Welcome to Dukan

hey everyone! i've been thinking about doing the dukan diet, i did atkins & had great results but it was just too high fat for me to deal with, i feel like dukan might be "the one"!! i read about it in many magazines & definitely think it will let me get to my "true weight" of 151 and perhaps even my goal weight of 130 <3

i'd like to start it by the next time i go grocery shopping, hopefully tomorrow. in the mean time i will be following a low cal diet, but are there any tips i may need? is it possible to survive on the diet without the book for a couple days, at least for attack phase? i don't have the money for the book AND food atm. :/

livvie said:
hey everyone! i've been thinking about doing the dukan diet, i did atkins & had great results but it was just too high fat for me to deal with, i feel like dukan might be "the one"!! i read about it in many magazines & definitely think it will let me get to my "true weight" of 151 and perhaps even my goal weight of 130 <3

i'd like to start it by the next time i go grocery shopping, hopefully tomorrow. in the mean time i will be following a low cal diet, but are there any tips i may need? is it possible to survive on the diet without the book for a couple days, at least for attack phase? i don't have the money for the book AND food atm. :/

Hi and welcome !
I actually bought the book thru amazon for fiver Inc postage so that's ok but saying that i haven't even read thru it as I have found plenty of info on this forum ?

Good luck

Hi my name is Ruth and I started today!

I have enjoyed every second of it today and I'm looking forward to my journey on this plan! No other diet plan has worked for me so I can't wait!

I have definitely been spurred along by all of the lovely supportive people on this forum too!

Ruth
X

Hi All,
I'm most interested in Dukan as I am having trouble with carbs..eating too much of them. I did Total Food Replacement and was doing fine with the refeed untill I ate somw sweets at haloween and now i'm addicted again. I just need to get on with it and find a good protein diet. Hoping to get going asap.
Losit

Hi All,
I'm most interested in Dukan as I am having trouble with carbs..eating too much of them. I did Total Food Replacement and was doing fine with the refeed untill I ate somw sweets at haloween and now i'm addicted again. I just need to get on with it and find a good protein diet. Hoping to get going asap.
Losit

Im loving Dukan at the minute, im never hungry or anything and I dont miss a thing!!!!

I have lost almost 4lbs in 2 days!

Hope you decide to do it!!

Ruth
x

Hello :)

Im looking at starting this diet over the next week or so.

I have ordered the book and currently listening to the audio book.

Look forward to talking to you all :)

Bridge x

Given that Christmas is within the eight week period, it's highly unlikely.

If you go onto the Dukan official website, there's a calculator there

Not sure if this is the right place to introduce myself, but here goes...

I'm a 41 yr old mother of two young boys. I have tried every diet going. Most recently it has been exante. I had a huge amount of success with Lighterlife which is a VLCD but my head couldn't catch up with my body and I went back to eating exactly like I had done before and gained it all back. Then I had the two boys and my weight went up some more. Now I want to get healthy for them as well as me.

I tried again recently (on and off for the last few months) with Exante (same as LL but cheaper and without the counselling) but I was very rebellious and could barely manage a whole day without cheating or sabotaging myself.

Fastforward to today...I am on Day 3 of Attack and I can barely contain my excitement. I am eating lovely food, drinking gorgeous coffee with milk and generally feeling satisfied, energised, happy and confident. I weighed myself this morning and have lost 5lb so far. I am enjoying the gallete, the yoghurts and the fish, chicken, salmon and lean mince. I don't feel deprived or unhappy. I know it's only day 3 but I really feel like shouting from the roof tops. Long may this feeling continue.

I look forward to getting to know my fellow Dukaneers and to learn from your experiences.

Thanks
Jude

Last edited:
Hey Jude welcome to dukan I'm 12 weeks in and still feel the same way I did at the start, best diet ever :D

Hello everyone,
I'm on Dukan diet since the 25th of July.
I have bought the book"Je ne sais pas maigrir".
I had some struggle because I used to eat a lot of sweets and I usualy needed sweets to help me deal with stress etc.
But now things are looking pretty good.
I'm so grateful to Dr Pierre Dukan.

Hi All,
I am new on here and to dieting, never dieted before but getting bigger all the time just over 11st and thought thats enough...so now I have to go through learning all about the Dukan Diet.
It seems easy (only 1 day in) while I'm not at work, but when I go back to work think its going to be harder to organise my meals.
After work I ride my horse 3 nights in the week , so get in very late, also ride at weekends, that excercise must help ?

welcome georgie, the exercise will help, both myself and trudyc also have horses :D take something with you to snack on to keep you gpoing the nights you ride :)

Thanks for the reply Ellie, I think I gained the weight as I used to be on DIY with my horse, but my current job and lack of choice of yards means I keep my horse on full livery.!
I saw a post by another horsey person , but couldnt find there name again, so thanks for that.
I have already found this forum helpful with the menu choices , I bought the book Dukan Diet Life Plan, which has limited ideas...I hate smoked salmon and there is alot of it in there.

New Year = New Me!

Have finally decided that enough is enough and that this is the year I finally do something about my weight. I've tried just about every other diet going, but always seem to give up and end up going back to the bad old ways of chocolate, chocolate and more chocolate!!
I've been reading through some of the posts on here and everyone seems very positive and motivated about the diet so I bought myself the "Life Plan" book and did a huge "Dukan" friendly shop today! I've done a complete clear out of cupboards, fridge and freezer and there is not one item of food that isn't Dukan friendly, one positive element to being single is that I have no-one to worry about other than myself!
So, tomorrow is D-Day, the dreaded weigh in :eek: and then onwards.......

Hi I'm on the Dukan since last Wednesday, day 5 of attack and 6lbs off. Struggling to navigate the forum and keep track of the threads but getting there! I created a ticker but doesn't seem to be working so will have to try again... I love meat and fish which is good but missing potatoes ( must be because I'm Irish :) ) I've lost weight on WW before (5.5st) but the points tracking does my head in and I stay at goal for a while and then it creeps back. Have 3 st to lose and am hoping Dukan will suit me better. I like my food very bland which is good in some ways as I do t crave gravy or salad dressings etc. but most of the Dukan recipes I've seen are spicy or curried so don't appeal to me. If I stay on track I should be near to or at goal for my summer holiday which would be great. Felt like a beached whale last summer! It's great to have found a site for support and inspiration that's free. I signed up to Dukan official site and cancelled for refund within two days,it's a rip off. MiniMins is way more informative and supportive :)

Back