Wetherspoons jacket potatoes ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I spoke to my insider in the kitchens.

She says they come pre-baked, and they are reheated in the oven or the micro depending on time or who is on.

So no deepfrying.

She found the theories of re-mashing, deep-frying and fat injecting hilarious. She thinks I'm mental.

Thanks for that Lexie. It's sorted it out good and proper. Seems like all that talk is just that - talk! Deep frying is urban legend lol!

Considering that a JP with butter & gammon is only 15 syns, I really dont think this rumour is true at all.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]J D Wetherspoon Gammon Steak & Pineapple with Jacket Potato, Butter, Peas, Tomato & Flat Mushroom per serving[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
extraeasy.gif
15 Syns on Extra Easy
red.gif
Original 15 Syns
green.gif
Green 25½ Syns
[/FONT]
[/FONT]​

oh lord!

This talking about fat injected spuds is driving me crazy.

i got a jacket potatoe from one of them portable stall thingys in nottingham town yesterday, and i grilled the poor young lad about his spuds!!!! :eek:

asked him if they were just cooked in oven?
How were they cooked
are they injected with anything?
Butter?
fat
deep fried?

think he thought i was some mental lunatic escaped from somewhere on the hunt for spuds!

enjoyed my syn free spud in the end though

********** I heart this thread!!! ***********

oh lord!

This talking about fat injected spuds is driving me crazy.

i got a jacket potatoe from one of them portable stall thingys in nottingham town yesterday, and i grilled the poor young lad about his spuds!!!! :eek:

asked him if they were just cooked in oven?
How were they cooked
are they injected with anything?
Butter?
fat
deep fried?

think he thought i was some mental lunatic escaped from somewhere on the hunt for spuds!

enjoyed my syn free spud in the end though

sorry this made me chuckle.

The Official Word On Wetherspoons Jacket Potatoes

I got a letter this morning after submitting a webform, that says the following.

"I can confirm that our Jacket Potatoes are not deep fried. I have also been assured that the potatoes are not fired at any point during the supply process".

Thats spelled as it was written, by the way. So they dont fire their Jacket Potatoes. :D:eek:

I'm sure a lot of people will be relieved to hear that! Still doesn't quite explain the high syn value though but I would have a jacket potato and 5 bean chilli in there and not worry too much.

Oh, well thats a relief then, was starting to worry about all of those jacket pots out of work

they certainly dont have an 'eye' for spelling

(grooooooooooooan)

:giggle:

Haha, I knew they didnt my friend works in a bar here in barnsley. Just gotta syn the bloody side salad dressing if you have it (which is to die for!) think its about 6 syns :) ! xxx

nuff of the bad jokes now, jacket in:thankyouthankyou:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back