WeMitt Birmingham Meet - September 8th 2007! SPONSORSHIP MONEY

Where is the list of peepz going to the meet, myself, Karen and Lucky may be able to make it but not sure depends on what the outcome of my surgeons appointment is.

The last lst is on page 8.
Ann x

Bondgirl
BunnyCD
Cah-Ching
Coley - booked for Fri & Sat nights
Dizzy -n-Mizzy
booked Saturday night

FatFairNForty(ish) - booked in for Fri & Sat nights
Irene - booked in for Fri & Sat nights
JellyBelly - booked in for Sat night
Jem - booked in for Fri & Sat night
Kaminix - booked in Fri & Sat
Karen1972
Kitteh - booked in for Fri & Sat nights
Kittykat
Lou_Lou
Lucky
Madam Dotty
MandyB2 - booked in for Fri & Sat nights
Mich - booked in for Fri & Sat nights
Natayou
Nce1
Pandora - booked for Fri & Sat nights
Sonkie
Starlight
Summerskye - booked in for Fri & Sat nights
Westiegirl - booked Fri & Sat night

Those in bold definates.....

Bondgirl
BunnyCD
Cah-Ching
Dizzy -n-Mizzy
booked Saturday night

Kaminix - booked in Fri & Sat
Karen1972
Kittykat
Lou_Lou
Madam Dotty
Natayou
Nce1
Starlight
Sonkie
Lucky
Karen

I have added us for now, will let you know after my appointment in June.....!

hey Sonia, that'll be fab if the three of you can make it, its so motivational to go to these things. Really hope you can come, but if your doc determines otherwise we'll understand
xx:)

Hi Cheryl im not sure if he will do tt, I know he is willing to do hernia, but I think they want you to be pretty slim for tt....so will see, if I need to lose more for tt I am going to wait.

Hiya girls,

Will defo try and come up to Brum and if I do then yep i'll come to the science museum.

Won't put my name down just yet as not sure of other plans etc. xxxxx

Yey for everyone coming to Brum!!!!

Looks like the science museum is on.....ideally the Fri would be the plan otherwise sharing the buttons with the kiddies on the weekend? booooooooooo.

I don't know what time I'll be down..depends when the trains are I suppose....but yey!!! :D:D:D

I must, must, must book my room or there won't be any left!!!! Already missed out on the cheap ones (I blame DH he made me wait whilst something was going through on the Credit Card - grrrrr)

Bondgirl
BunnyCD
Cah-Ching
Dizzy -n-Mizzy
booked Saturday night

Karen1972
Kittykat
Lou_Lou
Madam Dotty
Natayou
Nce1
Starlight
Sonkie
Lucky
Karen

Bondgirl
BunnyCD
Cah-Ching
Dizzy -n-Mizzy
booked Saturday night

Karen1972
Kittykat
Lou_Lou
Madam Dotty
Natayou
Nce1
Starlight
Sonkie
Lucky
Karen
westhills (Sat night)
Shaza (Sat night)

I must, must, must book my room or there won't be any left!!!! Already missed out on the cheap ones (I blame DH he made me wait whilst something was going through on the Credit Card - grrrrr)
GET IT BOOKED!!!! lol

Can't recall who said about getting discounts but I did talk to Jury's about it and they wouldn't go below the great deal of £49 so that was that. But I did try :)

Can't believe this list already! Looks like a great time will be had by all!!

Bondgirl
BunnyCD
Cah-Ching
Dizzy -n-Mizzy
booked Saturday night

Karen1972
Kittykat
Lou_Lou
Madam Dotty
Natayou
Nce1
Starlight
Sonkie
Lucky
Karen
westhills (Sat night)
Shaza (Sat night)

The 'meet' will take place on the Sat afternoon approx 3pm in the foyer at Jury's Hotel in Broad Street.

At the "meet" in the afternoon, I would like it to be similar to the first "WeMitt" meet, where we all got to know eachother, and shared our dieting stories. A lot of people brought photographs, newspaper articles etc. It really created a wonderful feeling of mutual caring and "group identity" for want of better words. I feel quite protective of the fact that this is a WEMITT meet. I understand that we are all going to Birmingham to have a good time, but hope that we can also remember and celebrate, the reason we have all met eachother in the first place.
Ann x

well Bond girl did mention yest that i can bunk in her room with her !!

can you count me in as well plz if thats ok. I will try to sort out overnight stay but funds are limited. If thats ok I would really love to meet everyone and I am nearer now as I now live in lincs. I go for my first weigh in with SW tomorrow so I will make a new ticker bar and let you all know how it goes..Tina........

At the "meet" in the afternoon, I would like it to be similar to the first "WeMitt" meet, where we all got to know eachother, and shared our dieting stories. A lot of people brought photographs, newspaper articles etc. It really created a wonderful feeling of mutual caring and "group identity" for want of better words. I feel quite protective of the fact that this is a WEMITT meet. I understand that we are all going to Birmingham to have a good time, but hope that we can also remember and celebrate, the reason we have all met eachother in the first place.
Ann x

My experience has been that this is what happened anyway - not necessarily a sitting around a table and each taking it in turns to speak to the group, nothing so formal as that, but indeed stories were shared one to one, and by mingling we all got to talk to one another and share our own thoughts about the diet etc and our experiences and concerns etc. Personally I don't want to do anything terribly formal and as the last two I've been to were as they were and everyone got so much from them, it seems a formula that has worked.

I wasn't at your first one, so I cannot comment on it, the meet in Portsmouth sounds similar to it though, and that WAS nice, but it was in a more private kind of setting and a much smaller group. I think some people might find it very uncomfortable sharing their story in a large group.. but then.. you guys say what you feel.. I can only speak for myself... if you want to do things this way then I'll go along with whatever the majority want to do.. :) ...we may need to hire a function room for that and there will be a cost involved unless we can ask the hotel to let us sit in their canteen/restaurant area so that we won't be sitting in the public eye so much if we are individually addressing the group as a whole.

I don't think for a single solitary moment that any of us who are going have forgotten why or how we have come to be in the place we are at right now or how we have met or what it is we are doing. Yes we'll all go and do our own thing in the evening, but we must also all feel comfortable about whatever we do when we all spend that meeting time together. I'm a gobby mare (as you may have realised, lol) so it's not a problem for me, but if I wasn't so gobby then it might be a bit daunting to be expected to address a large group, no matter how lovely they all were.

I think its wonderful that WeMitts exists and has enabled us all to meet as it has :D and for that we have you to thank :D :D :D and I for one celebrate completely the fact that you started WeMitts and that I was fortunate enough to be welcomed into this wonderful community xxxxxxxxx

Well I would prefer to do the meet like Ann said as a real newby at the last meet I do feel I did not mix with enough people and would love to have seen some before and after pics. Why dont we all bring them and see how we feel as really I agree with Ann this is what we all have in common ~ our issues with food and for the wemitts just starting its amazing to see all the success stories ~ and be inspired to keep going

What does everyone else think??

I think the piccies etc, clothes etc would be good!!! but I'm scared of the presentation......don't want to be all weird and present my story, don't really feel I have one.:(

without wishing to cause a "divide" amongst WeMITTS & as there are so many of us going, perhapse those who wish for a more formal approach could do this, yet if you don't want to be as formal & just sit & chat then that could also be done.
the reception at Jury's is big & so two groups could probably be accomodated.
Just a thought of how to keep all happy, i know that i am very interested to hear other people's stories & happy to talk one on one, but on the flip side of the coin, would not be comfortable on standing in front of a crowd & talking about my (boring) journey.
this is just my opinion & hope no offence is caused on me airing it
xx:)

Back