Welcome to Dukan

Welcome, welcome - you made the right choice Rendaridra! Jx

My first post...and my first diet!
This is my first ever diet; life got out of hand and then I spiralled down and didn't eat properly or exercise. Now the time has come to lose the baby weight and stop the crappy eating habits!
I started the Dukan the day the big kid went back to school. My husband is taking part too, we've just finished our 5th day of Attack, we have to do one more (work schedule for him) and then we will begin Cruise. I'm hoping to lose 2 stone, DH would like the same. He's lost 5lbs so far and I've lost 3lbs. He's a meat eater whereas I am a vegetarian; I have recently added fish back into my diet but I'm not keen overly on it so am trying Quorn products as meat substitutes.
Anyway, I have been reading this forum for the past week and now, have finally plucked up courage to join and post!

hi SPTP (you'll have to explain what that stands for!) and welcome to dukan and minimins! it must be good doing this with your hubby instead of having to watch them eat pizza and cheese in front of you. sounds like you're doing well on attack so far, so good luck for your first weigh in.

everyone hear is very helpful and supportive and i couldn't have done it without them. look forward to reading your progress!

Welcome and good luck xxx

Hi day 1 for me today just over 2st to lose, had planned on doing it by my 40th but didn't quite make it, but it will be gone by the time I hit 41!!!

Welcome Ann, youve chosen a great life plan x

nervous new starter

Hi all, im gona start the Dukan diet tomorrow. Ill weigh myself in the morning but im guessing my weight is about 10st.2lb-10st.4lb and my goal is 9st and im 5ft4ins, so my attack stage should last between 3-4 days. Any tips or recipes would be appreciated! I feel determined but also nervous. x :) x

Hi Maz

Welcome to the board :)

tips would be: buy or loan the book, calculate your true weight on the dukan diet site, enter your stats in the control panel column on the left so you can alter them as you go along :) good motivation.

finally read the book, plan plan and plan some more :)

best of luck x

Hey Maz welcome to the Dukan mad house!! lol Seriously, its a fab plan that if followed properly you will lose weight, simples!!

Have a look at the recipe threads there are tons of dead easy recipes to get you going, get your planner sorted for the week so you know what your going to be eating and buying from the shops as it can be a dear do. Have a look at the thread for the bargains, and start a diary, its really good to look back at. Good luck X

Hi maz I am at the end of my first week and have found it really easy to follow, the recipe thread is great. My top tip would be to plan ahead, I have a sheet to plan breakfast, lunch & dinner plus snacks for every day that way I am not tempted to cheat.

Hi all, thanks for your replies. Day 1 down. Just had a grilled steak with mustard powder and chopped garlic (the dried one from the herbs and spices isle). I had grilled chicken legs for lunch and scrambled eggs with smoked salmon for breakfast.

I made a few errors today by having sugar free lemon squash in my water (approx 2 pints water mixed with the squash, not to strong) and i ate half a pack of Bernard Matthews wafer thin turkey ham for a snack throughout the afternoon. I later realised that i shouldn't be eating/ drinking either of these. What do you think? Do you reckon they'll make a difference to my end of attack weight loss? I calculated my true weight this morning and it said i should have 4 days on attack. I thought about having 5 to make up for today? do you think its necessary?
:)

Hi Maz
Welcome! I have finished my first week today and have found it really easy to follow to. I have ate a lot of chicken kebabs using 0%fat Greek yogurt and curry powder to marinate and then adding the chicken and some onion to skewers and grilling. Another saver has been having tea with a tsp sweetener in it at night(I never drink tea!) There are lots of custard recipes through goggle using skimmed milk, egg yolk, sweetener and vanilla essence yum!
If you do happen to have a day were you struggle have a look at the inspirational pictures thread, it really helped me through the weekend!

Good luck! X

day 1 down!!

hi all, i wrote a reply but not sure where it went. Day 1 down and it went well i think.

b, scrambled egg with smoked salmon
l, grilled chicken legs
d,grilled steak with mustard powder and chopped dried garlic
s, Bernard Matthew wafer thin turkey ham (dont think i should have had this)
drinks, coke zero and water with sugar free cordial (dont think i should have done this either)

what do people think about the turkey ham and cordial? do you think it'll affect my end of attack weight loss. My attack phase is 4 days but do you think if i should do 5 to make up for these?

maz2727 said:
hi all, i wrote a reply but not sure where it went. Day 1 down and it went well i think.

b, scrambled egg with smoked salmon
l, grilled chicken legs
d,grilled steak with mustard powder and chopped dried garlic
s, Bernard Matthew wafer thin turkey ham (dont think i should have had this)
drinks, coke zero and water with sugar free cordial (dont think i should have done this either)

what do people think about the turkey ham and cordial? do you think it'll affect my end of attack weight loss. My attack phase is 4 days but do you think if i should do 5 to make up for these?

No pre packed or cordial sorry, but just drink loads if water and stick to your 4 days attack..it shouldnt make a difference x

I thought turkey ham was ok? Seems very low fat... Or is tithe salt in the pre-packed version?

Thanks Sidd, im ready for day 2. Will have the same brekkie as yesterday, Got chicken legs got lunch which ive flavoured with papricka and garlic salt, not sure what ill have for dinner yet but have a few bit in so lots to choose from. Ive got some crab stick for snacks and ill drink, tea, coffee and skimmed milk.

Dukanista, i thought so too but then again its packed with other stuff aswell ie salt, sugar and other additives. Knew it was too good to be true.

I always thought it was the added salt content, its ok in emergencys.....just compensate with water.

hi all im new....i start on monday(cant wait) i stopped smoking last year and put on 2 stone :-( then started again cos i was fed up, have just stopped again(1 wk now without any) so i decided i am going to diet at the same time( probably mad but hey lol) im looking forward to getting started i have the book and have just started running 3 x wk( using a training app) also have 2 dogs so i walk afew hrs aday anyway....the thing im confused about is water intake? i always drink about a ltr and tea and coffe( i drink about 12 cups a day lol) aswell as some diet coke so am i drinking to much? look forward to chatting and reading everyones journey so far :)

tutter29 said:
hi all im new....i start on monday(cant wait) i stopped smoking last year and put on 2 stone :-( then started again cos i was fed up, have just stopped again(1 wk now without any) so i decided i am going to diet at the same time( probably mad but hey lol) im looking forward to getting started i have the book and have just started running 3 x wk( using a training app) also have 2 dogs so i walk afew hrs aday anyway....the thing im confused about is water intake? i always drink about a ltr and tea and coffe( i drink about 12 cups a day lol) aswell as some diet coke so am i drinking to much? look forward to chatting and reading everyones journey so far :)

Try increase your water and use that as your officially fluids then your tea coffee etc is extra
I find water and loads of protein gives me the best loss!
And I mean loads!!
Enjoy, it's the best plan going as there is no limit on protein
Any questions just holla! Xxx

You can never drink enough but after your attack be aware of the 1ltre of dairy rule xxxx great choice joining us Dukaners you'll love the results xxx

Back