Welcome to Dukan

Hi everyone,

I have started Dukan today, I was going to start Atkins but found myself reading about Dukan online which lead me here. The first day has gone really well, I hope I can stick to this as I'm not a red meat eater, but I do like chicken and fish so will try and be imaginative! I have downloaded the book on iBooks so will be getting stuck in later. Hope you don't mind if I ask silly questions as this is all a bit new to me :)

Last edited:
Hi kwardy and welcome to Dukan

Ask away, we've all done it and you find a wealth of knowledge here!

Hi Dukan ladies. Well, I've been pretty much ignoring my SW diet for the last few weeks, and before that things had really slowed down so I'm thinking about taking the Dukan plunge! I've been lurking on the Dukan threads for a week or so and think I will be relying on them very heavily if I'm to get through this - it sounds really tough!

So... hello to you all :). I will update my diet status as soon as I've started....

Hello everyone,
I'm now on day 3 and could do with some reassurance that the attack phase is going to work!
End of day 1 I was -3lbs but end of day 2 I'd put on 1lbs!!
Felt disheartened all day today as day 1&2 were a breeze.

Any ideas why I don't seem to budging the amount of weight I read others have lost?!
I'm following to the letter!!
Thanks in advance xx

Hello everyone,
I'm now on day 3 and could do with some reassurance that the attack phase is going to work!
End of day 1 I was -3lbs but end of day 2 I'd put on 1lbs!!
Felt disheartened all day today as day 1&2 were a breeze.

Any ideas why I don't seem to budging the amount of weight I read others have lost?!
I'm following to the letter!!
Thanks in advance xx

Hi Ladymahayla!
First, don't be discouraged by the first few days if the weight doesn't drop off quickly. For me, I lost 5 pounds in four days then woke up on the 5th day and gained four pounds back! :eek:

Bear in mind, that in the first few days, you are losing excess water. Watch excess salt, don't be afraid to drink lots of water though, and your menstrual cycle will make your weight fluctuate (that was my situation)..I'm a bloater! :D

Keep at it and don't give up. Perhaps you should post on the main Dukan board. Your messages will receive more views and responses.

1st day of Dukan, and 1st diet!

Hi everyone,
Well today was my first day on Dukan, and the first time I have ever dieted! I've been wanting to for 10+ years, but never have until now!

I'm hopeful that all will go well! So for my first attack day I had: breakfast: low-fat yoghurt and the oatbran,
lunch: garlic prawns, and crab sticks with squeezed lemon and some yoghurt.
Dinner: chicken breast with garlic, 3% creme fraiche, milled pepper, and a little more yoghurt and oat bran with vanilla essence. Plus 1 1/2 litres of water, and a 20 minute walk.

similar for tomorrow, but 2 boiled/fried eggs, for breakfast or lunch and salmon steak with lemon juice for dinner.

Hopefully I'll get more inventive with my meal choices!

Can't work out how to do the weight tracking thingy that everyone seems to have at the bottom of their posts!

Hi JP, welcome. The weightracker instructions arein the 'tutorials' section. Not to difficult and quite fun. What's your height?

Good luck on attack. If you post your menus here others will advise you. I find it really helpful. The recipes are good too.

Planning to start the Dukan Diet tomorrow.
I was originally going to do South Beach, but I couldn't find the book in Eason, and there were loads of Dukan Diet books.
So I bought that one, and it sounds great!

Also, not that many people on here are doing South Beach, and a lot seem to be doing Dukan.
And I need the support!

I'm also not a massive vegetable person, so I quite like the fact that this diet isn't all about eating loads of vegetables.
Let's hope it works!

Yeah, I did South Beach for a while and it worked great.
But as you said, Dukan is easier. I need very clear boundaries, or I fold.
And Dukan is much clearer on what you can and can't have

Best of luck on your weight journeys. I really enjoyed the book and doing the diet. I got some great results in a couple of weeks.

One word of caution about the Dukan Diet - if you do not eat the porridge, you will start craving carbs and may start binging and fall of the wagon.

The diet was ultimately not for me, but a colleague lost 3 stone and looks great. It's a good diet, if you can stick to it!

It really helps if you can vary the way you use the oatbran. Look at the menus on here for blinis, galettes and Dukan bread, spiced toasts etc. Also look at why it works - search on Gary Taubes. It really helps if you understand this a little. Shows you why you should eat plenty, it's not a starve yourself diet.

Hi everyone i'm just waiting for my book then i too will be starting... Has anyone had good results with this diet and managed to keep off the weight?
Kate x

Hello Everyone,

Ill be starting the diet tomorrow .......ive not had any luck with others ive tried so far but I am hoping this will be the one. I have read the book and after going on to the Dukan web site know I have to complete attack for 5 days......Im nervous but want to loose this weight and hope this site will keep me on track :)

Hi,

I've started the Dukan diet today. I've read the book and got my oatbran ready and stocked the fridge with plenty of water. I've checked my "true weight" and according to Dukan I should reach my true weight by the end of October

I've ordered the book

Hi Everyone,
I have ordered the book on seeing an article online, I am going to have a good read when the book arrives but I have read a lot about the style of the diet online, If anyone can help me further I will be greatful.
I understand you eat mainly protein on the first few days, with no veg or fruit and you have to drink up to 2 litres of water a day, can you have sugar free squash or diet lemonade or coke as well, if anyone can help I would be glad of anyones assistance. I have mainly done slimming world in the past but I feel I am becoming stagnant now.

Starting the Dukan tomorrow :)

hi everyone,

im starting the dukan diet tomorrow and have 67 lbs to lose.

ive got the book and had a good read, i've got a freezer and fridge all full of stuff.

im in the right positive mindset to start aswell.

looking forward to meeting other dukaners :) x

Hi Everyone, I am starting Dukan today and so far had a packet of chicken for breakfast - felt a bit strange but suprisingly am full! I'm never full! Anyway can anyone offer me some advice? I bought wheat bran instead of oat bran as the shop didn't stock it. Can I take this instead until I get oat bran from an online store? Also any names of stockists would be v much appreciated. Thanks, Claire

Wheat bran is no substitute for oatbran. The action in the tum and gut is quite different. Wheat is sharp roughage, while oat forms a gelatinous ball which gently cleans the innards and even reduces the uptake of some calories. That's why oatbran is a magic ingredient on Dukan but wheat is barely tolerated except to make people's guts work if a touch constipated.
Read the book. The discussion on this site assumes you have.
Oatbran can be got from Tescos or HolLand and Barrett or try local health food shops. I get mine from Dukan shop.

hi all im new to this forum and new to the dukan diet,im on day 1 of the attack phase and im finding it quite good so far,looking forward to reading everyones tips and stories :)

Back