WeMitt stabilisation and maintenance

westhills

I STILL mean it!
Well folks, here's the thread I've been working towards since last January. I really Mean It This Time - that weight is NOT going to come back. I know it will be difficult, but I am absolutely determined that THIS TIME, I will learn to be a healthy individual, who looks after herself.
I must admit that I will miss the "reward" of a weekly weight loss, somehow it's not the same when you only aim to either lose a little, or stay the same, but it's a journey I'm pleased and gratefull to be on.
The lady who tattooed my eyebrows back in February, when I had been on VLCD for about a month, (my first "treat") has sent me a copy of the picture she took "before" her handiwork. Well, even I am quite shocked at the way my face has changed. Public Album
As more WeMitts get to BMI 28 or so, I expect this thread to become busier and busier, I do hope so.
Had a boiled egg and GI bread for breakfast and am just going to prepare dinner. It is nice to be eating with Michael again.
Ann xxx

Last edited:
hpe you dont mind me keeping a close eye on this as im just starting stabilisation and i will be keen to hear your experiences. i wish youthe very best of luck, although im sure youwont need it, :)

Hi CDT - please post on here often - I'm just starting as well - would like to lose another half a stone on the way.
Please ideas for meals, recipes etc. as well as your feelings about it all.
I am SCARED of it all, but it has to be done, and it has to be continued to be done, forever. Now that's a dauting thought!
Ann x

Hiya Ann

Ok firstly don't panic like I did! Everyone tells you that you will put it back on and if you aren't careful you start believing them!

When I first finished I used Weight Loss Resources a lot as that is a great resource for nutritional info that will tell you what is good and what isn't.

My approach is to be an angel 80% of the time and that allows me to relax when I want to and have a sausage roll!

My five main pieces of advice for keeping it off are :-

1. Keep a close track on your weight

2. Keep drinking at least 2 litres of water a day

3. Go with the 80%/20% rule

4. Never eat after 7pm

5. If you fancy something then share it with your partner/friend. It tastes just as good but half the calories!
M.

Ann,

Well done on getting to this stage and having such courage in facing the next step forward. I too will be following your sensible and heartfelt posts very closely.

I loved the reply Mike gave and it is something I to will try to follow when I have completed the 12 weeks route to management. My big worry is that I go too far the other way in my behaviour, 'I can't have that couse it's 'bad''. I don't want that attitude because that is just swapping one bad attitude to food for another.

Good luck with stabilising and maintaining your weight :)

Oh absolutely!!

What you have to realise is that you WILL eat bad!

You may think you will eat salad forever but you won't, you may do it for a month or 6 months but at some time you will think that life is just too short and kick the doors of the prison.

Therefore you need to learn that you can eat bad and try and find how much bad you can eat without putting weight back on. For example I had a sausage sandwich this morning for breakfast!! But I didn't have one all week and won't tomorrow and it won't make me put 11 stone back on so why get too wound up about it.

And always remember that skinny people who have always been skinny eat crap! They just eat the right amount of crap to get away with it.

M.

mike ate a sausage roll :eek: :D ;)

i always thought the dont eat after 7pm was an old wives tale, :eek: is there anything you can nibble on after 7pm if you feel peckish that wont pile on the pounds

Hi CDT - please post on here often - I'm just starting as well - would like to lose another half a stone on the way.
Please ideas for meals, recipes etc. as well as your feelings about it all.
I am SCARED of it all, but it has to be done, and it has to be continued to be done, forever. Now that's a dauting thought!
Ann x
i want to lose another 7lb too,

I go on the principle that if I have had a good balance low GI dinner then you shouldn't be peckish during the evening and hence I don't feel the urge to snack.

If I do ever get peckish or feel knackered i.e. when I play badminton then I eat a good old Cambridge peanut bar!!

I go on the principle that if I have had a good balance low GI dinner then you shouldn't be peckish during the evening and hence I don't feel the urge to snack.

If I do ever get peckish or feel knackered i.e. when I play badminton then I eat a good old Cambridge peanut bar!!

i think i might keep a supply of shakes in to make a mousse if i get to that point then,

What a sensible approach Mike and the beauty of it is that I get to learn it from you without needing to waste my time working it out for myself :rolleyes: Thank you so much :D

im gonna have to try get my head round this gi stuff, i was told baked potaotes are high gi, but if you have them with baled beans then they become med gi ?? what is that all about, ?

Basically new pototoes are better because they have more fibre. If you cook jacket spuds then don't make the insides light and fluffy, go for a bit harder centre as it takes longer for your body to digest it :)

If you have something that is a medium or high GI food but have it with something that is low GI then it brings down the overall GI rating of your meal, this is what is known as GL or glycemic loading.

Basically new pototoes are better because they have more fibre. If you cook jacket spuds then don't make the insides light and fluffy, go for a bit harder centre as it takes longer for your body to digest it :)

If you have something that is a medium or high GI food but have it with something that is low GI then it brings down the overall GI rating of your meal, this is what is known as GL or glycemic loading.
thanks chicken, im going to have to get some books on it,

I would recommend you start with the 99p Tesco little pocket one because it is easy to read and follow but has all the info in it.

Then maybe think about some recipe books. I was looking through my local library the other week and they had a few so I will get a few of those on loan rather than but and just copy out my favourite meals :D

wishing you all well. and congrat's! I'll be here digging around for tips and hints VERY soon! I promise! lol
xx

Back