We're not going backwards. It's time to move forward...

hope leeds went ok. are you an event planner?

and hope you are feeling better jess!

Good evening everyone :)

I hope you all had a lovely weekend! Mine was actually quite nice, just spent it with my fiancé John relaxing & watching the x factor together! :p

I'm happy to say my cold has finally gone! Not completely, but it's good enough for me!

So...I'm definitely ready to go first thing tomorrow morning! :D I'm very excited, nervous, determined, scared - lots of things! But I will start tomorrow. I will change my life and I will achieve something that I set out to do.

I'm ready :).

I know I've put on a couple of lbs over the past week - it was that nice food at this posh hotel in Leeds that did it. :( Not good, but to me right now it doesn't matter. I'm going to put the wrongs - right!!

Yay!!!

Here goes...!!

hope leeds went ok. are you an event planner?

and hope you are feeling better jess!

Thanks hun! Leeds went really well & my hotel room was an absolute palace! I had two baths! & the room was probably nearly the size of my flat. The event went well so I'm pleased and felt a big sense of achievement.
I work in Marketing so dabble in a lot of things but event planning is one of them so it's exciting!
I hope you're well? xx Did you have a nice weekend? xx

Glad to see you back Jessica :D And glad to see you're feeling better. Good luck for tomorrow! :)

Morning all,

I’ve started! Yay!! :D
Had my apple and cinnamon porridge for breakfast and I’m drinking plenty of water! My first challenge of the day – said no to a cup of tea.

Last night, I went out and bought a book/diary type thing so I can write in and just record my feelings etc throughout the day. It’s also something I can write in when I can’t log on for whatever reason, i.e. when I’m at John’s. To go with that, I got some lovely colourful pens and some stickers which tie in with a “well done” theme! :p

I weighed this morning…156lbs :( put on 4lbs! I’m hoping a lot of that is water as I carry excess fluid like no one’s business – I also put weight on very very quickly. I’m one of those people that only have to look at a cupcake and I’ve gained half a stone.
To be honest, as miffed as I am that I’ve 4lbs heavier, I’m not that fussed because I know that it is going to come off and that I never want to weigh 156lbs ever again (apart from when I have the joy of becoming a mummy). :rolleyes::)

Measurements are as follows:

Bust: 36
Waist: 29
Hips: 42
Arms: 12
Thighs: 22

Bra Size: 34D (although I’m spilling a little)
Top Size: 12 – I could probably squeeze in a 10 but wouldn’t feel totally comfortable
Trouser Size: 12 – slightly snug…
As you can see from my measurements - I am very hour-glass!

I’m feeling ok so far, a little hungry and looking forward to lunch. I have Oriental chilli soup which I’m looking forward to trying.

I hope you are all having a lovely day! I’ll keep you posted with how I’m getting on.

Thanks for all of your support so far,

Love Jess xxxxx

Well so far so good :)

I had my oriental chilli soup for lunch which was quite nice, although I struggled to finish it. I’m not really a soup person but I thought I’d give it a try.
I’m finishing work a bit earlier today and then I’m off to my sister’s house to see her and my 16 month old twin nieces. :)
It’s great spending time with them as they are so beautiful, funny and clever. My sister has done a brilliant job as twins are hard work.
After that, I’m off to go and see my “full of cold so please feel really sorry for me” fiancé! ;) bless him. Men are funny aren’t they when they get ill, it’s like the end of the world. Although, I do feel a little bad as I gave it to him! Teehee!

Work has quietened down a little now that the event is out of the way and a few other bits and pieces have been completed. Good thing really because then I can chat to you guys! :D

Hmm what else has happened today…well I bought some beautiful new shoes from New Look – they were a bargain as well – £10! I just couldn’t say no! I have a dress from Next that they would go really well with so when I’ve lost some weight I will try it all on.

I hope you are all having a lovely and successful day. To be honest, I’m just chuffed I’ve made it through half a day. I’m feeling confident! :)

Have a great day everyone,

Thank you for reading.
Love Jess xxxxx

Good morning,

Day 2 going really well! I’m not feeling hungry at all actually which is good!
I also had a little sneaky peak of the scales and I’m shocked to say that I’ve lost 3lbs in a day! I know it’s only water but I don’t care! It’s still decreased the number on the scales to 153lbs! Very happy :) that is a lot of fluid - and I’m back in the 10’s! :D

I feel strong in myself which I’m really happy about as I was scared that I would really struggle mentally. I also feel strong enough to go out for a drink at lunch today with a girl from work – I have already mentioned that I’m just going to have water at the pub just because I’m trying to be “extra good”… I don’t really want to mention that I’m on CD; I just find it added pressure and I just want to get on with it.

I have a few little things coming up over the next 3 weeks or so which is really going to test my will power. I’m going to see the Stereophonics on the 17th with a few girls from work which will be great fun, but I know they are going to be having a couple to drink so I just need to find some sort of reason why I wont be. Then I’m off to our head office in Ellesmere Port on 19th/20th which would be fine but my company pre-pays for your dinner at the hotel. I’ll either be very strong & have nothing, or I’ll see if I can have a plain chicken salad…
22nd we’re going on a work night out to “Flares” which is a 70’s disco themed club and great fun – I arranged it a while ago so this is going to be difficult for me to get out of.
I’m not going to worry about it yet as I have a couple of weeks yet. I’ll just take each day as it comes and worry nearer the time if I need to.

