What am I doing wrong?

Knoksk

Okay, so I have been at slimmers world for 5 week and only lost 2lbs. This week and last week I put on 1.5 lbs! :break_diet:
I want to loose weight not put it on. :cry:

I have lost 2 stone on weight watchers but moved to slimmers world. :jelous:

Here Is my food diary for last week. Please help me!

I have milk for teas (a)

Day One: (Day one I had to go have my cyst in my thyroid drained so did not feel the best for eating)
Breakfast: Hi fi Bar (b) & muller Light

Lunch: Mugshot

Tea: Chicken Breast, Pasta (a lot)
WW Yoghurt.

SYNS!: 0

Day Two:

Lunch: Wafer thin ham, Pot noodle (the fat free ones) 3x Eggs

Tea: Chicken Curry (made with toms, onions, peppers spices, mushrooms) Rice

Snacks 3 x Apples, 1 x Banana 2x snacka jacks (4syns)

SYNS! 4

Day Three:
Breakfast: Hi fi Bar (b) & Two fry Light Eggs

Lunch: Low fat noodles 1 x muller light yoghurt

Tea: Broth - lentils, pearl barley, cabbage, carrots and gammon

Snacks sea food 1 x banana

SYNS! 18 syns - two glasses of champers and two double G N T'S

Day Four:

Lunch: Wafer thin ham, fat free noodles

Tea: Lamb, beans (1 tin) and a large jacket potato, Parsnips

Snacks 1 x curley Wurley (6 syns), apple

SYNS! 6

Day five:

Lunch: Sardines in tom sauce 1 x apple 3 x tangerines

Tea: 2 x eggs, bacon, quorn sausage and rice 1 apple and 1 tangerine.

Snacks 2x hovis slice brown bread nimble

SYNS! 6

Day six:
Breakfast: 2 x eggs one tin of spaghetti in tom sauce

Lunch: Sardines, 1 x fruit pot

Tea: Gammon, Jacket pot and beans
1 x muller light yoghurt

Snacks 0

SYNS! 0

Day seven:
Breakfast: Beans and 2 slices of hovis nimble (b)

Lunch: Mackerel in tom sauce 1 x apple

Tea: Tuna and sweet corn

Snacks 6 snack jacks

SYNS! 12

I hope someone can help me :)

Over the week I have done 2 hours of fitness DVD's. I did put my all into it.

I lost no weight after the week above.

Knoksk said:
Okay, so I have been at slimmers world for 5 week and only lost 2lbs. This week and last week I put on 1.5 lbs! :break_diet:
I want to loose weight not put it on. :cry:

I have lost 2 stone on weight watchers but moved to slimmers world. :jelous:

Here Is my food diary for last week. Please help me!

I have milk for teas (a)

Day One: (Day one I had to go have my cyst in my thyroid drained so did not feel the best for eating)

Lunch: Mugshot

Tea: Chicken Breast, Pasta (a lot)
WW Yoghurt.

SYNS!: 0

Day Two:

Lunch: Wafer thin ham, Pot noodle (the fat free ones) 3x Eggs

Tea: Chicken Curry (made with toms, onions, peppers spices, mushrooms) Rice

Snacks 3 x Apples, 1 x Banana 2x snacka jacks (4syns)

SYNS! 4

Day Three:
Breakfast: Hi fi Bar (b) & Two fry Light Eggs

Lunch: Low fat noodles 1 x muller light yoghurt

Tea: Broth - lentils, pearl barley, cabbage, carrots and gammon

Snacks sea food 1 x banana

SYNS! 18 syns - two glasses of champers and two double G N T'S

Day Four:

Lunch: Wafer thin ham, fat free noodles

Tea: Lamb, beans (1 tin) and a large jacket potato, Parsnips

Snacks 1 x curley Wurley (6 syns), apple

SYNS! 6

Day five:

Lunch: Sardines in tom sauce 1 x apple 3 x tangerines

Tea: 2 x eggs, bacon, quorn sausage and rice 1 apple and 1 tangerine.

Snacks 2x hovis slice brown bread nimble

SYNS! 6

Day six:
Breakfast: 2 x eggs one tin of spaghetti in tom sauce

Lunch: Sardines, 1 x fruit pot

Tea: Gammon, Jacket pot and beans
1 x muller light yoghurt

Snacks 0

SYNS! 0

Day seven:
Breakfast: Beans and 2 slices of hovis nimble (b)

Lunch: Mackerel in tom sauce 1 x apple

Tea: Tuna and sweet corn

Snacks 6 snack jacks

SYNS! 12

I hope someone can help me :)

Over the week I have done 2 hours of fitness DVD's. I did put my all into it.

