Welcome to Dukan

PMSL I think the lady does protest too much LOL I had actually forgotten the praline thing tho. OMG so funny.

Change threads and tell me more....

I'll be in mi thread ;)...and I don't protest too much (please let weigh in fairy shower me with love tomorrow :)) I've been soooooooo good x

im teetotal =]=] which most people think is odd for a 20 year old, but i just dont find alcohol appealing =]
i shall have to leave my judgments on you all till i know you all a bit better =p but from what i can see we shall all get on =]

:) ahh we're all just one big happy family

"We are family, I've got all my sista's with me:D"....Sister Sledge ;)

I've been a teetotaler most of my life :) drink just doesn't "do" much for me...so you're not alone Pearl :) x

plus it all tastes gross =p i get that really weird like sour face whenever i have tried any. i can understand its a very social thing, same can be said for food. its all our downfall.

Hello! I'm completely new to this site and to Dukan. I read about it in Woman's World a while back and didn't really do anything with it. But my husband is on board with losing weight and I think this is something we can both do. :)

Hi Luci :)

Welcome to the board! :)

Have you started the diet yet?/Received the book?/Calculated your "true weight" on the dukan site?

Any questions feel free to ask away :)

good luck to you and your OH xxx

Hi Luci, it's a great site. Oh and the diet is wonderful too, most of us find it very easy to follow and we are getting results.

Best of luck to u and OH.

Bren
X

Hi, Luci, and welcome! I'm finding a bit tricky cooking for myself and my hubby since only I'm on the diet. With any luck, both of you being on it should make it much less complicated - and you can support each other.

Enjoy the forum - it's a goldmine of info and food ideas, plus it's fantastic for asking any questions you might have.

Good luck!

hi
I've posted on another thread but not introduced myself here.

I've called myself new-me as I'm hoping that I will get to being a new slimmer version of myself. Got a long way to go, but think this site looks great to keep each other going. Some fab results too.

Away now to try and work out how to add a ticker, but hope to keep in touch with everyone and hope we'll all support each other out.

Loving reading the threads at the moment.

new-me

Welcome new me! When are u starting Dukan?

Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum, but I started on Dukan on Saturday, so I'm on day 5 of my 7 day attack phase. Really pleased with the results so far, lost 6lb this week, and somehow managed 3.5 lb in the week and half between deciding to do it and actually starting, so it's a good head start I think.

My Mum and Auntie put me on to it as they've been doing it with great results and they are a support but it looked so friendly here I thought I'd join the forum too.

Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum, but I started on Dukan on Saturday, so I'm on day 5 of my 7 day attack phase. Really pleased with the results so far, lost 6lb this week, and somehow managed 3.5 lb in the week and half between deciding to do it and actually starting, so it's a good head start I think.

My Mum and Auntie put me on to it as they've been doing it with great results and they are a support but it looked so friendly here I thought I'd join the forum too.

Hi Emmma and welcome. You will find lots of advice here. I suggest you start a diary and post your daily menus - then if you need any help, people will know what you are up to and what you are eating.

Hello All,

I´ve been lurking on here for a couple of weeks and see you are a very friendly lot so I decided it´s time for me to join in!

I have been on the Dukan Diet since 1st Nov and have lost 4.7 kgs - I was on Atkins for 3 months before that and was stalled for 7 weeks so had a look at Dukan as I didn´t like the amount of fat I was eating.

I have struggled with my weight since my 20´s. In 2007-2008 I lost 24 kilos doing what I though was an Atkins style diet - I now realise it was more of a Dukan Style diet! But then I had a problem with my lower spine and was in terrible pain for months - spent most of my time in bed and was taking serious painkillers. But In January this year I had Spinal Fusion surgery and I am on the road to full recovery. But my lovely doctor has told me to lose weight or my spine will be under too much strain and I might need more surgery in time.

In June I was 120.2 kilos:eek: ! So here I am on the Dukan Diet and losing weight again......this time it´s for good as I really don´t want to have any more surgery on my back!

I live in Spain, (Irish ex-pat) and love my life here.

Geraldine

Hi Geraldine and welcome, so glad to hear you have got through your surgery so well, I suffer with arthritis /fybro myalgia so know a little about the pain side of things it can weaken the will power easily but then weight loss makes life easier, there's lots of help on here so post post post all the very best
Tara

welcome all the newbies ...dont be shy and join in the chat xxx

Hello All,

I´ve been lurking on here for a couple of weeks and see you are a very friendly lot so I decided it´s time for me to join in!

I have been on the Dukan Diet since 1st Nov and have lost 4.7 kgs - I was on Atkins for 3 months before that and was stalled for 7 weeks so had a look at Dukan as I didn´t like the amount of fat I was eating.

I have struggled with my weight since my 20´s. In 2007-2008 I lost 24 kilos doing what I though was an Atkins style diet - I now realise it was more of a Dukan Style diet! But then I had a problem with my lower spine and was in terrible pain for months - spent most of my time in bed and was taking serious painkillers. But In January this year I had Spinal Fusion surgery and I am on the road to full recovery. But my lovely doctor has told me to lose weight or my spine will be under too much strain and I might need more surgery in time.

In June I was 120.2 kilos:eek: ! So here I am on the Dukan Diet and losing weight again......this time it´s for good as I really don´t want to have any more surgery on my back!

I live in Spain, (Irish ex-pat) and love my life here.

Geraldine

Hi, I found that interesting to read; I had a fusion in August 08. How is your back now? I am still suffering terrible amounts of back pain and am taking more painkillers than ever, but the docs just say that the fusion is fine - I'm sure it is but it hasn't taken away the pain!! I am very frustrated!

Back