Welcome to Newbies 2013 - Say Hello here!!!

Hi everyone! I was a user of this forum 3 years ago to lose pregnancy weight, I was on slim fast at the time and successfully managed to lose a stone on it in quite a short space of time. However the inevitable happened and I've slowly put almost all of it back on.

So decided as I don't have a huge amount to lose I would try a sensible approach this time that would hopefully last a lifetime! I'm not going to deprive myself of a little treat every now and again, and I'm having around 12-15 syns a day. I must say I'm finding it a really filling diet, I'm never hungry except last thing at night.

Only drawback is is it seems to be a little time consuming with all the veg preparation etc. I'm a full time student and have a 4 year old and hubby works full time too so I think it'll be a challenge to get a home cooked dinner on the table before 7pm and get all my Uni work done after!! Advantage of that is we're eating a lot more fresh food obviously :)

Hi Gilly

Have you thought about using frozen veg instead of fresh? Saves so much time.

Sent from my LT18i using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hi...I'm MadMax and starting SW and looking forward to losing weight and getting fit. I'm waiting to have an op on my knee so exercise is a real problem just now. Miss walking and zumba.
Happy New Year all:)

Sent from my Hudl HT7S3 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hi Gilly

Have you thought about using frozen veg instead of fresh? Saves so much time.

Sent from my LT18i using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hi there. Yes actually I do have plenty of frozen veg in the house but I've made a couple of stir fries so I prefer fresh for that. Plus I need SW chips in my life so lots of peeling and chopping required there :) I definitely won't have a choice at least a couple of times a week though, will need to do frozen quite often. Hoping to use my slow cooker a bit more too, for soups while I'm at Uni but for dinner too.

Hi everyone! I was a user of this forum 3 years ago to lose pregnancy weight, I was on slim fast at the time and successfully managed to lose a stone on it in quite a short space of time. However the inevitable happened and I've slowly put almost all of it back on.

So decided as I don't have a huge amount to lose I would try a sensible approach this time that would hopefully last a lifetime! I'm not going to deprive myself of a little treat every now and again, and I'm having around 12-15 syns a day. I must say I'm finding it a really filling diet, I'm never hungry except last thing at night.

Only drawback is is it seems to be a little time consuming with all the veg preparation etc. I'm a full time student and have a 4 year old and hubby works full time too so I think it'll be a challenge to get a home cooked dinner on the table before 7pm and get all my Uni work done after!! Advantage of that is we're eating a lot more fresh food obviously :)

Hi gilly x I'm almost in the exact same boat, time's an issue when not getting in til 6pm most nights. My advice, if it's possible 4u is using weekends/evenings 2 make dishes in bulk & freeze. For instance, today I'll b making homemade chunky minestrone soup in bulk 4 my lunches & mixed bean casserole with quorn pieces 4 Mon & Tuesday night's supper. I'm off Wednesdays & do the same then. Planning ahead seems 2b my secret 2 losing the weight, I hope u manage 2 find some time 2 x I also get my LO to help with the veg, there's no time off being a mummy is there :)
Good luck hun xx ps using quorn is great as it cooks SO much quicker than meat & most is free! :)

Sent from my ST23i using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hey all. I started SW in November but found this website the other day. Looking forward to losing weight with a whole bunch of people :)

Hello and Happy New Year!
Going to join my local SW class tomorrow and really looking forward to it. Been looking through some of the posts and there truly is a lot of inspirational people.
Looking forward to learning from you all.

Hi there! Started SW today... so far not so good but still a lot better than my usual intake! Not going to a group as I have anxieties about group things like that. Doesn't help either that I live with three stick thin, gorgeous girls, who eat their weight in chocolate and rubbish! But they're supporting me.

Hoping this online forum can become my home... very nervous though!

Hi there! Started SW today... so far not so good but still a lot better than my usual intake! Not going to a group as I have anxieties about group things like that. Doesn't help either that I live with three stick thin, gorgeous girls, who eat their weight in chocolate and rubbish! But they're supporting me.

Hoping this online forum can become my home... very nervous though!

