Welcome to Dukan

sugar free jelly is great for snacking on if you need a sweet fix but for breakfast you would be better with protein

Good Morning all! So I have finally got myself together and started the attack phase (5 days) this morning. I have emptied the kitchen of all temptations and stocked up on all the right goodies. I have been stuck at the same weight now for about 6 months so I am really hoping that this will be the change that my body needs to get rid of my final couple of stone :fingerscrossed:
One thing I am slightly concerned about is the fact that I go to the gym quite a lot (about 5-6 times a week) and not sure how the lack of carbs is going to effect my energy levels...Id be interested to hear others experiences.

cocoa is not allowed in attack, its counted as a tollereted item in cruise

Wondered if anyone can help - Is green tea with lemon allowed on attack? I know that lemon infused water isn't so thought maybe this would be a nono also...?

I too would like some advise about exercise
I do quite intensive cardio and wondered what would be best to eat before as I faint quite easily!
Thanks

no again you are allowed 1 tbsp of extra light philly as a tollerated item in cruise .... the list of foods you can have on attack is in the book.... also read the FAQ thread on this forum

Please tell me your allowed wafer thin ham the book says you are but I've just read on here your not? I've just had some!!!! Arrhhh only on day 2 x

Hi Laura

The book I read said "no pork" so I don't have any pork or ham. Don't worry about what you've had today, but maybe try and avoid it going forward?

P x

Also do you find you eat enough I'm worried I'm going to start storing!
I'm still confused how it works even after reading the book!! X

Please tell me your allowed wafer thin ham the book says you are but I've just read on here your not? I've just had some!!!! Arrhhh only on day 2 x

Laura, I have been having wafer thin ham cut up in my omlette as I too read it was allowed. The amount I have is minimal so I'm not overly concerned but I wont be buying it again after this pack is finished. Having read quite a lot of blogs by people venturing onto Dukan, I have seen that although in the most part people stick to it religiously, there are certain things that some people still consume (in moderate doses) but still shared the same success. Don't get me wrong, Im not suggesting we all cheat but I think we should keep in mind that there will inevitably be slips along the way but with such drastic changes to our normal diets, the odd slice of ham here and there isn't going to be the downfall - Krispy kremes on the other hand....

With regards to eating enough, have you had a look at the Daily Menus thread and posted what you are eating? I did it yesterday and got some great feedback (I now know to steer clear of lamb and pork!). Im finding it really helpful to compare what others seem to be eating.

I finally got to read the attack sections in the book today, which says you should weigh yourself regularly during this phase - maybe that could help?

no1rangersgirl said:
Laura, I have been having wafer thin ham cut up in my omlette as I too read it was allowed. The amount I have is minimal so I'm not overly concerned but I wont be buying it again after this pack is finished. Having read quite a lot of blogs by people venturing onto Dukan, I have seen that although in the most part people stick to it religiously, there are certain things that some people still consume (in moderate doses) but still shared the same success. Don't get me wrong, Im not suggesting we all cheat but I think we should keep in mind that there will inevitably be slips along the way but with such drastic changes to our normal diets, the odd slice of ham here and there isn't going to be the downfall - Krispy kremes on the other hand....

With regards to eating enough, have you had a look at the Daily Menus thread and posted what you are eating? I did it yesterday and got some great feedback (I now know to steer clear of lamb and pork!). Im finding it really helpful to compare what others seem to be eating.

I finally got to read the attack sections in the book today, which says you should weigh yourself regularly during this phase - maybe that could help?

Hello
How was your first day? Mine was ok but bad head
I've posted my diary on here so have a look
I just felt like I was under eating but I weighed this morning and have dropped 1.5 over night which was nice to see
Are you finding it ok?
Thanks for replying I've felt bad since eating the ham!! Xx

No don't feel bad, from what I understand over the years there have been certain allowances and changes to the diet so one book can differ from another.
I've found it a lot easier than I anticipated and have felt fine if I'm honest - I have not stopped drinking, in the hope that I will avoid all the obvious side effects.
When I weighed myself this morning I had lost 1.8lb so am really happy (especially since finding out my dinner last night was a bad move :rolleyes:)
The biggest shock to me is the fact that I have been so NOT hungry. I really thought I would struggle alot because I am a real grazer.
I had a brief scan through and couldn't see your day menu, which thread is it attached to?

Back