How do you all deal with social situations?

xxxxx

Hey Jessica! Glad to see you're feeling so positive! Regarding excuses not to drink alcohol or sugary stuff: if you need an excuse just say that you're on antibiotics. :D

Hey Jessica! Glad to see you're feeling so positive! Regarding excuses not to drink alcohol or sugary stuff: if you need an excuse just say that you're on antibiotics. :D

Thanks Elie :) Yeah I feel surprisingly great - feeling a bit hungry now though!
That's good advice - thank you! :D

I hope you're well? How are you getting on? xxx

I'm fine today, thanks :) I had a very self-pitying moment yesterday :eek: but hopefully it won't come back. I just find afternoons really hard as I forgot to buy tetras and therefore have nothing to eat between breakfast and dinner in the evening :rolleyes: I had a little peak at the scales and it looks goooooood :D (although I know it is mainly water and glycogen, I don't care ;))

I'm fine today, thanks :) I had a very self-pitying moment yesterday :eek: but hopefully it won't come back. I just find afternoons really hard as I forgot to buy tetras and therefore have nothing to eat between breakfast and dinner in the evening :rolleyes: I had a little peak at the scales and it looks goooooood :D (although I know it is mainly water and glycogen, I don't care ;))

Aww that’s good hun that the scales are looking good!! Really happy for you! Keep up the good work and no more missing out lunch missy! Glad you’re fine today though – I think we all get those self-pity moments, just have to try and ride them out.
It doesn’t matter – a loss is still a loss! I know I’ve lost 3lbs of water and nothing else but I don’t care! It’s still making me lighter!! :D
Have a great rest of your day! :)

xx

Aww that’s good hun that the scales are looking good!! Really happy for you! Keep up the good work and no more missing out lunch missy! Glad you’re fine today though – I think we all get those self-pity moments, just have to try and ride them out.
It doesn’t matter – a loss is still a loss! I know I’ve lost 3lbs of water and nothing else but I don’t care! It’s still making me lighter!! :D
Have a great rest of your day! :)

xx
Hehe, Water, Fat, who cares? the numbers are going down which is the main thing. I'm also a 1lb down on yesterday and I couldn't give a flying fig as to why :D it just means 1 less to get rid of.

I was going to suggest that you say you are on antibiotics as a reason as to why you cant drink any alcohol. People wont pester you then to "just have the one, it won't hurt".

See you later J
xx

Hehe, Water, Fat, who cares? the numbers are going down which is the main thing. I'm also a 1lb down on yesterday and I couldn't give a flying fig as to why :D it just means 1 less to get rid of.

I was going to suggest that you say you are on antibiotics as a reason as to why you cant drink any alcohol. People wont pester you then to "just have the one, it won't hurt".

See you later J
xx

Thanks mum :D I think I will, stereophonics will be easier than Flares - I'll still go I think but just drink water, I'll still have a good time:) You're doing well too - keep up the good work I know you can do it xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Day 3

Hiya xx
Very happy to be on Day 3 and going strong because now I know that it will at least feel a little easier thanks to ketosis :p

Had another naughty sneaky peek on the scales and really happy to have lost another lb - that's 4lbs in 2 days :) I'm so chuffed with that because now I'm back at my starting weight before I got hit with a nasty cold. 1 stone and 12lbs to go! and I WILL do it!! :D

I was quietly proud of myself today as it's someone's birthday in the office and you know the ritual - cakes EVERYWHERE. I happily and easily resisted despite having my collegues saying "Jess, have a brownie!" "There's chocolate fudge cake out there have you tried it?!"

"No thank you, I'm being good" :D

So this was good. I'm hoping I can apply this later on once I'm off CD and just maintaining.

Back to being busy at work today - but I am so happy as one of our company Brochures that I have been working very hard on for the last couple of months finally went to print and was delivered today! :) It looks great and I have a real sense of achievement because that project was my "baby".

Looking forward to seeing OH tonight (you've probably gathered we don't live together yet) so we just see each other a couple of times during the week and then for most of the weekend. So I do miss him occasionally - it's nice though because when we do see each other I still get butterflies. :eek:

Just wanted to say thank you for the "antibiotics" advice - I'm definitely going to go with that. I'll still have a great time drinking water but it just stops people saying "oh one won't hurt". Erm...Actually it will!

I hope you are all having a positive and successful day,

Thank you for reading,
Love Jess xxx

You sound like you are doing fine :) Keep up the good work and the weight will be gone in no time :)

Also, if they want you to drink sodas or other soft drinks: just say you can't because you're throat is too sore and everyone knows that sodas and other drinks are acidic which burns when the throat is already sore ;) Plus, it is true that it is advised to drink water only while taking AB :D

x

Back