Welcome to Dukan

Welcome. I am a teacher too. Enjoy you hols and get ready for attack on you return.

Well i am new to Minimins and am also new to the Dukan diet - I have read the book and am ready to start (well tomorrow - as I am savoring my last glass of wine in a while tonight.....) Wish me luck as i wave my belly goodbye - hopefully!!

Newbie here!!

Hi Ladies! Im new to Minimins and to Dukan, its my second day today! Not feeling hungry at all, guzzling low sodium fizzy water and munching chicken as we speak! I'm a little unsure of how this site works i must admit, im not even sure if this post will be seen by anyone! Please let me know if it is so i know im doing something right! :) Cara x

Hi Cara. And everyone else. I'm new to minimins too. I started Dukan last Tuesday.
I lost 5 stone 4 years ago and kept it off for 2 years. I gained half a stone over Christmas but when I tried to loose it I couldn't shift. The harder I tried the more weight went on. Finally having gained 2.5 stone I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism. I gained another stone before my medication was correct. My weight stabilised but I've found it so hard to loose. I can spend a month healthy eating and exercising like crazy and loose a pound and gain it back just from 1 curry or a weekend off exercise.
I've always found it easier to loose weight restricting carbs so I thought I'd try Dukan. I was given a 6 day attack which I found really easy and Monday was my first PV day (who knew broccoli was soooo tasty). So far I've lost 9.5lb :D.

Hello and welcome. I am sure the wise ones here will keep you right. This is my second week of the diet and I feel great x

Morning All .. I am trying out Dukan (and MiniMins!) for the first time. I am only 2 days into attack phase and finding it fine so far (I was so full up at tea last night that I didn't clear my plate! unheard of:p)

I have tried Slimming World before and it really worked when I stuck to it (I lost almost 3stone) but the freedom made me go 'off plan' too much and most of the weight came back on slowly.

Am looking forward to first weekly weigh in next thurs .. and equally to working out how this site works (bit confused so far tbh!)

Good luck to you all! xx

I am New to MiniMins and Dukan

Hello Everyone,

I am new to both this site and the Dukan Diet. I started last Thursday, 18 Aug 2011. There are so many reasons for why I am at the weight I am, but I can only blame myself. Those reasons are the following. Emotional eating, not exercising as I should, a love affair with CocaCola, doing everything for everyone else and not taking care of myself, and EMOTIONAL EATING.

I am well on my “weigh”. This morning when I weighed in, I was down 8 lbs.

I have stayed true to Dukan and not strayed in 5 days, including, and this is a big one, not having a single CocaCola. Interesting thing about quitting while starting Dukan, I did not get a caffeine withdraw headache.

I am going into this week strong! I was able to go to two birthday parties this weekend and not touch a thing.

A question I have, if anyone would please answer. I am noticing on some days I am hungry and eat whenever the pangs start, but on others, I get to the end of the day and think, I probably did not eat enough. Are there set times when we should eat? I read the book but I really cannot remember seeing that information.

Any help would be appreciated!

I am happy to be here! :)

Elbecc

Hello to all newcomers, and welcome!

Here is the link to our FAQs, which should answer many of your general questions, if not please ask!

http://www.minimins.com/dukan-diet/225396-dukan-faq.html

"A question I have, if anyone would please answer. I am noticing on some days I am hungry and eat whenever the pangs start, but on others, I get to the end of the day and think, I probably did not eat enough."

ElbeCC - with regard to your specific question above, it is important to eat enough protein so as not to be hungry (an idea is to try to eat between 1-1.5g of protein per kilo you currently weigh). Us oldtimers can tell at a glance whether you're eating enough, so please join in our menu thread on the main page and if you can post in advance - particularly because of your time difference - we can maybe help. I note that you'll be using the U.S. book, which is slightly different to the UK one (which also differs from the original French!). Here we'll try to help you from our experience, rather than only what the book says, as the contradictions and updates are numerous.

Good luck, and please all feel free to start your own diaries in the diary section, and tell us EVERYTHING about yourselves. We won't tell a soul ;)

Hi All .. Just checking a couple of things :)

Is it ok to drink fruit teas (as in green tea with blackcurrant)? I'm sure I read this is ok but now can't find where i read it.

Also .. fish skin? I have read a few different views.

Many thanks .. starting cruise today and still motivated xx

Hi Chica - come and ask your questions in the main part of the forum (cos here it's the WELCOME page!).

While we're here... fruit teas in sachets are fine.
Fish skin - now there's a question!! I tend to take mine off through choice but, where I can't (like some smoked fish), I've never thought about it and have eaten it happily.

Hi I am "new" to the Dukan diet and will be starting this Thurs 25 Aug 2011.
I am shopping tom for all the foods I will need and away I will go.

Yo-yo dieted my whole life and fed up of it. I've been slim and free and fat and imprisoned and I know which one I liked best!
I like the stages of this diet.
The support I hope to get from you folk and I hope to give support too as I progress.

I just want to get on with a slim and healthy life and that will make me happy. :)

Hi

I'm new to Dukan (started this morning) and to minimins (started half an hour ago!)

So far today hasn't been a problem except for drinking water! I've drunk around 3/4 of a litre so far but have also had a couple of coffees - do they count as water too (I'm guessing not, lol!).

I'm seriously fed up with feeling embarrassed to eat in public as I can just imagine people watching me stuffing my face and thinking 'fat cow' .

Ten years ago I was 9 stone lbs and the happiest I have ever been, I want to be there again!

Look forward to getting to know you all x

Hi Onceinabluemoon (love the name) and welcome

6th and final day of attack phase for me and will weigh tom to see the results.
I am drinking lots of water and I have been counting the coffee as fluid total required.
Yep I know how you feel - being "fat" is no fun but slim on the other hand is heaven there is no downside to be slim.

Hi

I'm new to Dukan (started last Tuesday) and to minimins (started about an hour ago!)

I'm not doing great - have only lost 2lb (actually 4 off then 1.5 back on) but I suspect that's because I was already eating reasonably low carb. I also think I've got the yoghurt thing all wrong and am off to add to the yoghurt thread!

The only thing I really crave is chocolate and I can't help wondering how bad the 100% chocolate I have would be in very small quantities. I suspect for now I'll have to hide it.

I'm hoping joining here will stop me weakening and giving up. Particularly as my OH has also started and, as is usually the case, as a bloke is doing irritatingly well on the losing front.

Hanspan

Hi everyone! Another newbie here! I've just finished university, during which I gained 2 stone and 4 dress sizes I'm hoping to lose around 20lbs and hopefully this site will help me with that! :D

Good luck Linda and Hanspan! I'm only in my third week and this site has been a massive help .. the recipe ideas and daily menus are really good for keeping it interesting and so keeping willpower and motivation up xx

Back