Well hello there Ketosis......

..... so glad to make your acquaintence!

Well woke up this morning (day 4) and finally feel human. Headache has gone and hunger has definately lessened. :D

Am feeling a bit wobbly though. Have pretty much had the shakes since I started the diet. Never had this before when I did lighterlife. Am still breastfeeding my daughter though - although she is on solids and am trying to wean her on to formula during the day before I go back to work in around 8 weeks time. Am wondering if this is the reason why. Am going to stick with total solution until the end of the week but if I am still shaky etc might consider swapping to working solution until she is off the breast.
Do you think this could be the reason for the wobbles?
Must say I am enjoying the packs more than I enjoyed the lighterlife packs. They definately taste better. The soups I have tried so far have just been like creamy cupasoups - so its all good.
xxx

hello princess in regards to your 'wobbles' it could be down to thje fact that you are on a vlcd and breastfeeding. you are not usually advised to to certain diets, especially a vlcd when breastfeeeding because you need your calories. you should definately go to working or even simple solution as there is more calories available as little one would be using some up anyway. of course it depends how old your little one is but that fact you mentioned formula could suggest its still an important part of her nutrients. remember a vlcd has given you the right amount of nutrients for YOU to still be healthy while on such low cals but usually when you breast feed you eat more as little one takes some :)

sorry princess i pressed 'post' on accident when i hadnt finished. Everyone is different and this diet may still be right for you but could you consider having the 1200cals per day til she's come of your breast as it might be affecting you?

just wondering how are you weaning her off your breast? it was a nightmare to get my two boys off but my twins were much easier lol!

with the boys i gave them to my mom for a whole day, they stayed overnight and then i picked them up the next day... on the bottle. its so much easier when its not you doing it , you feel guilty plus they can smell the milk :D

hope the wobbles go soon xx

Last edited:
Thanks Mazzyboo. I'm feeling better this evening but am still debating about what to do. Had been a nightmare trying to get her to take a bottle, but unfortunately for me - but fortunately for the bottle nightmare - I had an awful migraine about 2 weeks ago which I needed some strong medication for, and I wasn't able to breastfeed her for 3 days. She had no choice but to take the bottle, so now I know she can do it. Am slowly swapping over each of her 3 daytime feeds from breast to bottle. Have started with her midday feed and am going to swap the other 2 over gradually in the next week or so. So would only be feeding her once morning and night. She is 6 months old, but has been on solids for a few weeks and is having 3 meals plus snacks now.
If the wobbles haven't come back tomorrow will maybe stick with total solution but am just taking it one day at a time.

i know its not easy but i have to say it sounds like you're doing a great job and your plan sounds like a good idea princess
:) You're definately right about taking it one day at a time. Hope you feel better tomorrow xx

Back