"Wet" eggs.

Discussion in 'Slimming World Recipes' started by kerry b, 19 May 2011 Social URL.

1. kerry b

kerry b Silver Member

Diet:
    slimming world
    I have made a sort of quiche type thing a few times. Just egg with maybe cheese or ham depending on my mood. While they taste lovely I find that they are very watery and "Wet" tasting which is off putting to say the least. I cook them in a silicone muffin tray then take them out the oven and leave in the tray while they cool. What am I doing wrong? Should I be removing them from the tray while still hot? This is a brilliant dish for lunch at work but the thought of it puts me off making it again.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. lolacola

lolacola Silver Member

Start Weight:
    12st0lb
    Current Weight:
    9st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st3lb(18.45%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hmm, not sure! This happens to me when I make SW quiche, but this is because I fill it with veg (tomatoes, peppers, onions) and the moisture comes from them.

I just take the dish out of the oven a couple of times during cooking and pour it off!

4. Circes

Circes Strutting her stuff

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    7st5lb(41.2%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    What quantities of egg and cottage cheese are you using - I've never had a wet quiche let alone have to drain liquid off!

5. Potatogirl

Potatogirl Doesn't like to wobble!!

Start Weight:
    18st11lb
    Current Weight:
    16st13.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    16st13lb
    Lost(%):
    1st11.5lb(9.7%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    So far I've only made the one with pasta in the base with veggies on top. I've not had a wet one either..

6. Mummy_Helen

Mummy_Helen Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Current Weight:
    10st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st12lb
    Lost(%):
    3st9lb(25.12%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    Mine goes watery if I don't cook my veg first, but if I fry any mushrooms, onions etc first, and then add them to the mixture, I don't have any problems.

7. ~*~Louisa~*~

~*~Louisa~*~ bye bye baby tummy

Start Weight:
    14st2lb
    Current Weight:
    12st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7lb(10.61%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    I had a slight moistness to mine lastnight but i didnt cook my veg first and i had mushrooms and corgette in there... but it wasnt overly wet iykwim

8. Noddynoobs

Noddynoobs Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st10lb
    Current Weight:
    10st3.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6.5lb(12.5%)
    i normally fry the veg off aswell, and do have any issues with it being wet.

9. kerry b

kerry b Silver Member

Diet:
    slimming world
    Im not putting any veg in it or cottage cheese. I use 5 eggs and 2 hex a portions of cheese and maybe some ham depending on which plan im following. This makes 6 mini "quiches". I got the idea from the gammon loaf in last months magazine but instead of a big loaf I make little mini ones.

Not having to drain any water off but when you bite into the quiche it is very watery and "wet" tasting. Dont know how else to describe it. I have made both the pasta quiche and the SW quiche and they seem fine .

10. -Tally-

-Tally- Silver Member

Have you tried frying the bottom with frylight and grilling the top...so it'd be more like an omelette? You could ensure it was properly cooked then by poking the tops when grilling. If it's "wet" it sounds like it's not being cooked inside properly.

11. louisedan

louisedan Gold Member

Diet:
    slimming world
    I prefer to use quark instead of c.cheese

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.