What am i doing wrong? im starving!

SophieLiz

S: 16st0lb C: 11st11lb G: 10st0lb BMI: 28.3 Loss: 4st3lb(26.34%)
Hi guys, im 2 weeks in and really happy with the results (lost 19lbs so far) but Im seriously starving! Is this normal? I was fine for the first week didnt get any of the 'carb withdrawal' issues i was expecting but this week im seriously hungry I keep getting evil hunger pains. If thats normal its fine I can cope with it but i keep reading that when your in ketosis you shouldnt feel hungry.

I had put it down to the fact that i cheated over the weekend and had half a rasher of bacon but surely if that was the issue ild be ok again by now?

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

time2go

Gold Member
S: 18st3lb C: 13st4lb BMI: 29.1 Loss: 4st13lb(27.06%)
R they pains u r experiencing definately hunger?? Cud it b Ur bowels? No, half a rasher of bacon wouldn't affect u x

Divster

Gold Member
Some do still feel hungry, I did. If they are hunger pangs, just try and ride them out, maybe a glass of water? How much water are you drinking a day?

Well done for so far though, 19lbs is stonking for 2 weeks! :D

SophieLiz

S: 16st0lb C: 11st11lb G: 10st0lb BMI: 28.3 Loss: 4st3lb(26.34%)
I have just thought that it might be that Im not drinking enough, i drink a lot in the evening but im normally pretty busy in the day and forget to drink a lot of the time.

Getslimquick

Been liberated by Exante!
S: 17st0.0lb C: 10st10lb G: 10st10lb BMI: 25.7 Loss: 6st4lb(36.97%)
SophieLiz said:
I have just thought that it might be that Im not drinking enough, i drink a lot in the evening but im normally pretty busy in the day and forget to drink a lot of the time.

I think sometimes you are just hungry. Then the next day it's fine, I was never able to work out why. Certainly try drinking water first, it's often thirst not hunger and you need a great deal more water than you think to survive and keep well on a VLCD.

GSQ

Samprand

WILL do it!
S: 19st7lb C: 17st9lb G: 9st0lb BMI: 45.2 Loss: 1st12lb(9.52%)
19lbs in 2 weeks is awesome, well done! It could be thirst as other people have mentioned, something like 75% of hunger pangs are really just thirst x

Starlight

Gold Member
Unfortunately ketosis doesnt mean no hunger ever, it certainly helps but its not at all unusual to still feel pangs

bella1980

SophieLiz said:

Be careful not to drink too much over a short period - it is VERY dangerous to drink too much water quickly. Try staggering your water intake throughout the day and you will probably feel better.