Weightloss and problems teens

ColJack said:
yeah I got slated in another thread for suggesting a "spare the rod, spoil the child" approach..

it's not you karen and I'm sorry that you're having trouble with your kid..

they're all like that at 13 though, pushing boundaries and trying to assert some independance over their life..
perhaps some more responsibility for herself would benefit her?
let / get her to cook for the family once a week or something, make her do a load of laundry once in a while etc..
you may not like it but boys will be a big part of her life now.. just think back to when you were 13..
maybe you could ease up a little on the restrictions.. maybe have said boy/s round yours where you can keep an eye on them?

Thanks for that coljack some of those we already do, like washing up and cooking for herself on a Saturday ( she can't cook for whole family our kitchen is tiny)

We were allowing the bf in th house to watch DVDs play xbox ect and it was going fine until she confessed to actually having sex at his house thankfully she was safe but I handled it all wrong I was calm when she told me and for a few hours after but it was spinning round in my head all night causing a very sleepless night she mentioned it next morning and I exploded and resulted in a screaming match ( totally wrong I know) now he stays away and due to the running away episode she's not been back out yet
It's just so much a mess and I'm scared of making it worse

why can't she cook for the whole family? you manage it presumably so why is it different for her?
not enough room to stand over her shoulder and direct her every move? that's the whole point..
"here's the recipe and the stuff you'll need, if you need any help I'll be in the lounge.."

as for the sex thing, it's not ideal but it's something she will be doing anyway whether you know about it or not.. so as long as you get the whole "be carefull" thing sorted ( trip to the GP for the pill? and access to condoms in the bathroom cabinet, no questions asked? ), then that's about all you can do besides locking her in her room, but that will only drive a wedge between you..

oh my days, i let her go to the photoshoot and she has came back in such i good mood i actually feel like i have my daughter back well for now anyway.
so glad i allowed her to go, she had been told off a lot off people that she will find it too difficult to be a photographer as its such a popular choice of career but i know she has a flair for it already and today has renewed her passion. hopefully she will stop listening to all the negative people.
oh and im now back on track with my diet so hopefully wi on tuesday wont be so bad
thank you everyone, sometimes i feel as though parenting should come with a health warning

Back