Hiya x if ur struggling then group is really worth while u no. I understand the anxiety side, but ur all there 4 the same reason & no one judges u x if that still sounds 2 scary then u could still join a group, get weighed & mot stay, ppl often do that. It just means you've got a weigh in date each wk which u need 2 keep on track, but you'll also get a chance 2 speak to the consultant who can give u the advice u need xx however, these forums r great 2, we're all in the same boat & r here 2 help & listen x take care hun x

Hiya x if ur struggling then group is really worth while u no. I understand the anxiety side, but ur all there 4 the same reason & no one judges u x if that still sounds 2 scary then u could still join a group, get weighed & mot stay, ppl often do that. It just means you've got a weigh in date each wk which u need 2 keep on track, but you'll also get a chance 2 speak to the consultant who can give u the advice u need xx however, these forums r great 2, we're all in the same boat & r here 2 help & listen x take care hun x

Thanks for the advice hun! Its not just the anxiety thing but time as well. I am, however, looking forward to the support that these forums will (hopefully!) bring :) Today has been a better day though!

Thanks for the advice hun! Its not just the anxiety thing but time as well. I am, however, looking forward to the support that these forums will (hopefully!) bring :) Today has been a better day though!

Hi hun x Time definitely dictates being able 2 go 2 club, thats why I dnt go where I live now, but did enjoy it when I did go.
Had an ok day yesterday, it's the night time that gets me, cud eat my own fist at times I get so hungry after abt 8pm! Linda McCartney sausages, egg, SW chips & veg tonight so hopefully I'll b full!!
Hope you're having a good day today x
Lx

Hi all I stated out again on Tuesday. After losing nearly 4 stone 2010-2012 I've put almost all of it back on after not being as disgusted about what was in the mirror! I'm now back where I started so determined to lose the 4 1/2 I need to be a healthy size 12 xx I will be doing from home as the consultant near me is rubbish and I kind of know the score anyway x good luck everyone

Hi, I've been following slimming world on and off for the past year or so but have been very much lose 1 week put back on the next etc. have decided its about time I got serious on shifting this weight so having a fresh start and hoping to stick to it this time. I'm on my 2nd day of being really good (an achievement as for every good day I have is normally followed by an even naughtier day)

Hello all. I started sw at home on Monday. This is my second attempt I stopped in May & gained 13lbs (I only lost 9lb) so I'm
Heavier than when I first started :( I've literally eaten whatever I've wanted and far too much so now I've been good for 3 days lol. Really want to lose a stone by April hope this is a realistic target! I'm currently 12stone 6 and heaviest I should be is 10 stone 2 for a 'healthy' bmi. Sorry for the essay lol. Rach :)

I am back again too! My OH and I need to lose weight again. I was thinking of going to WW as I lost 60lb on that 13 yrs ago but I dont think it will suit my OH..I think SW will be ok if we stick to it... we did lose some weight last year but gave up after 6 mths.... we have obviously put the weight back on but I am not so mobile and had back/knee pain since Sept. last year and I know being overweight doesnt help.

So... I think we shall get the weekend over with (parents anniversary do) and weigh in on Mondays.

Welcome back lol. Sorry to hear about your knee/back hope it gets better for you soon. I've tried weight watchers but the new pro points looked like hassle. I like slimming world because of the free foods makes it easier to sort meals out. I also did Cambridge meal replacement lost 1 1/2 stone on that but after reintroducing food I didn't stop & out it all back on & then some! So joined slimming world. My Will power was a joke and stopped really quick. I'm determined this time, only been 3 days but I don't normally manage that without cheating myself!

Hi Rach and Susie!

I'm coming back to Slimming World after a few years of eating what I want/changing medications - I'm now heavier than I've ever been and desperate to change. I'm going to go to the shops tonight to buy in food to get started again. All the best with your journeys!

So I posted that post back in July and I did join, on the 12th July. I got my 4 stone award yesterday! :D I forgot my log in details for this place, but I'm always googling and it pops up, so I reset the details and I'm back. Hello again!

Yeay! Well done. That's fab. xx

Ive just had my first weigh in and lost 4.5 yey over the moon xx
That's awesome well done! Are you doing it from home or at a group? I can't wait for mine on Sunday - not letting myself weigh myself beforehand so I don't get disheartened if I havent lost weight! xx

Back