Wetherspoons jacket potatoes ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
We had a member who worked for Wetherspoons and she confirmed that the spuds were fried before they are delievered

How does she know that though and know its not just part of this rumour. Has she possibly just heard this story too?? If they ARE fried then theres no way the nutritional values on their website can be right and personally I dont think a major chain like Wehterspoons would take the chance of making the nut values up. Im sure theyd be in a heck of a lot more bother doing that than they would be frying their potatoes.

ooh this is interesting - cant wait to find out whats going on - we can expose them to the world :) xxx

Yeah but I bet they dont spray the chips with frylite and cook them in the oven!!

Makes you wonder JUST how accurate some of these syn values actually are. Plus there is no standard sized portion of chips in Wetherspoons, I went with my sisters the other week and my sister had about 8 chips whereas I had about 30. I think with anything like this and eating out, you should probably allow a bit more syns than are stated just because they cant control the portion sizes.

can you imagine an actual SW restaurant - SW chips, scan bran cakes and pasta n sauce all round :D oh and HIFI bars! xxx

i think whether they are fried or not you can say the best bet is to avoid them because they are around 26 syns each. Either way truth or myth... synful

can you imagine an actual SW restaurant - SW chips, scan bran cakes and pasta n sauce all round :D oh and HIFI bars! xxx

LOL. Theres a cafe in Liverpool that is SW friendly and lists all the syn values of their foods, still waiting for an opportunity to go try it out. If it wasnt for the fact that SW charge so much for food analysis to get the certificate I would TOTALLY want to open a SW restaurant.

Someone mentioned that Asda and Tesco inject their BBQ chickens. We in class have been told Asda do but Tesco dont.

I have a friend who works in Wetherspoons kitchen, i will ask her about the baked pots.

Weatherspoons came up in class tonight and I asked if anyone had heard anything about it. Not our C but another which comes to weigh at our group told us about the JP's and said she'd heard it at the last C meeting. My C couldn't remember but that's not unusual.;) Apparently the steaks are also extremely highly synned, 59 I think the C said.:eek:

Who knows, rumour or not I'll stick to the 5 bean chilli because it's yummy.:)

a cafe where i live does have a slimming world menu and if you show her your sw card you get a discount too! She's a member so did it as a trial when she joined and it was a huge success.

The jacket potato place also weighs out your cheese and cooks mushrooms etc in frylight if you tell them your on sw

a cafe where i live does have a slimming world menu and if you show her your sw card you get a discount too! She's a member so did it as a trial when she joined and it was a huge success.

The jacket potato place also weighs out your cheese and cooks mushrooms etc in frylight if you tell them your on sw

Wow that's amazing!! I think everywhere should have such places! Also being WW friendly where everything is pointed and calories stated for those counting calories!! They would make a fortune because we'd all feel in control going out to eat!!XXX

I have been thinking more and more often how great it would be to go out and have proper syn free meals or at least low syn cooked by someone who does sw. I wish we had this where i live, you are very lucky.

I think I am going to move;)

How does she know that though and know its not just part of this rumour. Has she possibly just heard this story too?? If they ARE fried then theres no way the nutritional values on their website can be right and personally I dont think a major chain like Wehterspoons would take the chance of making the nut values up. Im sure theyd be in a heck of a lot more bother doing that than they would be frying their potatoes.

I don't know how she knows, she just said that they did. i just avoid eating in there altogether though, cos I don't find the food that nice, and would rather spend my money elsewhere

I've always worked in restuarants and pubs and the majority have their food delivered my Brakes, as far as I know the jackets are just plain jackets until some "chef" bings them in the microwave. They dont look as if anyone has touched them before the microwave gets to them.

Who knows, truth or urbal legend!!

Wetherspoons would be under legal action if their nutritional information was wrong. It is most definately a story that someone has started, that has got carried away, a bit like chinese whispers as a child.

In fact there is more total fat in a bachelors savoury rice (which is supposedly free according to SW) than what there is in a Jacket Potato with beans (with butter and salad dressing omitted) from wetherspoons.

The real discussion should be, do slimming world have shares in Bachelor's ??? lol

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back