I lost no weight after the week above.

All i can think of is r u weighingmilk etc n not having too many hex bs also r u double checking ww yogurts n pot noodles r free on sw

I got the pot noode packets my consultant said was free and told me to get. I also saw that WW yoghurts were free somewhere on this site and my consultant said they were free too. I take my milk in a container to work and home again with me every day :)

I only have one slimmers world Hi- fi bar as my b :)

What plan are you following? it does seem that you have days with very little or no superfree foods.

On EE you really need to try and have your one third with every meal - sweetcorn, peas, potatoes and parsnips are not superfree foods. I would def have a rethink of what you are eating and try and include more variety because you seem to eat the same things quite regularly.

A gain could also be due to time of the month so try and look at your losses on a monthly basis rather than weekly to take into account hormonal changes.

Yeah, I do get stuck in a rut, my other diary are very similar to that really. Maybe I need to eat more of my super free foods. Are salads part of the super free? Maybe I could add that to my sardines?

I am on EE I was going to go on red days this week. However, I might stick to EE and make sure I eat those super free foods - Thanks guys.

More tips are welcome :)

The thing that immediately stand out to me is that there are no fruit and vegetables with each meal.

If you are doing Extra Easy then it's important to have 1/3 of your plate filled with superfree fruit or veg.

Some of the meals look very light and nowhere near susbtantial enough. For example a tin of fish and an apple is just not enough for lunch. You should also try and snack more between meals if you're hungry and definately have your syns. I see on most days you have next to no syns and on only a couple of days do you have enough. You need to make sure you're having between 5-15 every day. You can save them up and have them all at once, but the important thing is you must have them. Cutting back on syns doesn't speed up the losses, it slows them down.

If you increase the amount of superfree food you're eating, and have proper lunches, i've no doubt you'll start to see the weight falling off.

It's strange when you switch from WW to SW (or vice versa), as you have to forget everything you learnt on the old diet. The principles of WW don't work on slimming world - You need to eat lots and lots for this plan to work. I've done both, and they both work, it's just they're different and don't follow the same principles.

You need to give your body sufficient energy and nutrients so that it can burn off both the energy it gets, and excess fat. If it doesn't get enough, then it won't burn off the excess.

Good luck, and enjoy the next week eating and synning more!!

Are you definitely getting the right pot noodles its only the ones that go in a mug that weigh 38 - 44g that are free.

I also agree that you need to be eating more superfree and maybe something more substantial for your breakfast.

Have yiou tried looking at some of the food diaries to get some ideas.

Yeah, I won it for slimmer of the week over Xmas and she said it was free. Going to your point Jenny (and thankyou for your advice I am going to follow it), I think I had every single last syn that week - drink wise and lost 2.5 lbs. I am just too scared to eat loads and have all my syns. I think I need to just go for it and see what happens.

Thankyou Soccermom, I am going to have a look at some of the other diaries to try and get some ideas.

It feels wrong as it feels like you're eating loads, but what you're eating is healthy and low-calorie, low fat foods. So there's no need to worry about eating lots, just so long as you stop when you're comfortably full, and the food is ok on the plan then it's fine!

Knoksk said:
Yeah, I won it for slimmer of the week over Xmas and she said it was free. Going to your point Jenny (and thankyou for your advice I am going to follow it), I think I had every single last syn that week - drink wise and lost 2.5 lbs. I am just too scared to eat loads and have all my syns. I think I need to just go for it and see what happens.

Thankyou Soccermom, I am going to have a look at some of the other diaries to try and get some ideas.

I usually have a blow out day once a week n have about 30 syns n my weekly weigh ins i lose between 5-2 lbs!!! I eat loads of speed soup also- those r my tips x

I don't know how much you weigh now, but what strikes me is how LITTLE you are eating. The estimated calories for some days is probably well under 1000.

My guess is you are not losing because your body thinks you are starving it.

The "gain" could be anything from totm or eating salty foods, not going to the loo. You sure are hell not putting weight on from over eating.

The temptation when you have this happen is to cut back even more, but I think the answer is to eat more. You are light on veg, so adding those where you can will help boost your intake overall. I would try a bigger breakfast as well. And use your syns.

Alfsmummy - What is a speed soup?
Sparky67 - I am going to trya nd make my breakfast a bit bigger and change it often. And make sure I have my syns, can you save some syns? Just that I like a drink at weekend. It never helps when parents tell you it is too much food to be eating lol. I think my other problem is I eat my tea quite late at night. Could that be a problem?

I would definately say you need more superfree foods in your meals (fruit or unstarchy veg).

