 16. When I was 9 stone I was a size 8 so I would like to be back there again at least. Im only 5ft

I am 5 ft 3 in and at my heaviest just under 13 stones I was a tight 16 and probably should have been wearing size 18 but wouldn't admit to it.

I'm now 11 st 2 lb and am now a comfortable size 14 and looking forward to being a size 12 which hopefully will be about 7 -10 lbs away.

i have to go a size bigger in skinny jeans, if i go for a size that fits my waist then its really tight on my legs, but if i get them to fit my legs (its my calves, they are quite big now due to weight training) then i have to wear belts with them :(
had to go two sizes bigger in one shop....

i WAS a size 12 at my old weight (i didnt weigh myself then, but it was around 9 stone 7)

Last edited:
Hi Ladies! I am new to this thread. How are you all doing?

I am 5.3" and weigh 12.6. I am a size 16.

My mum is also an identical weight, but her body shape is completely different. My weight is on my hips, bum, legs (classic pear shape). My mum has the thinnest legs - all her weight in around her boobs/belly (apple shape).

I gave my mum a pair of trousers, which were too lose around my waist. My mum could not do up the zip, yet the legs of the trousers were too big.... so different.

My calves are a problem area too Gina - years of dance training has built me that way alas.

its a pain finding pants that fit :(

i used to do dance for 6 years, resulted in strong leg muscles but quite big compared to the rest of me!

I struggle most with my thighs (although I think it's all the fat not all the muscle. :D). I find that buying trousers is a pain in the arse too. I always buy high-waisted jeans because they are more flattering but what fits my thighs does not fit my comparatively small waist.

I wear a belt to hold them up but it bunches the top of the trouser together. Annoyment.

I'm 12st 12lb and a snugish 16. I'm 5' 1.5" on a good day lol when I was down to 12st 7lb 2 weeks ago my 16's were less snug haha!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back