Welcome to Dukan

Hello fellow dukanettes!!
I am writing just to say thank you to all of you! You are all so kind and friendly and with great advice always, that you have been an absolute essential to my diet.
Most of the times I am silent here but I feel like I know you all!
Anyway, I wanted to tell you all that today I am leaving for a short vacation being 15 lbs lighter than last month when I began the Dukan journey. Who would believe?
I have struggled for so many years with my weight, going to nutritionists etc, and now I am doing this with the sole help of a book and you guys! I am still overweight, but I can wear almost all my clothes which were hanging in my closet for such a long time.... I am leaving and planning on staying on plan even if at the beginning I thought that I would go conso ish for this week I'll be away. But now I will continue cruising happilly!
Everyone here that moves to Consolidation gives me such pleasure and hope, I am so happy for you, for us, moving to the right direction.
So I wish you all the best, may the new us in our mirrors resembles more who we really are and gives us strength to live the life we dreamt of!
Keep at it everyone! you are doing something great for yourselves! :thankyou:
Athens enjoy your holiday wearing your beautiful clothes that you feel comfortable in and well done on your achievement after all it is down to you and your hard work. Come back and tell us how you went on xx

Hi everyone!! Thanks for your lovely responses! I am on my vacation and I am trying my best to make it dukan friendly! I am having my eggs for breakfast and then I either have a meal (pp or pv) and later I have my oatbran and yoghurt or the other way round depending on schedule! I have had about two beers in total and some tzatziki! I feel loads better! I don't know if I am going to loose anything, but with a little luck I won't put on either!! I have made my mind and I am starting regular exercise with my return to tighten bits up!! Looking forward to sit with my computer and you guys! I will also post the original tzatziki recipe which is so easy and delicious!!! Love, Athens!

Hi Athens great to see you are dukan motivated and a little holiday doesnt spoil your weight loss - 'ENJOY' your holiday x

Hi all, after 1 1/2 weeks off of dukan (and inevitably undoing all of my previous hard work) I have managed to find my way back here :)
I decided that for the period that I was going to be away at festivals, having birthday parties and bbq's to attend to, I would allow myself to completely give in to all the temptations which I was already craving so I could get it out of my system and start afresh. TODAY!
I have decided that I am not going to weigh my self until after I have completed the attack phase for the next 4 days but will then weigh myself when rolling onto cruise (the theory being that I will be picking up where I left off). I have nothing planned for the foreseeable future (slightly depressing) so hopefully I can enjoy the longterm success I desire and allow the new lifestyle changes the time to develop some staying power.
Hope everyone is powering on and is well?!
Kirsty

Yay your back
I've done 10.5lbs since we started
Although had a full blow out at the weekend and made myself ill!!
On holiday next week so going to try be good
Have u had a fab time? X

I've done 10.5lbs since we started
Wow Laura, that is amazing! You are gonna be a holiday hotty!!!
I have to admit, I felt really really bad the first couple of times I had big bad carbs (chips, burger buns etc..) which naturally put me off.
I had an amazing time though and really feel like I got a lot out of my system so I can really get going with this.
What are you hoping for this week? How have you found it? Is the gym any easier now? x

Aw I'm glad you had a good time that's all that matters
I don't mind what I do this week as I really was poorly on Sunday and Monday after my binge so I'll get what I deserve lol!
Its so annoying as it want even a good binge the food and alcohol tasted pretty average!
Never again!!
Xx

I am very rude as I never introduced myself to Dukan as this thread suggests. I just dived on in and posted. Reading ChrisR's diary was the start of something I found out about in France over easter, and her determination gave us (my OH and I) the 'gizz' to follow and 'loose'....

I pop in every few days and try to catch up on diary's and threads, and I am amazed at how many of us there are. Not to mention all the other 'diets' out there too. Went to WW about 17 years ago with my mother (who has been dieting all her life) and did great as it was about 2 years after No.3 was born and needed to trim up a bit. That was the only diet I've ever done till this.

We are finding it great and the help on this forun is fantastic. Reading all the diary's and menu's etc really gives a person an insight into other peoples struggles and highs.... As you can all see from my signature and stats. we are not struggling at all. In fact we both got to our TW weeks before we were due to by Dr. Dukan's maths, but both kept going to the date suggested. My OH has 4 weeks to go and is 7lbs under his TW..... mind you he was 15st9lbs, is now 13st5lbs so is delighted to be heading for 12st something.

Thank you all so much for all the help to gave me either by replying or just letting me read your own posts :flowers:

Thanks Paulinegin. I've been following you too and you are a great support to everyone and have a great sence of humour. It's good to know all this support is out there, only a finger away.

Hello!

Hello everyone

I have been reading all your posts for a couple of days but thought I ought to say hello. I'm a mum of three and I work part time so I'm kept busy like most of you! After the birth of my last son who is nearly five I lost 4 stone on Cambridge diet and have kept most of it off but I am a bit heavier than I would like to be and want to try to get to a point I'm happy with before I hit 40!

Im quite an active person, had horses and competed most of my life but had a bad accident 2 years ago and so I don't ride now. I started going to the gym about two years ago and was heavily into it going five or six times a week but now I'm back at work and I only have two days off a week and life has taken over so the gym becomes something I get to sporadically! I started running(couch to 10k) about five weeks ago and it was going well but thanks to an old injury flaring up I haven't done it for two weeks. Soooooooo hear I am!

