Weight Watchers Recipes

Rosemary Shanahan

Well, so far it's only the one recipe, but it's a start.. For anyone who's interested/who watches the programme Cook Yourself Thin, I have pointed up one of the recipes they used in last night's programme.

Low-calorie Lemon And Almond Cake
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cooked by Gizzi in Fiona's episode (21/08/07)

- 5 points per serving, based on 8 portions (or you can always halve them again and make 16 portions at 2.5 points each).
- Prep time: 1 hour
- Cooking time: 1 hour

Ingredients
~~~~~~~~
# 2 lemons | 0 pts
# 3 medium eggs | 4 pts
# 200g fructose | 11.5 pts
# 55g plain flour | 2.5 pts
# 200g ground almonds | 20 pts
# 1 tsp baking powder | 0 pts
(# 35g icing sugar | 2 pts)

TOTAL | 40 pts (40/8 = 5 points per portion, or 40/16 = 2.5 points per portion)

How to cook low-calorie lemon and almond cake:

1) Put the lemons in a saucepan, cover with water and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 1 hour.

2) Halve the lemons, remove the pips, then purée in a blender, skin and all.

3) Preheat the oven to 170C. Oil a 20cm, round springform cake tin and line with a disc of baking parchment.

4) Beat the eggs and fructose together until pale and thick.

5) Fold in the flour, baking powder, almonds and lemon purée.

6) Pour into the tin and bake for one hour until the top is golden.

7) Do keep an eye on it for the last 15 mins as fructose sugar is slightly more likely to catch. The cake will be fairly dark though.

8) Leave to cool for 10 minutes, then turn out on to a rack and cool completely.

9) Dust with the icing sugar

I feel like making a mess - think I might give this a try at the weekend.

any one tried any of the recepies i had a go sort of of the fried rice didnt do it with chicken or prawns did the prawns seperate and cheated put chinese spice in it did do the eggs though and it was lush thibnk it worked out about 5 points but dont quote me btw i used fry light

I have never watched it until last night but i really fancy the dinners ( stir fry and something else ) that they cooked last night and am thinking of having a go of that tonight

I have had a quick look at it online and i reckon it would be about 5 per portion for that, but if i cook it i will point it properly :D

Minty Lamb with pea puree recipie

51/2 pts per serving 10 mins to prepare 20 mins to cook serves 2

Small handfull of mint leaves
9oz lean lamb leg steak ( 1 bought 3 steaks ) trimmed and cut into 4 pieces
1tsp cumins seeds ( i could only get ground)
2 garlic cloves crushed
juice of 1/2 lemon
2 small bunches cherry tomatoes on the vine
low fat cooking spray

for the pea puree:
1 small floury potatoe (1 used 2 ) coz OH is a gannet
peeled and quartered
250g 9oz frozen peas
1heaped tsp low fat fromais frais( oops just realised i used creme freche )

1 preheat the oven to gas mark 6 180c For the puree cook the potatoe in boiling water with 4 or 5 of the mint leaves for about 15 mins till tender add the peas and cook for a couple if minutes and drain Tip everything into the fod processor with the fromais frais
and whizz keep warm and season welll
2 marinade the lamb with the remaining mint leaves and cumin seeds crushed garlic lemon juice & plenty of black pepper set aside for 10 mins
3 place the tomatoes on a roasting tray and cook in oven for 8/10 mins till softened
4 heat the frying pan until hot coat with low fat spray add the lamb keeping mint leaves back fry for 7/10 mins turning occasionally until its cooked to your liking then add the mint leaves frying for a couple more minutes
5 divide the puree between 2 plates and top with the lamb serve with the roasted tomatoes
i roasted peppers mushrooms & onions too

enjoy xxx

starlight can you add this as a sticky

just found this recepie

Cheese and Onion Chicken

Information:
  • servings: 4
  • estimated Points per serving: 4
Ingredients:
  • 4 x medium skinless chicken breasts
  • 2 thinly sliced spring onions
  • 60g half fat mature cheddar grated
  • 2 tbsp plain flour
  • 1 tbsp skimmed milk
  • 1 tbsp english mustard
Instructions
On a plate mix the cheese, spring onions and flour. In a separate bowl mix the mustard and milk.
Coat each chicken breast in the milk mix, and then dip into the cheese and onion mix ensuring the chicken is well coated.
Put the coated chicken on a baking tray and sprinkle any leftover cheese and onion mix on the chicken. Bake for about 35 mins at gas mark 6 till the chicken brown and cooked through.

Back