Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

were am i going wrong :(

Discussion in 'SlimFast' started by kimmykims, 3 March 2011 Social URL.

1. kimmykims

kimmykims Member

Start Weight:
    14st1lb
    Current Weight:
    14st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st9lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Ultra slim
    hello everyone, im around week three to week four of my diet its simaler to slimfast (ultraslim) my first week i lost 3lbs and thought it was the start of something good. but for the past two weeks ive not budged from 13st 12lbs, its really getting me down and i feel like quitting.
    ive been doing the 30 day shred im on day 7 so its not as if ive not been exercising either,
    my diet consists of
    morning:shake
    snack:100 cals
    afternoon:shake
    snack:100 cals
    600 cal tea possibly a tiny bit more sometimes & a little snack at night around 125cals. could this extra snack be the reason why im not losing. as the first week i was very strict.
    i dont know what to do.. im enjoying the shakes and dont have much of a problem with the diet itself, but why am i not losing and one else had this problem? xx kim xx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Loser85

Loser85 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    23st10lb
    Current Weight:
    17st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    6st10lb(28.31%)
    You are supposed to have 3 snacks a day so that shouldnt be a problem. Are you maybe exercising too much or eating too few calories? Both can make the body hold onto fat like crazy. Try maybe upping the cals a wee bit just for a week to see how you go. Also drop the exercise to maybe every other day. Also keep up the fluid intake.

4. kimmykims

kimmykims Member

Start Weight:
    14st1lb
    Current Weight:
    14st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st9lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Ultra slim
    Hiya well the exercise Ive been doing is a mixture of cardio abs & strength for round 20 mins & to be honest i dont find it that difficult i do get a huge sweat on mind and i can feel the exercise working, Ive been drinking probs just over 2 liters of water a day,
    but Ive heard a lot about your body going into.... is it starvation mode?? were it holds onto fat like you say. but what i dont understand is surely i should be past that stage after near 4 weeks.
    since weighing myself this morning i'm seriously lacking motivation
    i will keep on with it though. and try upping my calories a bit more
    not really sure how to go about this though. more cals with tea? and extra snack any ideas?

5. stephie77

stephie77 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    17st6lb
    Current Weight:
    14st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st13lb(16.8%)
    Mybody went into starvation mode in week 2 because i was working out every day in the gym for 90 mins everyday...u could try increasing ur cals to 1600 and see how u go. It worked for me i maintained wk 2 and 3 so upped my cals and dropped 2.5lb in week 4.

Which level are u doing in the shred?? Maybe go to L2 now so ur working harder ( you dont have to do the full 10 days at L1, u can move to L2 as soon as ur ready) i have been doing L2 for 10 days and do it the days i dont work out in the gym.......

Stephie77 xxx

6. stephie77

stephie77 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    17st6lb
    Current Weight:
    14st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st13lb(16.8%)
    Also if u have gone from no exercise to the shred then ur body will be storing water as its not used to the exercise.......this is very normal but it can take a few weeks to go, but it does go!!

Stephie77 xxx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.