I started the attack phase on Monday and have lost 4ib so far this week. I went to the gym this morning but found it hard going and almost fainted and I wonder if I'm eating enough! This is a problem of mine I never eat three meals a day and then I binge on crisps, chocolate, kids tea etc and then don't want dinner. So this is a reeducation for me!

Ok food diary's and please do be critical!

Monday
breakfast -muller vanilla with oatbran
lunch - boiled egg and large chicken breast
dinner - peppered sirloin steak and an egg
Lots of water,and two cups of green tea

Tuesday
breakfast - muller vanilla with oatbran
lunch - chicken and boiled egg
dinner - king prawns, oatbran pancake thing made with from age frais and egg

Wednesday
breakfast - muller vanilla with oatbran. So far!

I look forward to getting to know you all and have to say your losses are so inspiring!

Xx

Lastchancesalon said:
Hello everyone

I have been reading all your posts for a couple of days but thought I ought to say hello. I'm a mum of three and I work part time so I'm kept busy like most of you! After the birth of my last son who is nearly five I lost 4 stone on Cambridge diet and have kept most of it off but I am a bit heavier than I would like to be and want to try to get to a point I'm happy with before I hit 40!

Im quite an active person, had horses and competed most of my life but had a bad accident 2 years ago and so I don't ride now. I started going to the gym about two years ago and was heavily into it going five or six times a week but now I'm back at work and I only have two days off a week and life has taken over so the gym becomes something I get to sporadically! I started running(couch to 10k) about five weeks ago and it was going well but thanks to an old injury flaring up I haven't done it for two weeks. Soooooooo hear I am!

I started the attack phase on Monday and have lost 4ib so far this week. I went to the gym this morning but found it hard going and almost fainted and I wonder if I'm eating enough! This is a problem of mine I never eat three meals a day and then I binge on crisps, chocolate, kids tea etc and then don't want dinner. So this is a reeducation for me!

Monday

Tuesday

Wednesday

I look forward to getting to know you all and have to say your losses are so inspiring!

Xx

Hi and well done on the 4lb that's fantastic :):) good luck with the rest of your Dukan journey xx you'll probably find you'll gave more energy for the gym when you move onto cruise x and looking at your diary it looks fab ....interestingly though I keep a diary on myfitnesspal and ive noticed that my daily calories are low although I'm not hungry xx

Well...i'm back again, third time lucky hopefully!! So i've decided to come back to Dukan, for the third time in the last year. I've flitted between Sliming World and Dukan, losing around 5lb each time and then putting it back on :( I've been finding Slimming World not strict enough in that i;ve been able to eat 'syns' and most of the time going way over my alowance, hence coming back to strict old Dukan! I'm on Day 3 of attack today and all is going well so far. So..wish me luck guys, i really need to stick to it this time, Cyprus in 6 and half weeks...eeeek! Hoping to have shifted at least 9lb by the time i go! x

Lyonsie said:
I am very rude as I never introduced myself to Dukan as this thread suggests. I just dived on in and posted. Reading ChrisR's diary was the start of something I found out about in France over easter, and her determination gave us (my OH and I) the 'gizz' to follow and 'loose'....

I pop in every few days and try to catch up on diary's and threads, and I am amazed at how many of us there are. Not to mention all the other 'diets' out there too. Went to WW about 17 years ago with my mother (who has been dieting all her life) and did great as it was about 2 years after No.3 was born and needed to trim up a bit. That was the only diet I've ever done till this.

We are finding it great and the help on this forun is fantastic. Reading all the diary's and menu's etc really gives a person an insight into other peoples struggles and highs.... As you can all see from my signature and stats. we are not struggling at all. In fact we both got to our TW weeks before we were due to by Dr. Dukan's maths, but both kept going to the date suggested. My OH has 4 weeks to go and is 7lbs under his TW..... mind you he was 15st9lbs, is now 13st5lbs so is delighted to be heading for 12st something.

Thank you all so much for all the help to gave me either by replying or just letting me read your own posts :flowers:

Hi nice to meet you x and congratulation to you and oh, fantastic losses

Lastchancesalon said:
Hello everyone

Monday

Tuesday

Wednesday

Xx

Hi and welcome, you should start your own diary now you have introduced yourself so we can all read your daily dukan thoughts and menus good luck x

Cara26 said:
Well...i'm back again, third time lucky hopefully!! So i've decided to come back to Dukan, for the third time in the last year. I've flitted between Sliming World and Dukan, losing around 5lb each time and then putting it back on :( I've been finding Slimming World not strict enough in that i;ve been able to eat 'syns' and most of the time going way over my alowance, hence coming back to strict old Dukan! I'm on Day 3 of attack today and all is going well so far. So..wish me luck guys, i really need to stick to it this time, Cyprus in 6 and half weeks...eeeek! Hoping to have shifted at least 9lb by the time i go! x

Hiya and welcome back, is jumping between diets not all getting jumbled in your head : -) you should try to stick to one your body won't know what's happening good luck...Dukan will get you there.....just stick with it x

Cara that's just been my problem couldn't decide what to do so been messing with everything but I too decided enough was enough and Dukan it was ...removing choice is what works for me I'm a plain and simple girl who loves meat ;);)

Good luck x

Hi Laura, Best of luck with your 'Dukan Journey', tried the muffins every which way you could imagine and could never take to them. That said, lots of the 'dukaneers' here swear by them so its a personal taste thing I think. I have survived without them or galettes (thought they were awful too) and have reached TW and am going on conso next weekend.

Thank goodness it's not just me that can't stomach the galettes. Thought there was something wrong with me and I renowned for eating ANYTHING usually!

Back