WEMITT Chat

psp
some people do not care what they wear x x :D

have a great day hun

oh susie we are red hot on here but all friends x x x

Princess...thank you for the suggestion. I just took a quick peek over there and they are offering free U.S shipping. :p
I do believe I am in need of a few more shirts, hahaha...the ones I have a somewhat too big for me now.

Glad to hear it!! :) (on both accounts!!)

psp
some people do not care what they wear x x :D

They really don't - even smaller people. It all needs to be out on display right now it seems... (!)

Just a quicky this evening. Getting ready to call it a night but I wanted to come on and say THANK YOU to all of you gals who have welcomed me into the WEMITT 'family & forum this past week. I am thrilled that I found this site. :gen126:

Thank you to Cavegirl, and the other moderators who helped me move the thread that I had started here on WEMITT over to the diary section and merge it in with my new diary that I had set up over there. My diary is called Losing Weight with Wile E. Coyote

I think I'm finally getting the hang of things around the forum..lol. I'm a bit slow at times, lol
I finally have my subscriptions all organized..and bookmarked some of your diaries so I can follow along with your journeys.

DUH! it took me a while to figure up what the 'green check mark' next to a thread meant. I also kept getting notifications about 'likes' that I was receiving and had been sitting here for days wondering where the 'like' button was...another one of my DUH! moments.

what can I say..some days I'm more with it than other, but eventually I catch up, haha.

Talk to you all soon ((HUGS))

The more the merrier :D You are very welcome my love, it's great to have you here.

So glad you're here hun - the more fab people we have, the more lively our community :D xxx

oh susie we are red hot on here but all friends x x x

:D We are a close lot aren't we :)

Loving this thread :) xxx

Let me tell you ladies, handwashing these bras is not an easy job...!! Roll on a new washer ;) :banana dancer:

Oh crikey I bet not - what about checking on Freecycle to see if someone has a washer they don't need anymore? I've been a member of our local one for a couple of years and it's amazing what people want to get rid of.

Yep I second free cycle we put our tv on there yesterday as we got my nans one and a family came and picked it up this morning for there girls bedroom xxx

Thanks ladies, but mum is adamant that it has to be a new one.

It sounds like she's being awkward I know, but it's only the washer that she'd be bothered with. It's a) because we use it so much - at least twice a day - and it battles through dog bedding and a serious amount of doggy hair so she needs the guarentee and b) we're both "funny" about being clean and that includes the clothes too.

This is because she grew up with and we both 'cared' for grandad. He wouldn't let anyone use the washer once gran passed away or even use it himself. He'd sluce his clothes in the kitchen sink (where he also washed :sign0137: ) once a week if that. He'd wear undies/tshirt with a jacket and pair of trousers over them - take the jacket and trousers off and sleep in the tshirt and undies and then dress in the same jacket/tshirt - his record was 18 days. You can imagine the smell of him and the house. You only had to step into the house and you smelt of it too. We'd get home and scrub ourselves clean and wash our clothes immediately (still do when we leave the carehome as he makes us feel so unclean and we know he still doesn't do the things he should post bathroom visits). Finally when he got so poorly that he was forced by social services into respite with pleas from us as he had the severe dt's after being thrown out of the hospital midnight and 8 times over the drink drive limit according to his results and we couldn't get food/drink into him as he threw it all back. (this was about 2 and a half years before he went into a care home ) he was threatened that if he didn't clear the house and buck his personal hygiene up he wouldn't be allowed home.

FINALLY got the chance to go through all his clothes (and the house) and throw out the stuff (most of it) that was unusable, replace the other bits and WASH IT ALL :D

This is his idea of 'clean'. Took 2 full weeks of 12 hour days with the charity shop transit van picking up donations twice a day monday-friday every day. It also had to have the front yard emptied seven times. Nigh on killed us!
DSC00150.JPGDSC00151.JPGDSC00156.JPGIMAG0042.jpg

We both have to feel clean and obsess about it as a result. Thank you for the help though lovely :) for anything else we'd totally go for it :)

Attachments

• DSC00148.JPG
    DSC00148.JPG
    621.7 KB · Views: 21
Oh sweetheart...older people do get issues with cluttering up their home and not letting go, but that is a whole different realm! It must have been a nightmare.

I completely understand your need to be clean - I'm no clean freak but had some experiences growing up myself that cause me to scrub myself a bit (at last count, 22 shower gels in the bathroom :eek:) - and also to have a new washer, hope it happens really soon for you xxxx

It was certainley 'fun' when it came to picking him up after his drunken falls and standing on a huge pile of stuff. Once stood on a photo frame, if I'd been wearing shoes that weren't my thick soled boots (was 3am and winter) I'd have had my foot lacerated.

As far as SS were concerned, he had capacity to say no and as a result we couldn't 'force' anything on him - including cleaning up the house without his agreement. Everything had to be done on his say so until the respite visit where they came and saw how bad the house was finally.

But then when he came home it was 'he has capacity. he can refuse anything. It's his human rights'.

[Never mind everyone elses, hey?!]

Having said that, the SW did manage to talk him into having a professional carer three times a week to wash him when he returned home so things did get slightly more pleasant to live with. It was still in the kitchen sink but... a bonus on what he had. An 3 months later he broke his elbow so thankfully he was 'allowed' carers every day in the mornings to come and wash him - and he couldn't stop me washing his clothes so we had a bonus there too! (not that I mean I'm glad it happened - it just got him clean(er) than he was before and the smell was much more pleasant.

Hi all :)

I noticed people talking about clothing. I discovered joe browns at simply be and their stuff is fab!! I'm tall 5ft9 and a size 32 but their clothes are well thought out, long and roomy but it is pricey. I pay on account so it's monthly but the good thing about it is that it has fab resale value if you lose weight and sell your stuff.
eBay has lots of joe browns x

Just one more day guys and I shall be back with you properly

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Back