Wetherspoons?

YumyMumy

Crawling to the finish!
If I get a jacket potato and beans in Wetherspoons today is it considered free?? I'm on EE? Thanks

Also make sure you ask they dont put butter on there and any salad comes with dressing on the side. You know i've been wondering that can we count the free foods when we go out for meals as in a few weeks time i have a few days in a row where i'll be heading out for dinner and i'm slightly panicked and will prob stick to a jacket potato lol

I hope ita ok :0) I'm gonna ask for it as plain a can be :0) xx

There's lots of info for Wetherspoons on the 'Eating Out' section and I can remember seeing a thread recently specifically about their jacket potatoes.

Rioght ok just found it 12 syns for the potatoe on beans on green and ee but that is with DRESSED side salad and its doesnt specifiy weather the potato has butter and in spoonys as i said you can ask forboth to be removed.

Wetherspoons used to be where I went every Saturday for lunch (Gourmet burger with beer battered onion rings and chips) and when I started SW I nearly cried when I saw how many syns were in the burger alone.

I haven't had one since and to be honest haven't really missed it that much - have been having too much fun making stuff at home!

I know from time to time it's nice to just have a meal out to be sociable.

In Wetherspoons, as far as I know, the five bean chili with basmati rice is 4.5 syns (you might want to double check this, but I think this is their best option) - it comes with tortilla chips, you could probably slash the syns value by not eating the tortilla chips. :D

Yes i did typre in the 5 bean chilli as tbh it is one of my favs from spoonys :D. And i know the veggie burgers in there are divine as is the veggie sunday roast but the syn values are quite nasty lol.. I think the tortilla chips are the syn value in that.

stay away from the JP Spoony inject oil into JP's when cooking so although seem a free option if request no butter its pretty pointless
by all accounts the 5bean chilli is the best option xxx
hope it helps had the same discussion many moons ago xx

stay away from the JP Spoony inject oil into JP's when cooking so although seem a free option if request no butter its pretty pointless

There was a massive discussion about this a while ago so someone (from this site I believe) contacted weatherspoons HQ and they stated that they do nothing to their jacket potatoes before or during cooking, and TBH you would notice of there was oil put into it cos potatoes are so dry!!

Please please, not this urban myth again. It is completely untrue and is a case of chinese whispers that has got out of hand.

A jacket potato at wetherspoons with no butter and no dressing on salad, is no different in nutritional value than if you were to make it yourself at home.

On the SW website syns section the jackets at Spoons have LOADS of syns, hence the stories about what Spoons do to their jackets - Spoons tell you they are literally dug up for the ground and baked.

I have avoided Spoons jackets as I'm not sure who to trust and don't wanna risk going over my syns inadvertently, but there are many who are happy to have jacket with beans no butter/dressing etc and have it syn free. You'll have to make up your own mind.

I ALWAYS have the 5 bean chilli which is GAWWWWJUSSSSS!! But if you have this it has to be with the yellow basmati rice (not chips) to be 4.5 syns. And if you leave the tortilla chips alone it is TOTALLY SYN FREE :)

Just to make matters worse - over on Facebook someone apparently asked the staff if the potatoes were deep fried and was told yes! So it looks like this one is never going to die.

On the SW website syns section the jackets at Spoons have LOADS of syns, hence the stories about what Spoons do to their jackets - Spoons tell you they are literally dug up for the ground and baked.

I have avoided Spoons jackets as I'm not sure who to trust and don't wanna risk going over my syns inadvertently, but there are many who are happy to have jacket with beans no butter/dressing etc and have it syn free. You'll have to make up your own mind.

I ALWAYS have the 5 bean chilli which is GAWWWWJUSSSSS!! But if you have this it has to be with the yellow basmati rice (not chips) to be 4.5 syns. And if you leave the tortilla chips alone it is TOTALLY SYN FREE :)

the syns are for a jacket potato with butter and salad with dressing. A jacket potato with no butter and salad with no dressing is no different to one you make yourself at home.

I've never heard that before and i;ve had spoonys potatoes in the past and they;ve not been fatty. I'm sorry who ever did say that but heheheheheh.

They only have syns because of the butter and the salad dressings. As the salad dressing alone is 6 syns(as i said) though tbh if i was going out with friends for dinner im not going to orer jp and beans i think i will stick to the veggie chilli :D

I never believe these kind of "I asked the staff and they said yes posts" as it really is just the word of one person, and lets face it, many people like to stretch the truth and carry on these ridiculous rumours..

The nutritional information given on the wetherspoons website for a jacket spud with baked beans (no butter or dressing) works out exactly the same nutritional wise as making one yourself at home. Wetherspoon's can't lie and make up their nutritional information.

It really is complete nonsense all these injecting with oil or deep frying rumours.

Last edited:
Back