Welcome to Dukan

Hi! I'm so glad to have found this forum. I started Dukan last year and lost 30 pounds, but have been off plan for the last month.
My husband has decided to give it a go, so we start in the morning. Him for the first time, me for the second. He's suppose to
do 6 days attack, so I'm going to do that with him.

Does anyone have any suggestions to eating out on Dukan? I just avoid it, but Mr. Asami will have to eat out at work sometimes.
I'm going to try to encourage him to take it in.

Hi I always chose the steak and have a large salad and ask them to hold the dressing, good luck to you both x

Hi ALl,
I have been doing the Dukan for 1 month have lost 1stone. But since i started phase 2, i am lossing the battle. I hope by starting a Diay will give me courage to keep to the diet.

Hey all...

I've just signed up to the board. Just about to start my cruise phase after finding attack phase reasonably straight forward -- i've had friends round today and completely slipped up though so I've signed up here to join in the support network -- hopefully it'll get me back on the straight and narrow x

Bee pee you've come to the right place, good luck x its usually quite quiet on a Saturday night.

Bee pee you've come to the right place, good luck x its usually quite quiet on a Saturday night.

Thank you! I guessed it would be quiet but I'm keeping myself occupied by reading through some threads -- seeing what others say about slipping up :eek:

Quiet except for those of us who've stayed in :p welcome!

I was out last night, I sing in a choir and last night was a fund raising concert, couldnt believe it when they brought out cream scones and chocolate digestives in the interval. I avoided them then they came round with them on a tray i must have declined about 10 times!! Torture!! :eek: Cx

But you did it well done for abstaining x

Hello (again), restart for me today. Found and started Dukan last Oct then had minorish surgery which turned out to be a bit more than was thought. Ate myself through recovery and then had couple v stressful months! Honestly one thing after another, last week was our rubbish boiler found to be leaking carbon monoxide, gasman condemned it, family was checked out at hosp and we have low levels of poisoning. Been leaking for ages, which explains me feeling so awful all time!
New boiler going in tomorrow, already starting to feel better with old one off if a little cold but that will help with weight loss!!

So been shopping and prepared foods for today and tomorrow, first day of attack and am feeling fine, read and read my book and threads on here. Looking forward to tips and help from all you fellow dukaneers. Hope everyone is having a good weekend ;-)

Kirsty thank god your still hear to return to Dukan and good luck, hope all your bad news is in the past onwards and downwards x

Ah thankyou siddid we certainly had a fright! we also DID have a carbon alarm, but gasman said levels were little and often and we had window always open, he said like a smoke alarm they go off when its critical.
There is never a 'good' time to start a diet eh?! I always seem to find an excuse, or something to deal with,but i know I have to take control now as am miserable having no clothes to fit in wardrobe and if I can stop my bra from digging into me all day I will be very chuffed!!

No more excuses now Kirsty your now a Dukeneer x will read your progress, and its funny that was my non scales victories this week mine was my bra it is now baggy on me its great when it stops digging in lol

thats fab! I will get that feeling! Had a look at your ticker, WOW fab weight loss!! That is inspirational in itself! xx

Oooo thank Kirsty x

Evening all,

I'm new here, planning on starting the Dukan diet next week, going shopping tomorrow for supplies and my book should be here on Tuesday. I've been lurking for weeks now reading everyone's posts, and actually feel like I know you all already! lol thought it was about time I introduced myself.

My name is Anja (pronounced Anya) Im 22 years old and have probably tried just about every diet out there including weight watchers, lighter life, slimfast, exante and slimming world! I had the best results on Lighter Life loosing 3 stone in 3 months!! I fell off the wagon and never got back on the weight piled back on and in about 5 months I was heavier than ever before!

I'm hoping that I have finally found the diet for me, I really think I can do it this time around. I'm not sure if I should start tomorrow having not yet read the book or wait until I have read the book and start next Monday (I guess it doesn't have to wait for Monday but I've always had this thing about diets starting at the beginning of a week)

Anja welcome and good luck x if I were you i'd get prepared, read your book and plan your meals, waiting another week and prepare be ready x

Anja I'd wait for your book, but why a Monday?! I ask myself that now too as I waited until after an exam to start, now I wish I'd started sooner and gone for it!! All I'm saying is if we're trying to break the habit of food habits/previous attempts seize the bull by the horns and change things by starting as soon as you have the book and are prepared...just think if it's the Monday you wait for and something crops up, do you want to delay it another week?!

Welcome and please don't take that the wrong way, I just wish someone had said it to me when I was waking for the "perfect" moment to change and start :) good luck! X

Thnx guys. I don't know why Mondays? Mondays just always seem like a good day to start something new with it being the beginning of the week and all that. Although I just logged onto Amazon and it tells me my order has been dispatched early and should be here tomorrow :) so there is no reason why I cant spend all day tomorrow preparing myself to start on Tuesday.

I've already singed up on the Dukan site so I could find out my true weight and how many days I'll need to do phase one attack. its tells me that 11st1.0lb is my true weight and I should do 6 days on attack.

Im getting so excited :D although already a little worried about the weekends, and how good im going to be at organising what im going to be eating, on a Saturday I do a 12 hour shift on a Sunday I do a 10 hour shift which has always been an obstacle when trying to diet.

Back