weightloss and dress sizes

nuttynickinoo

Hello, i was hoping for some advice, I have got a friends wedding in August, I am at present 20 stones and 6lbs (286lbs) I have seen a beautiful dress in a size 20, how much should I aim to lose, I am 5ft 6" and have been described as big boned! or is that another way of saying I am on the rather round side lol!! I am on the slimming world plan and have lost only 6.5lbs....long...long..long way to go.....;)

Thank you for that, dress arrived today as my Mother in law said it was best to get a larger size because she cant see me any smaller. So it is my inspiration and I am hoping that I can have it taken in. I reckon by then I would be down to about 16 and half 17 stone ish, so fingers crossed, I do however have big boobs without the weight so I am hoping it goes from there.

How do you all add avatars etc to your posts they look kool:king:

It also depends which diet you are on. On Lipotrim/CD you are supposed to lose about a stone a month....most lose more....so it all depends.

Good luck in proving your mother in law wrong!!

Hello, i was hoping for some advice, I have got a friends wedding in August, I am at present 20 stones and 6lbs (286lbs) I have seen a beautiful dress in a size 20, how much should I aim to lose, I am 5ft 6" and have been described as big boned! or is that another way of saying I am on the rather round side lol!! I am on the slimming world plan and have lost only 6.5lbs....long...long..long way to go.....;)

Hi,

It's hard to say. I can fit into a size 18 at the moment and i'm 17St 8Ibs.

If continue your weight loss say 2Ib per week until the end of July circa 22 weeks away then you'll have lost 44Ibs which is 3 Stone 2 Ibs ... so you may be OK... although I can't say because you're 5'6. However if you want to heighten your chances ... exercise, more so weight bearing exercises. Build up your muscle which will tone you and help burn fat quick (active muscle burns calories). You'll find your weight loss is slightly slowed but your dress size will decrease.

HTH's or even makes sense!

Good luck xx

Just to add im 17 stone and a size 26 so i think its very hard to say.Ive also been 9.5 stone and a size 14 :(

i'm 5ft 7, would wear 18/20 at 15stone 8.... if that helps lol i've probably got the wrong idea thou. i think thats wat u meant?

p.s i have big hips!!! :D

I think it's nigh on impossibe to guess weight = dress size.....

At beginning I was 16st 5 and could barely fit into a size 24!
And yet, when i was younger and toned! I was 11st 4 and fit into a size 12

I am now fitting easily into a size 20 and am 14st.10

You will know what size you are in now so it might giv you more of an idea....
I read somewehre that you lose approx 1 dress size per a stone.... not sure if that is right! <has sort of worked like that for me at the moment>

Anne x

Impossible to say really -

I'm 5ft6 and at 14stone 7 was a size 16/18
At 8st 9 I am size 8

However, if you put my measurements into any kind of chart it shows me as a 10-12.

I am in 8s, 10s and 12s from Next, and all fit exactly the same, yet the 8 in M&S are too big! Best to get near as d*mnit to the date and buy then!

Back