Weight watcher/calories counting/think thin diet.

yeaaahh course Im happy to talk about it! Ill answer your questions best as I can. I could take photos of recipes and post them on here for you :p

Im and so with you on that. I had a group pres last semester with 2 lazy ass boys and I did 90% of the work. I was pulling my hair out by the end of it lol x

The recipes would be brilliant, thank you :D

Yeah, in my group there is one person who is so soft and she uses it as an excuse to do nothing, oh I'm not good with technology so couldn't send you that or I don't know if my contribution will be worth while as I aren't very good at this sort of thing so you just send me what you've done- I feel like saying to her then why you here If you are just going to make excusrs?!?! Aaggghhh sorry I needed to rant, I feel better for that haha x

haha feel free to rant any time!

I hate people who are apathetic, just get on with it! I dont know how your coping, I may have slapped the girl already :p

glad today is going well lovely! x

I snapped at her majorly yesterday then instantly felt bad. Oops.
GI is definitely more suited to me, I have the clear boundaries of I can have this I can't have this whereas ww was count this etc. hopefully I'll stick with it :)

I snapped at her majorly yesterday then instantly felt bad. Oops.
GI is definitely more suited to me, I have the clear boundaries of I can have this I can't have this whereas ww was count this etc. hopefully I'll stick with it :)

Hiya! Good luck to you. I am interested in what diet this is as I have not heard much about it? Xx

GI is the idea of eating foods that keep you fuller for longer so you eat less, so you replace whit pasta, rice and bread with brown alternatives. It is what weight watchers propoints are based on but less restrictive. So you have green, yellow and red foods. You don't have the red foods, the yellow foods are mainly your carbs so you are limited with them so you have 2 slices of bread a day etc and the greens are your eat as much as you like foods. So example as a snack I had 2 crispbreads with fat free cottage cheese- all green foods, for lunch I had soup and a muller light yoghurt and one slice of bread- green and one yellow :) much easier in my opinion x

That was easy enough to find :) I'm here to follow.

Think I'll have a read through whilst I'm supposed to be working :p xx

Hello. My diary is mainly me falling off the dieting haha. But not this time! Back on it until I have shifted at least 2 stone!
I shall be skinny Lucy!!

Today I have gone for it with starting my GI diet and done super well. Had shreddies for breakfast (it says you should have skimmed milk- I tried- yuk) 2x ryvita with fat free cottage cheese then tea was chicken breast, salad and sweet potato wedges :) oh and a muller yoghurt. So pleased with myself xx

I dont mind it in my tea but I agree with you, its not great for cereal! why dont you try 1% milk? I think its a good compromise and works okay!

Love sweet potato!

Ooo may definitely have to try the 1%. I also love sweet potato. On GI I can't have any other potato , well apart from new and I aren't keen x

Must exercise tomorrow. I'm lacking the motivation to exercise at the moment but I need to burn off some fat x

Had a bit of a stressful day today so went off plan a tad and ended up having 2 slices of bread and a galaxy bar! Still under 1600 calories for the day but GI wise my choices were bad. On the positive side I did resist the urge to stuff my face and emotional eat so the galaxy bar was rather restrained x

Had a bit of a stressful day today so went off plan a tad and ended up having 2 slices of bread and a galaxy bar! Still under 1600 calories for the day but GI wise my choices were bad. On the positive side I did resist the urge to stuff my face and emotional eat so the galaxy bar was rather restrained x

Well done! I have just bought a book about th GI diet as it sounds good to me. How are you finding it generally? Xx

Hi. I find it okay. I don't stick to it rigidly, I have semi skimmed milk instead of skimmed, the first phase says you can't have chocolate or alcohol but I have choc in moderation normally like a kitkat. I find it useful as a structure to follow x

I've never tried GI but I'm now doing calorie counting for a bit. Don't even really understand GI, as much as I try to... :) how are you feeling on it?

I feel good on it. I like how it has more freedom then ww. I had a bad day today but that happens with any diet. It's about foods that keep your sugar level constant so when you have lots of sugar and your level rises when it drops you feel hungry and crave food. This is about keeping your sugar level steady and making you feel less hungry or as m&s promote their GI range- fuller for longer :) xx

Okay, I had a bad 2 days weds Thursday but today I was back on it. This is a good sign, normally if I'd slip up it would take roughly a week for things to go back to healthy,if not longer, but not this time!
Having a relaxing night in with DVDs and a face mask now before work again in the morning :D xx

Had a slightly (understatement) naughty day yesterday. Did good whilst I was at work and had a healthy low GI tea (homemade vegetarian cottage pie made with carrot and swede mash, not a potato in sight!) but then I had 2 Cadbury fingers- my first mistake as this kick started a craving for chocolate so I ended up with the Nutella jar and a spoon. Nutella isn't too bad on the Gi apparently though but not in the quantity I had it!
It's done now though and I can be healthier today. I don't see it as a huge fail because I could of eaten it all but I didn't and in comparison to the amount of chocolate I did eat it wasn't too bad.
All of this is a bit of a learning curve for me but I can see that I am getting better. No weight loss yet due to the 2 day binge this week but like I said it used to last about a week and I know what I ate yesterday wasn't great but it has been worse in the past. All tiny steps forward toward changing my eating habits for good :)

Back