Well.......

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by mumto4, 28 April 2008 Social URL.

1. mumto4

mumto4 Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st10lb
    Current Weight:
    11st0.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9.5lb(5.79%)
    Diet:
    LipoTrim
    Just got weighed this morning and i've gained 3lb since yesterday morning. Now i know your not meant to weigh yourself every day because of this but im obsessed and it does keep me motivated. (well meant to)

Is it really likely that after my blip yesterday (3 peices of chicken and an ice-cream) would make me gain 3lb? Because if it's true and thats the cause then this diet isn't for me. How on earth does anyone eat normally again without gaining stupid amounts, even in maintainence. :confused:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. spooky

spooky Banned

Probably nothing to do with the chicken! Although the ice cream wasn't the best idea;)
    Freeze a Tetra brik for ice cream the CD way!!
    Get glugging on the water and forget yesterday.
    Put the scales in the loft to!!:D Don't live by the scales you will be obsessed before you know it!

4. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

you have not gained any fat. that would be impossible in the circumstances. What you are seeing is carb reloading and water gain.

5. mumto4

mumto4 Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st10lb
    Current Weight:
    11st0.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9.5lb(5.79%)
    Diet:
    LipoTrim
    3lb from a ice-cream OMG thats madness!! Can i never do 'normal' things again without putting on weight?

6. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

as i said, you haven't actually put on weight. You have only had glycogen restocked. You will always get this occuring but the refeeding program allows you to lose weight as you restock the glycogen so that you don't see a large weight gain (usually about 6 to 7lbs of glycogen and water when eating normally). And you must have some water gain or you have had a shake or something prior to weighing yourself. also 500 ml of water weighs 1.1lb. So if you drank water before your weigh in it all adds up on the scales. Don't stress about it

7. flirty40greeneyes

flirty40greeneyes Busy busy busy!!

Start Weight:
    15st3lb
    Current Weight:
    13st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(9.39%)
    Diet:
    Slim and Save
    Agree .... don't get hung up about it and definately "lose" the scales. they are demotivating you rather than motivating. Weight can fluctuate on a day to day basis ... dependant on what you are wearing, time of the day, food/liquid consumed, whether you've been to the toilet, TOTM etc. But if you weigh on your CDC's scales once a week you'll see the weight come off.

No more ice cream ... plenty of water and get rid of the scales!

8. mumto4

mumto4 Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st10lb
    Current Weight:
    11st0.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9.5lb(5.79%)
    Diet:
    LipoTrim
    I'd just woke up, nothing had touched my lips (and i'd had a wee) lol. one things for sure i won't be eating again lmao. But on the plus note, i was in heaven when eating it haha.

Upwards on onwards hey!!

Gonna give DH the scales to keep in his van, then i cant use them as hes out in it all day!

9. misscheeky

misscheeky Gold Member

good idea ;);)

10. Loopy!

Loopy! Silver Member

Start Weight:
    18st1lb
    Current Weight:
    18st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Exante TS
    Were tehy differnt scales?

My cdc scales weight 5lbs heavier then mine at home:(

11. GaynorEm

GaynorEm Proper Little Madam

Diet:
    HealthyEating
    NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER get weighed everyday - I was once doing really well on a diet, losing two stones in 2months. I was weighing myself every day...happy & motivated if the scales showed a loss...even a tidgy small one.
    One saturday night I treated myself to a full pizza, the next day I had gained 5lbs on the scales and my motivation went to an all time low.
    That day I pigged out and I never got back on my diet properly - all because I got weighed everyday.

Guzzle your water - focus on today and only get weighed on your W.I. days.

Good luck, you can do it. :)

12. Hedgemag

Hedgemag Cambridge Diet Counsellor

Diet:
    Cambridge
    Deffinately get rid of the scales...drink plenty and flush it through

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.