What a weekend!

charlottegrace1

Gold Member
Got a call from my daughters school on friday morning to say she had been hit in the face with a snowball (iceball more like) and the school nurse was concerned that her eye was damaged. So picked her up, spent 4 hours in casualty having it looked at by various staff, only to be told that yes, the eye was damaged (but will be ok) and that we had to go to Coventry and Warwick hospital on Saturday morning for further looking at. Left home at 9.15 on Saturday heading for hospital, left hospital at 12.40 on saturday and got home at 1.30 on saturday. Talk about a marathon. What makes me smile is we only saw a doctor for around 5 mins in all this time, and they didn't seem very busy either. Hey ho!
Anyway, was posting this to ask mums and dads to explain to children that when the snow gets compacted it forms ice and can do some real damage to someone if they get hit etc. Soft snow is great and I'm the last to squark on about health and safety, let kids be kids, but just think a little bit before chucking the missiles. My daughter had her back to the person throwing the balls but just happened to turn round as it hit her (unlucky) in the face and is very lucky there is going to be no permanant damage to her eye sight, (she does have a corka of a black eye) but it is so easy to do a lot of damage.

Thank you.xx

Oh CG, thank goodness there will be no permanent damage to your DD's eye, I bet she is not pleased with her 'shiner' though - what a scary weekend for you all, best wishes to you. X

Thanks Donnie, I wouldn't want to be in the boys shoes today when she gets to school and finds him, I hope he doesn't go home with a black eye too lol.
Its good there is no permanant damage, thats the main thing. xx

Back