What am i doing wrong? im starving!

SophieLiz

Hi guys, im 2 weeks in and really happy with the results (lost 19lbs so far) but Im seriously starving! Is this normal? I was fine for the first week didnt get any of the 'carb withdrawal' issues i was expecting but this week im seriously hungry I keep getting evil hunger pains. If thats normal its fine I can cope with it but i keep reading that when your in ketosis you shouldnt feel hungry.

I had put it down to the fact that i cheated over the weekend and had half a rasher of bacon but surely if that was the issue ild be ok again by now?

R they pains u r experiencing definately hunger?? Cud it b Ur bowels? No, half a rasher of bacon wouldn't affect u x

Some do still feel hungry, I did. If they are hunger pangs, just try and ride them out, maybe a glass of water? How much water are you drinking a day?

Well done for so far though, 19lbs is stonking for 2 weeks! :D

I have just thought that it might be that Im not drinking enough, i drink a lot in the evening but im normally pretty busy in the day and forget to drink a lot of the time.

SophieLiz said:
I have just thought that it might be that Im not drinking enough, i drink a lot in the evening but im normally pretty busy in the day and forget to drink a lot of the time.

I think sometimes you are just hungry. Then the next day it's fine, I was never able to work out why. Certainly try drinking water first, it's often thirst not hunger and you need a great deal more water than you think to survive and keep well on a VLCD.

GSQ

19lbs in 2 weeks is awesome, well done! It could be thirst as other people have mentioned, something like 75% of hunger pangs are really just thirst x

Unfortunately ketosis doesnt mean no hunger ever, it certainly helps but its not at all unusual to still feel pangs

SophieLiz said:

Be careful not to drink too much over a short period - it is VERY dangerous to drink too much water quickly. Try staggering your water intake throughout the day and you will probably feel better.

Back