Welcome to Dukan

Hi Anja

Welcome! I really hope you like Dukan and that it works for you.

I've only been following the diet for two weeks but I love it! It's effortlessly taken food away from being the 'love of my life' back to its rightful position as fuel to enjoy my life.

Dive in and enjoy!

P x

Thanks P,

I'm really looking forward to starting the diet.

I shopped this morning and stocked up on plenty of protein and low fat cottage cheese, fromage frais, quark etc. found the oat bran in holland and barretts. My book came this morning aswell. Im actually at work this evening but its very quiet so I'm sitting at my desk having a good read through it. I think tomorrow will be the perfect day to start as I'm off tomorrow and Wednesday and I read that the first few days I will probably feel a bit crap so better to be at home rather than at work.

All of you so far have done amazingly well, I hope I get similar results. How often do you weigh yourseves it mentions in the book to weigh in as many time as you like everyday, but Im use to only weighing myself on a weekly basis when following a diet, I think its a bit more exciting to see the total weight loss for the week in one go, plus I would want to get dissapointed on a day if its stayed the same or gone up.

Anja, I personally weigh every day and in attack to see them scales drop is very motivating, x

ok, I think tomorrow morning I will officially weigh myself and take all my measurements, and then weigh myself everyday, and take measurements once a month :)

I've noticed that some people have their weight losses and goals at the bottom of every post is this from putting it in your signature?

Anja taking your measurements is a fantastic idea wish I'd done that, because I feel I've lost so much and have no record, I sts (stayed the same) one week but think I had lost inches so a good bechmark is a good start. Good luck x

Is there such thing as completely fat free cottage cheese? I went into Asda, Tescos and Morrisons today and all only had low fat or virtually fat free? I got the virtually fat free, but I am now wondering if this will actually be ok?

The one I use is .6% smart price from asda, and have non in to check from tesco but I'm sure tesco value is fat free ????? Could be wrong but thats what I use and loose x if that's any help?

i think you can buy fat free cottage cheese and quark which is a cheese, but i make my own by straining the yoghurt i make as i don't like cottage cheese. welcome to dukan you are going to love it

Hello all. I'm going to start Dukan on Sunday or Monday. I wanted to start yesterday but I'm on a hen do this Saturday so I thought it best to wait until after that. I'm trying to lose about 1.5 stone for a wedding in June, but I'd be over the moon to lose a stone by then. I do lots of walking and a bit of cycling already but it doesn't help me to lose weight unfortunately.

I'm not good at normal diets, but am good at sticking to the really strict ones as I lose the taste for the junk food. I know I'm strange!

I've signed up to this forum for inspiration, help and tips on the journey. I know that Dukan works as about 4 people at work have done it with fantastic results.

Hopefully posting my weight losses will keep me going too. :)

hi i started the dukan diet on thursday last week. i lost 6lb, today was my first day of cruise and i have missed my veg felt like heaven :D

welcome to the forum Rachel and well done on losing 6 ............ good luck in cruise - look forward to reading your dukan journey x

Wonderbrain and Rachel good luck on you Dukan journey, best diet ever x

End of day 1 on the Dukan Diet and I feel Fab!

Took my measurements this morning (which I hope you can see below) I was quite disgusted at myself. because I looked back at a diary I kept when I did Lighter Life about 4 years ago and I've gained a ridiculous amount of inches!!

I've eaten more than I would usually because I have made sure I have eaten 3 proper meals whereas usually I miss breakfast, eat a mega portion of unhealthy lunch and then just snack in the evenings. :ashamed0005:

Today I have eaten a galette with turkey slices and cottage cheese. Mackerel for lunch, and for dinner 2 x chicken breasts with a fromage frais/mustard/garlic concoction. And drank lots and lots of water.

I did come over very tired at about 4pm and had to have a nap, but that may have something to do with not finishing work until 2.30am.

I hope everyone has had a good day.

Hello fellow dukanettes!!!! I am new to dukan, started day one of attack phase today, so far so good! :) *waves enthusiastically* xxx

Hello everyone! I am athens and I started my attack recently! the official site suggested I do 7!! days! So it's today and tomorrow and then I am off to cruise!
I am finding this diet great except for the constant headache I had for the first 3 days!! now I am fine!
I would like to ask you how much oatbran do you use. I mean do you use like a heaped tablespoon (not a mountain, just regular) or an even one?
I guess it's normal to not go to the bathroom for a day or two during my attack. Will everything settle down after I begin cruise?
than you very much, you are great motivators!!

Hello Hello

So I'm 4 weeks into Dukan and 15lbs lighter!

The motivation at the moment is quite high so I thought I'd join now before I dip!

X

Hi everyone!

I'm a London-based student doing Dukan. I'm in week four and I've been watching you guys for a while! I've lost seven pounds so far :) looking forward to joining in!

Hi everyone!

I'm a London-based student doing Dukan. I'm in week four and I've been watching you guys for a while! I've lost seven pounds so far :) looking forward to joining in!

Hi marinor Enjoy Dukan and welcome to the forum

Back