Welcome to Dukan

All welcome good luck x

Hello everyone! I am athens and I started my attack recently! the official site suggested I do 7!! days! So it's today and tomorrow and then I am off to cruise!
I am finding this diet great except for the constant headache I had for the first 3 days!! now I am fine!
I would like to ask you how much oatbran do you use. I mean do you use like a heaped tablespoon (not a mountain, just regular) or an even one?
I guess it's normal to not go to the bathroom for a day or two during my attack. Will everything settle down after I begin cruise?
than you very much, you are great motivators!!

Hi Athens welcome to the forum - glad to see your headaches have gone
In answer to your questions its 2 tbl oatbran per day in cruise I just have a normal tablespoon and its level ish
major transition issues for me in attack but I soon was ok - make sure you have your oatbran as it does help and drink lots of water and walk - once you start to eat veg it should regulate your system ;)

Any more questions post in the general thread were more people will see them and start a diary always good to read back to the start of your dukan journey. Good luck

Hi i'm Lottie, I started Dukan yesterday as I want to cleanse my body from all of the sugar and carbs which I have been eating in abundance recently and have been making me feel sluggish.
I did well yesterday on the attack and was surprised to see that I had 'lost' 5lbs on the scales this morning since the same time yesterday!

As I am doing it not to lose too much weight as such (any lost will just be a bonus) should I be doing 1 day attack or 3 do you think?

After yesterday I am dying for some veg! Dont know how you guys doing 7 days or so do it!!!

Hi all, I am new to this site and new to the Dukan Diet....just started yesterday, but I have been watching this thread for about a week now and found it to be very helpful! Day 1 on the attack went really well, didn't feel too deprived...had a burst of energy in the evening - which was great except when it came to bed time, I struggled to sleep - but all is good. Looking forward to the journey!

Thought it was about time to say Hello!!!

I have been an avid reader of the forum for weeks now. I started my Dukan Diet on 10 April and can hardly believe I have lost 16 lbs already!!!! It is all going so well. It’s amazing how much more energised I feel in only a few short weeks.

Loving the recipes, had the fab turkey koftas for dinner and have never eaten so much rhubarb or yoghurt in all my life, but unfortunately still can’t stomach cottage cheese. Might even tackle a cheese cake or trifle at the weekend!
It is sooo encouraging reading how well everybody is doing.

Soooooooooooo loving this diet
…. long may it continue!

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

And hello to you alex, your doing fantastic welcome and look forward to reading the rest of your journey x

Oh my god, I am in awe of how much weight everyone has lost on here, it's brilliant! So delighted for you all! I am on the fourth day of a 6 day attack. It has been great so far but I can hardly wait for my official weigh-in at the end day 6. Keep up the good work everyone! x

Everyone is doing so well, congrats on the weight loss. This is a great eating plan to follow and really educates us as to what is 'good' to eat. Not too many from my neck of the woods so welcome to Flower83, I hope you succeed in your weight loss and this is a great forum with great support from everyone.

I just want to say Hi! I started Dukan on April 8th. The information here has been very helpful and motivating. This eating philosophy is really easy. I haven't cheated yet!

So far, I've lost 19 lbs.

Thank you Lyonsie, Yep I noticed that alright. It was an American friend of mine that told me about this plan, but previous to that I had never heard of it. Today was my last day of 6 day attack so I am looking forward to weigh-in tomorrow and beginning the nxt phase! Fingers crossed it's all good! x

Hello
I'm Laura and will be starting tomorrow
I've read the attack part of the book and have just made a batch a food to start me on the right track tomorrow BUT
I've just made the muffins which looked great but tasted very much like porridge,id like some advise of what flavourings can mask this slightly as i was hoping these would be my saviour
Also I have personal training twice a week is it a good idea to cancel it this week?
Thanks so much in advance
L x

Hello
I'm Laura and will be starting tomorrow
I've read the attack part of the book and have just made a batch a food to start me on the right track tomorrow BUT
I've just made the muffins which looked great but tasted very much like porridge,id like some advise of what flavourings can mask this slightly as i was hoping these would be my saviour
Also I have personal training twice a week is it a good idea to cancel it this week?
Thanks so much in advance
L x

Laura the list is endless...vanilla, chocolate orange, all spice, carrot and all spice,lemon and all the flavours on the Dukan shop web site. mmmmmmmm

Hi Laura, Best of luck with your 'Dukan Journey', tried the muffins every which way you could imagine and could never take to them. That said, lots of the 'dukaneers' here swear by them so its a personal taste thing I think. I have survived without them or galettes (thought they were awful too) and have reached TW and am going on conso next weekend.

As for personal training, if you can afford it do it.... all exercise is great, we just walk and didnt realise how unfit we were until we started. It's great.

Wow thanks
Just looked at the flavourings! Theres loads
Any recommendations?
Thanks so much for the replys I'm so nervous for tomorrow!! X

Laura you have read your book so follow the allowed food list and dont eat anything that is not on the list, youll be fine just start your diary and write down your daily menus if you can in advance and the Dukaneers will read and advise where your going right or wrong. eat plenty of pp and drink your water, and theres nothing to be nervous about just read a few diaries to see how easy it is, post and ask as many questions as you like. there is also the faq section to check and if the answers not on there one of us will know. Good luck x

If you're desperate! Might be better to have eggs/fat free yoghurt/muffins/a galette though! X

Back