Welcome to Dukan

Hi Everyone I'm new & have just done the attack but today realised I had made a real booby!!!
Today I went shopping and bought a new pack of oatbran and discovered that what I had been using as oatbran was in fact wheat bran (kept it in a tub)!
Now does that mean I should go back on to attack & redo it or stay on PP/PV days?
Just how dizzy am I?

dukan diet

Hi lea im new to the dukan im on my first day,did you buy the book yet?im buying it tomorrow,how did you find the first phase?:)

Hi Edel I got the book weeks ago but I took ages to get my head into starting it. I found the attack easy but I had done Atkins 7yrs ago before I gave up smoking & lost the plot. Dukans 1st phase just seemed easier but I do have a lot to lose & a long journey ahead.
I have been reading a lot of successes on here so here goes we can do it. :)

Hi all :)

Hello everyone,
I'm a new Dukan dieter :) I'm on my 4th day of Cruise phase today.
I live in Sweden, Stockholm and we use the metric system here so my stats it's not exact but it's close enough :)

I hope everyone is doing fine and have great success on their diets! See you around!

PS: How do you add an avatar? The "Do not use an avatar" is checked and I can't uncheck it...

Last edited:
Hello Iam new as of today, day 1 of attack done and fully enjoyed!

I'm currently 12 st 10 and 5ft 3, in the short term I would love to lose 10 lbs by aug 27th or is this being ambitious?

Long term my true weight is 9 st 13!! Was planning on doing attack for 5 days but as I have a fair amount to lose should I increase this to 7 days?

I have the book but have to say it's a bit daunting!

Opinions welcome xxx

Hi everyone.

Well I have read the book and think I am going to give it a go.

I am 16 st 5 lbs an 5ft 5. I have done Atkins, weight watchers and slimming world before and ultimately would like to lose 4st 7 but short term would be happy to lose the st I have lost and found, lost and oh yeah found again.

Think I am going to give the oat bran a miss (the comparison to porridge was a step too far for me). Do you think not having the oat bran will affect my weight loss?

Hello Mrs B999 - reading your post was really weird as I'm just under 5'3, weight 12st 10lbs and would love to be anything under 10st to be honest! I went on the Dukan website and put in my stats - it came back with 5 days for the Attack Phase. You should have a go - it gives you timescales for each stage. I start Attack on Monday and feel very nervous but I have to do something. My daughter visited today and I never want to see the look in her eyes that I saw this afternoon. I am bigger than I've ever been in my life and, although she wouldn't dream of hurting my feelings by saying something, I could see her surprise at how much weight I've gained even in the last month. I'll post next week and let you know how I got on. Good luck!

Think I am going to give the oat bran a miss (the comparison to porridge was a step too far for me). Do you think not having the oat bran will affect my weight loss?

Oatbran is an absolute must on this diet, you cannot do the diet without it and in order for the diet to work you must eat it every day for the rest of your life. You don't have to have it as porridge it can be made into galettes, muffins or dukan bread

Hello I am a newbie - starting Attack for the first time today, and am hoping this is the diet that can get me to shift these 20lbs that won't go away!

Another Newbie

Hi all,

I am thinking about giving Dukan a go. I have been losing weight with slimming world but feel I need a bit more.

I have had two babies in two years and have the dreaded mummy tummy that won't go away. It is this fat I want rid of and am hoping Dukan can help.

I am also a Zumba addict - in fact I have booked onto an instructor training course and would like to look half decent in all the lycra!

Do you think that Dukan is an option for me?

Hi guys, Have started today! Ideally I would like to get down to 9 stone but on the Dukan website it says to go for 9 stone 12. Should I stick to what the site says do you think? Also, looking at what it suggests for my attack phase it seems v short compared to the up to 7 days I've seen in the media etc. and with only 2lbs loss?
dukanbecks.jpg

louschu said:
Oatbran is an absolute must on this diet, you cannot do the diet without it and in order for the diet to work you must eat it every day for the rest of your life. You don't have to have it as porridge it can be made into galettes, muffins or dukan bread

Oh dear. Well I guess if there are any shops left standing after these ridiculous riots end, I will be off to the shop to but oat bran then.

Urglewurgle. I am on a 3 day attack as well (day 2 today) and I suppose we just have to trust the doctor's formula. As for your goal weight - there are much wiser heads than mine on here and they will be better able to advise you on that.

Good luck today and I can't wait to read how you get on with attack.

Hi!

Thought I'd better say hello as I have been hooked to this site since starting Dukan 1 week ago.

You all seem really friendly and ever so helpful.

So hello and thank you!

Hello everyone! I'm not starting for a couple of weeks (until I come back from hols!) but I'm reading as much as I can now in advance. I have about 40lbs to go to my true weight! Bit anxious about how I'll cope on the diet because I'm not much of a protein eater existing almost entirely on carbs... chicken, beef and eggs are about it really

So... I'm looking for advice, direction, recipes, ideas and good reading material... oh and naturally support! I've bought the book... done some reading here too. All ready to start when I come back from hols!

Oh, I'm Keri. 38, Mammy of one, primary school teacher and about three stone overweight! I have a completely dead thyroid gland for which I take medication but it means that it's incredibly easy for me to put on, bloody hard for me to take off... it's so slow and disheartening that I generally fall off the wagon in the blink of an eye. So this time I'm looking for something brutal, prescriptive and fast(er) to keep me reined in and motivated!

Back