Also I would try getting more freshly prepared stuff into your meal plans. I see a lot of noodles and processed things in your daily plans, which although slimming world advertise as free, I would really try to limit the amount you have in a week. Just look at the nutritional information and ingredients and you will see why.

If you are stuck for things you need quick. I always make up extra of recipes and freeze some in handy tubs, to take out when I know I won't have much time to prepare something. Things like curries, soups, stews etc are great for this.

Perhaps have a look at the food diaries section to see what others are having to give you ideas. You could definately be eating a whole lot more filling meals in your day.

Good luck!!

If you are eating your main meal at night, and say half your calories come from that, you are possibly only eating around 500 cals all day.

Think about trying to run a car all day when you are only putting a small amount in the tank when you garage it at night.

You need to eat more and throughout the day, otherwise your body just thinks its being starved all day, then when you do feed it it will hang on to everything because it thinks you might starve it again.

Knoksk said:
Alfsmummy - What is a speed soup?
Sparky67 - I am going to trya nd make my breakfast a bit bigger and change it often. And make sure I have my syns, can you save some syns? Just that I like a drink at weekend. It never helps when parents tell you it is too much food to be eating lol. I think my other problem is I eat my tea quite late at night. Could that be a problem?

Speed soup is basically all the super speed Veg!! I whack in all the veg i like, garlic, tinned toms and sometimes add pasta!!! I make loads! i take it to work! or ill make potato and leeks n celery soup!! my normal food diary is-

bfast bacon buttie on warb bread with brown sauce 1/2 syn measure and melon.

Lunch- soup, jacket and lean meats with salad or use my milk for a pasta n sauce followed by fruit or jelly

Dinner- morrocan chicken loads of rice and tonnes of roasted veg maybe soup to start more jelly with spray cream 1 syn n 2 pieces of toberlorone

If i have syn left ill just save them for weekends xxxxx

Thanks guys for all this great advice. I am really thankful, I will start having more filling foods and will look in the diary section for lunch ideas and breakfast ideas as I struggle with those the most. And You are right Brit I need to try and stay away from the processed rubbish.

I am going to start a new week with all the suggestions and will leave a diary at the end of the week (I use the hand written diary every day) And I will see what my loss is. This week I am getting weighed two nights earlier as we are changing classes. Thanks again. :)

Please feel free to keep giving me ideas. The more tips and ideas the better. :)

Speed soup is basically all the super speed Veg!! I whack in all the veg i like, garlic, tinned toms and sometimes add pasta!!! I make loads! i take it to work! or ill make potato and leeks n celery soup!! my normal food diary is-

bfast bacon buttie on warb bread with brown sauce 1/2 syn measure and melon.

Lunch- soup, jacket and lean meats with salad or use my milk for a pasta n sauce followed by fruit or jelly

Dinner- morrocan chicken loads of rice and tonnes of roasted veg maybe soup to start more jelly with spray cream 1 syn n 2 pieces of toberlorone

If i have syn left ill just save them for weekends xxxxx

Oh what a good idea for the soup! I think I would be more likely to eat them that way. I used to have butternut squash soup - that was great. Thankyou for posting a day of your food diary it has given me more ideas for lunch already esp with the soup. :D

You mentioned in your earlier post about a cyst on your thyroid - have you been tested for an underactive thyroid? I was gyming 5 days a week and eating around 1100 calories a day for months and lost nothing, all I succeeded in doing was stopping the weight gain I'd been experiencing but I couldn't lose a single pound. It was then I got tested as I knew something had to be wrong as it's physically impossible not to lose weight if more is being burnt off than you're putting in!!

There's also such a thing as sub-clinical hypothyroidism when your blood test comes back fine but you still have mild symptoms of someone with hypothyroidism (tiredness and weight gain). It can be treated by taking selenium (I think that's what it's called, my Auntie takes it as the doctor wouldn't give her anything as her blood test came back fine but she's much better now she's taking it).

My thyroid is fine, I have lost 2 stone whilst I have had the cysts. It is just in my thyroid. Thanks for the advice tho, but due to loosing 2 stone already with the cyst I know it is not connected :) Thankyou.

Okay, so this is what I have eaten today. What do you guys think? Is it better?

my a is for milk.

My b is for two nimble hovis slices. Having 2 eggs scammbled and my toast will have two laughing cow light triangles on (3 syns) and a banana.

Lunch a packet of savory rice, side salad and an apple. (The apple ended up being a snack)

Tea: Chicken (no skin), Salad, Jacket pot, Light Cottage Cheese. 2 apples and 1 banana.

Soon I am going to have a packet of snackerjacks (3 syns) total of 6 syns used.

I had 2 pints of water and fruit tea. And for my supper I am going to have the packet of snackerjacks and a muller light yoghurt.

Back