Weightwatchers - Changing ??

There are a few success stories which are fun to read if you are into that sort of thing

well, I have had a photo shoot for having my success story published on the WW website :D So looking forward to the story to be published! Should be published at Christmas time!:eek:

Newbie!

Really excited for this new plan :) Ive tried weight watchers many times and done pretty well. Slimming world really wasnt for me, i indulged far too much on pasta and jacket potatoes, and didnt see much of a weight loss. Looking forward to the free fruit, although bananas may be my downfall.
Does the new plan mean that weight watchers products points will change such as bread etc?

I should imagine so. I was in tesco yesterday and most of the weightwatchers products were on sale or had special offers. Made me think they're clearing all the stock out before the big change. Ive never seen so many WW items on sale O_O

definitely propoints although I think most of us knew that anyway lol

I got an email this morning saying to save the date nov 7th and to login at the WW site from them (won't let me insert the image)

this was at the bottom of the email

© 2010 Weight Watchers International, Inc. © 2010 WeightWatchers.com, Inc. All rights reserved. ProPoints and the ProPoints Icon are the registered trademarks of Weight Watchers International, Inc. and are used
under licence by Weight Watchers (UK) Limited and WeightWatchers.co.uk Limited.

so I've been trying to look up propoints and find some values online but not getting very far lol

I'm in Canada and I actually found this message board doing a Google search for the new program. We're getting ProPoints, too, and it's gonna be a huge change for me, because I've been on Momentum for almost 2 years (and -65 pounds - yay me!) and as a yo-yo dieter, I've been on every single version of the Points program, from 1-2-3 Success (Points 1.0) onward. TBH, I'm glad that the focus towards real foods and away from processed foods is strengthening, because the cynic in me always wondered whether the Frankenfoods were being promoted because of $$$ reasons. WW Smoothies as a Filling Food and not other brands of protein powder although Biggest Loser brand is less Points-y? Hello!

WW has also delayed rolling out the iPhone/Droid/Crackberry apps in Canada, although they are available in the US. I am assuming that this is because they didn't want to have to do a massive changeover. Oh yeah - all our cookbooks, bars, chips, etc. are on clearance in the meeting rooms.

This may mean that everyone on the planet is on the same program. How cool would that be???

My friend is a helper at her local meeting she has followed the new plan for the past week and has just been to weigh in she has lost 4lbs woop woop :)

This may mean that everyone on the planet is on the same program. How cool would that be???

That would be really good and I hope it will happen so that anywhere we'll go the WW plan will be the same and we won't need to readjust to different sets of rules. Maybe our intake of propoints in UK and USA will need readjustments, as now it's used in Europe where they use Kgs, while here in UK they use stone and lbs and in USA (and Canada as well?) you guys use lbs only. To make you understand the difference, let's talk about these old plans we are used with. I weight 52.1 Kg, which means 8 stone and 2.6 lbs which means 116.6 lbs. This means that with the European version of WW I was going to count 5 points for my weight, because you would get 1 point for every 10 Kg you weight. Here in the UK I would get 8 points for my weight (1 point for every stone that you weight) and in the USA... was it 1 point for every 10's lbs? That would mean 11 points for my weight! So they would need to adjust the points given for other things like activity level and stuff like that in order to make it the same across the board:kissass:

well...

I'll have it on Sunday the 31st :D

I'm going to ask my leader when our new program rolls out. I plan to take the Monday off from work and go to an early a.m. meeting. (Yes, I'm that much of an obsessional geek, plus the meeting is near my mother's apartment and I can make her grocery order on Monday, which would be more convenient.)

if you are in the UK, it should roll over the week commencing the 7th of November. At least this was written on the notice I saw at my meeting last Sunday. So you should ask for Monday the 8th of November off LOL:cool:

I'll have it on Sunday the 31st :D

Ooohh would you be able to do a thread for us for launch day??

I'm going to ask my leader when our new program rolls out. I plan to take the Monday off from work and go to an early a.m. meeting. (Yes, I'm that much of an obsessional geek, plus the meeting is near my mother's apartment and I can make her grocery order on Monday, which would be more convenient.)

It'll be your first meeting after Nov 7th :)

I was hoping to sign back up to Weightwatchers but might now wait till after the change to stop me getting confused.
I wonder what will happen to all the weightwatchers from heinz stuff as it's points will be totally wrong. Or will they all be relaunched?

Last edited:
I think they're trying to get rid of the stock before the 7th of November that's why so many things are in sale in the stores. But even if you buy something from the old stock after the new plan is introduced, you just need to work out the new points with the calculator! They'll be selling a new calculator at meetings and on the website and there's somewhere a free app for i-phones and etc. that calculates the propoints for you. As long as you have proteins, carbs, fat and fibres of the food you're OK :)

Yup, they are the only frozen dinners that are on sale this week at my local supermarket chains! And since I have a couple of coupons, SCORE!!!!!

I STILL haven't rejoined a group yet because I'm waiting on the change in plan. I'd planned on going back on Monday cuz I thought we'd be getting the new plan towards the end of november. Really not sure what to do, but I'm quite excited/scared about the whole thing!

Back