What am I doing wrong?

Hi all,

I started the diet on the 30th August 2011, due to my BMI I started on step 2. Had my first weigh in on Monday and lost 9lbs in one week. Weighed myself this morning (my scales do match my consultants) and I've lost nothing since. I've stuck completely to the diet and I do the school walk twice a day so I'm still getting some exercise although not strenous.

Am I doing something wrong?? I can't understand why I haven't lost anything. Feeling pretty deflated about it at the moment :(

Em x

our bodies retain different amounts of water, so even weekly weigh ins don't always show a loss.

the only things i can suggest might affect it:
- are you drinking nothing other than plain water / coffee / tea?
- are you avoiding salt, onions, garlic etc?
- are you weighing all your protein portions? and sticking to 3tbsp of strictly "list" veg?
is it your time of the month?

but if it's none of that, then it's just the way it is. There's still 3 days til weigh in - almost half the week - so there's still time. But if it is a low loss (3lbs is average, btw) it's just your body playing silly beggars.

I'm on SS, no cheating, and I only lost 1lb last week. You just have to trust in the diet - your body will catch up.
But sometimes,

Hi
I know how you feel ! I'm on Step 2 as well. I lost 8 lbs on my first week and then only 1.75 on second week. And I stuck to it 100%. My CDC said shes had quite a few people whose weight loss has this pattern, as Spangles says its just the body playing up ! You've still time for a loss though and if not I'm sure everything will catch up the week after.

im exactly the same. I lost 8lbs in week one and my weight has not budged since monday. its soooooo disheartening but i have to trust that its just water retention or something like that cos surely its not possible to not lose weight on such a strict diet !!! keep the faith xx

I'm exactly the same, my weight has not budged this week until yesterday when I lost a lb. Had a tin of tuna and a squidge of cheese last night and put 1lb on today!! Sillyness!
This daily weighing is such a bad idea, my brain starts going "well what's the point in starving yourself if you stay the same?".
And Spangles is so right, it will catch up eventually but you do end up in danger of sabotaging yourself for no reason xx

Thank you so much,

I'll persevere with it because I really want to succeed. I've got myself into a regular routine of drinking the water (basically drinking a pint every three hours between meal times so I'm never feeling hungry) so I know I'm having the full amount..

I guess you read and are told by others that the weight drops off you and every week you'll see changes and that, I think, is something you come to expect. I'm glad I'm not the only one!

PMA (and no daily weigh ins).

I'll let you know on Monday! Eek.

Good luck and keep going - we'll do it! :) x

I lost just over 11lbs 1st week and have been sticking to my diet religiously (stage 2), my 2nd weigh in is in Monday so lets see.....

My CDC said I should hide my scales to avoid temptation to weigh myself - this is the best thing to do cos if you keep weighing yourself and not seeing any change it disheartens you and that could cause binging!

My friend doing CD said that in some weeks if he didnt lose anything or just a pound that the week after his weight loss was more than it was other weeks.

Cant wait till Monday PM! Good luck, dont think about it and hide your scales!!

Back