Weightwatchers - Changing ??

Just followed the link, very interesting.

Have you read the comments at the bottom? Wouldn't you just love to be married to the ever supportive "Gordon of Romford" NOT!!!!

x

LOL how awful is he!

I love it when people show their ignorance. *coughGordonfromathomeinhisparents'basementcough*

Thanks for the link. The more I read, the more I lurve the new plan. I especially love the incentives to eat real foods and not manufactured ones - my WW leader says, "If it grew on a plant, enjoy it. If it was manufactured in a plant, stay away!"

What do people think about the comments from those who say it's a rip off of slimming world? I've never done SW and have always been put off it because they call certain food "sins" which implies you are being naughty and i am really against people feeling naughty about eating food, but really i know nothing about the plan...

My thoughts on SW - when I went to group they used to diss WW as you had to control your portions and therefore your eating, at sw you can "enjoy" free foods unlimited til you were satisfied - to me as an overeater who doesn't know what satisfied is, I just ate til I felt bursting all the time. As a result I woiul eat so much free food that I did end up gaining weight. My consultantn said limit your free food - well doesn't that defeat the object of free foods?

Then I joined ww and I have learnt to make more sensible portion controlled choices.

I can see why they are saying its like SW BUT if its just fruit n veg that free then its not like SW as all meat, pasta, rice and potatoes are free too.

would like to have elaborated more but I am just heading out the door.

x

That's fab pinkyfluff! Really useful to know, i've always done weight watchers, did try exante (VLCD) earlier this year but i'm awful at drinking water and ended up with a kidney infection and while it might have been completely unrelated i decided to give the VLCD's a miss and go back to what i know :)

Just followed the link, very interesting.

Have you read the comments at the bottom? Wouldn't you just love to be married to the ever supportive "Gordon of Romford" NOT!!!!

x

I might be going against popular view, but I actually don't think he is a d**k. He is actually one of those men who is fed up of women going on diets after diets and just seems to be liking women for what they are. He probably used strong words, probably the worst words he could pick, but I do like his message in the end:

"forget about dieting, and concentrate on using your life to do good, not constantly worrying about, 'am I the right shape, the right size', the acceptable persona is and all ways will be just what you are, no matter how you try to hide or camoflauge it, your body is your best asset, forget diets and become free."

I feel a lot of positivity out of his message and I don't think he's been understood by the general public. I like the whole "use your life to do good" too many times we're so obsessed about how we look that we forget about looking around ourselves and see actually where we're walking, comfort a friend of ours that is struggling or give a hug to our boyfriend when he needs it, as long as that scales go down weekly... there are people who are as obsessed as that, and I think he was just *****ing at THOSE people. I also like the whole "your body is your best asset no matter how you try to hide or camouflage it" and the line in the bottom, "forget diets and become free" in a way, I would love to be friend with this man :)

by reading that article it makes me feel as tho we wont be losing as many pounds as we are on this plan, 40 extra points is a lot and fruit free we are gonna be having alot more points, surely the more points we eat the less we loose

Is 7th November correct for propoints?

I am so demotivated with everything to do with weight loss and was feeling like I am never going to get back on track and read about this on Daily Mail so came straight here for info but seem to be mixed ha.

I am so excited that I may be able to start a new plan soon and I know I will have enthusiasm as it won't be oh well here we go again!!!

Some people say will happen in all meetings on the 7th and some say will happen in theirs and theirs will be the 1st. Just wondering if anyone knew??

we have been told 7th but then heard this week as so many are talking about it we will have to weight sorry wait and see but as for me i am really looking forward to something "new"

by reading that article it makes me feel as tho we wont be losing as many pounds as we are on this plan, 40 extra points is a lot and fruit free we are gonna be having alot more points, surely the more points we eat the less we loose

You can't directly compare points to ProPoints as the calculation will be completely different.

Current points use calories and saturated fat. ProPoints use protein, carbs, fibre and fat. I doubt that anything will remain the same value!!

Please don't be doom and gloom about it until you've at least seen the plan.

Yes all the point values as they stand at the moment will change to become higher I believe, so you won't be taking in more points as it were.

I can only imagine the amount of research and testing they have put into the new plan so I will give it a good shot.

Looking forward to it.

x

I thought it was the 7th but all the press is saying "NEW this week". Am looking forward to seeing, finally, what its all about.

x

But the points value for foods are going up too, youre not getting 40 points and things are staying as they are. could be something thats currently 4 points will now be 7 so its swings and roundabouts.

WW are hardly going to introduce a nice new plan which means people dont lose weight

Its a whole new system - itll work

What do people think about the comments from those who say it's a rip off of slimming world? I've never done SW and have always been put off it because they call certain food "sins" which implies you are being naughty and i am really against people feeling naughty about eating food, but really i know nothing about the plan...

Cant see how its at all comparible to SW, apart from fruit being free. The basics of WW are the same - its POINTS based. SW is all about free food. The 2 are very different, always have been and I cant see why people think that by making fruit free it makes them alike :confused:

What do people think about the comments from those who say it's a rip off of slimming world?

There were the same criticisms when WW launched Core when South Beach was at the height of its popularity. I know zilch about SW, but I do know that the gluten-free trend is becoming a phenomenon, and many more people are discovering that they are either sensitive to gluten, insulin-resistant, or both. If the new plan incorporates these concepts, we'll be saying "Winner winner chicken dinner!"

well, first of all based on what I know of the propoints system in europe the article makes mistakes: the minimum number of points anyone would be on is 29, compared to the actual 16. People with more to lose should be having a higher propoints daily allowance than 29, as far as I know. As for the weekly points, the minimum when you're close to goal and petite like me is 35 propoints, as far as I know, which goes up in base of your personal circumstances, how much you weight activity level and things like that.

Besides, the value of food is changing. stuff that was 9 points will become 12 (or more, it all depends by the values) and there's NO comparison possible within the two plans. It's not that you must double the previous points or do 1 and three quarter or nothing: it is COMPLETELY different. You might have a big mac being 9 points with the old and 12 with the new and, just to make an example but I have no idea... a minced beef pie being 9 points with the old and 15 with the new. You just cannot compare!!!!!!!!!!

But believe me, WW doesn't want us to put the weight back on. As simple as that!

I had what I thought was my usual please come back to us postcard this morning,butitwas actually the flier saying that the new plan is launching on November 7th. I actually can't wait to try the new version of the plan. My issue with WW was always the fact that because I don't have a lot of weight to lose, I'm usually only on about 18 points. With Slimming World I just ate way too out of control and gained weight. I'm really hoping that this new plan is the answer for me. Just nipped on ebay and hizzle no, I am not paying £45 for the new plan folder. I'll rejoin class thank you very much!

Back