Well going to disappear for a while

futureyummymummy

Silver Member
I feel like all I'm thinking about is this diet and losing weight and it's been really detrimental.

I've put on around 7lbs in the past week because of my stupid binging (all carbs) and just feel like **** (will know tomorrow for sure how much i've gained).

I think if I stop focussing on this so much I'll have more of a chance of getting back on track, I'm so ashamed of myself and feel like I've learned nothing over the past 17ish weeks.

Anyway I'll be back when I get my head straight.

Good luck everyone I'll be thinking of you all.

Emma xXx

hey, don't disappear for long!
what LS says is right - on all counts.

((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))
daisy x

Hope you get yourself back on track today and come back and let us know all about your success when you are ready to. Don't be too long - we're here to listen!

Er...what LS said!!

Emma, please think carefully! I really feel for you and hope that you can get things straight in your head - WI tonight mightn't be so bad, you never know! Have a good long chat to your LLC, it's times like this that they earn their money!

Good luck and virtual love and hugs Yummy!!!

'Scuse me lady but I object.
1) A lot of the weight you'll have put on is glycogen
2) Who do you know that has gotten back on track in isolation?
3) You're a yummymummy now and have done so well. Don't let this last week not all your fantastic efforts.
4) We want to help you get back on track

So there.

Now of course if you still need some time out, I respect that but you better not be away long or I'll set the hounds after you.

I agree 100% with last straw you have done great, just take care of yourself and come back soon.

Lisa xx

OMG Yummy you have lost over 4 stone so don't feel bad about yourself coz you must be fantastic to have acheived that!

Please don't loose perspective on what you have acheived and how well you have done and as PS said make sure you are getting the most out of your LLC during this tricky time!

Good luck hun. x

Hun I am feeling in a similar space right now so whilst I agree with what LS said, I can completely understand and support your decision through that.

Hope you find a better place in your head so that you can come back and finish this thing.

Awwwww Yummy!!! We're here!!! XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Hey Emma

You are right, it's not good to become obsessed with any diet, but you have done so well and I'm sure some of the motivation has been helped by support from people on this site. I know you have encouraged other people when they've struggled, now it's out turn to help you.
Remember when Anna decided to leave us for a while and try on her own?
She's back, aren't you Anna. Lurk if you must, but don't go altogether. We are all here. Whatever the reason behind your recent difficulties you can discuss them here or with your LLC. Nothing is insurmountable.
Good luck Emma xxx Hugs.

;)

Oh honey - I hope you feel better soon, and don't go away for long, you need your friends in times like these (can we be friends? haha ;))

As SB says - yep, I disappeared and now I'm back. I left under different circumstances... I was maintaining at the weight I stopped abstinance at... but after a few weeks, I realised it just wasn't/isn't low enough. You may talk yourself into the fact you are 'ok' at your current weight - but, trust me, not hitting goal is a real soul destroyer, no matter how you dress it up. Just put the next few weeks (or however long you've got left) into perspective, get your head down and do it... you will feel elated when you get to the end.

Keep going honey - we're here for you, and if you ever need a natter just poke me on Bookface :) xxx

If a bit of time out will help you get your head back in the game, then by all means take it. I know what you mean about feeling like you are obsessed with the diet, I'm feeling that way too; it's like I've swapped being obsessed with food with being obsessed about not being obsessed with food...... if you get me?

Anyway, we're all here for you, and I hope you come back soon :)

It does make you a little obessed! on how much are we going to lose this week? All you can think about is LL!!! and so on!!!!
I can totally understand what your going through Emma and like Pete says take a little break if needs be but don't undo all your hard work 'cause that would be a real shame.

As SB says - yep, I disappeared and now I'm back. I left under different circumstances... I was maintaining at the weight I stopped abstinance at... but after a few weeks, I realised it just wasn't/isn't low enough. You may talk yourself into the fact you are 'ok' at your current weight - but, trust me, not hitting goal is a real soul destroyer, no matter how you dress it up. Just put the next few weeks (or however long you've got left) into perspective, get your head down and do it... you will feel elated when you get to the end.

She is right ... I stopped without reaching my goal and it was indeed soul destroying! I could not relax at all. But if you need a break: then it's completely understandable... The break I had from LL was amazing, when I went back I was completely ready again.
In a way to do LL you have to be in the perfect place mentally, otherwise it just doesn't work. Don't worry about the small gain: it is only 'water weight' due to carbs and sugars. Have a go at looking at ways to maintain what you have at the moment, have a read around the board!

*hugs* We're all here for you, some you know much better than others, but regardless we all care very much!

Stay strong.

Just wanted to add my well wishes to you too :)

I think being obsessed is sort of a recognised side effect of LL - the diet is so intense I don't think you can help it. Sounds like a lot of us on here feel the same way. Remember it's only short term to get the weight off as quickly as possible so if you can get back on track you can get to goal really quickly.

However I understand that the more you try the harder it gets. I finished LL in October 2006 and tried to do it long distance when I moved. I beat myself up for being so cr@p at restarting and I wasn't a happy person at all. I tried CD (and other diets) inbetween restarting this year but a complete break just allowed me the time and space to get my head together.

During the break I still came on here and it was nice to just catch up with friends who never judged me for being on or off any diet, so don't stay away too long, you'll be missed :)

Back