What am I doing wrong?

Problemchild

Hi all.

I'm a bit confused. I'm nearly half way through my second week and feel really low.

I'm drinking plenty (same as last week) but since my weigh in I haven't lost an ounce!

It's not a TOTM thing, tablets sort that (sorry boys).

I know that weight loss varies from week to week and I wasn't expecting the 7.5lbs I had in week one.

I just don't understand how I can be living on 500 cal / day, drinking 3ish litres of water plus coffee and my weight not have moved at all.

It's really upsetting me, I'm having a bit of a wobble and for the first time since I started I'm thinking "ah what's the point, I may as well eat".

I don't know what I am doing wrong......

HELP! :cry:

DONT EAT ! I had exactly the same issue last week. My weigh in, is on a sunday, and by the wednesday after I hadnt lost even a teeny bit. I was in exactly the same mindset. I called my counsellor in a panic. And she reasurred me. Right now our bodies are going through a huge thing. It may not be your time of the month, but sometimes out bodies will just want to hold on to water for a few days. From the wednesday until yesterday I lost 5lbs ! Just remember as you said. You are only taking in 500kcals a day, it is impossible for you not to loose weight. I promise it will be ok. Just stick with it and let your body sort itself out. Your doing the best thing you can by sticking with it. I know its tough, you wanna see results everyday but i bet you feel thinner. I promise the weight loss will catch up xxx

The only thing i can suggest is stop weighing yourself mid-week. Wait for your weigh-in, things can dramatically change in 2-3 days on this diet. If you hadn't weighed yourself you wouldn't have known you haven't lost anything, and wouldn't be doubting your ability to lose.

Keep going it will be worth it, and stay away from the scales x

I am going for my first weigh in tonight, and have had to force myself not to get on the scales this week - I know that they can send me off ito unwelcome behaviour and thoughts. If they are showing a loss, I am tempted to cheat a bit as I am doing well, and if they are showing a STS I think 'What the hell' and want a blow out. Forunately our new scales make a loud beep when you switch them on so if my husband hears it he runs out to stop me!

lol zg that's hilarious. I can just imagine your poor hub on scales watch ha.

I'm a daily weigher myself but i dont let the numbers bother me anymore. If i sts i know by the end of the week that will have changed, and i can feel the difference in my clothes.

My hubby is working away this week so i'm hoping he's going to notice the difference week to week as he'll only be home on sundays.

You're not doing anything wrong if you are sticking to the plan. Its also worth while mentioning that it is possible to only lose a pound one week or even stay the same. I had a couple of weeks where I only lost a pound, but then lost 6lbs the following week. TOTM can have an effect, if you've been excercising, if your muscles are holding onto water etc etc. Please stay off the scales and only get weighed at class.

The arithmetic is straight forward. If you are only taking in 500 cals, you will lose weight. My weight losses slowed down towards the end. I comforted myself with the thought that if it was coming off slowly with LL, what would it have been like on WW or SW etc??? (and I still have weight record cards to show my 'losses' when I went to those clubs. One time, I went for 6 months. I was exactly the same weight after 6 months as the day I started!!)

Stay strong...oh and it just occured to me, you may just need a poo. Sorry to drag the conversation to the gutter...

I'll try to take your advice and tay away from the scales.

I am a comfort eater and hadn't stood on a set of scales for about 5 years up until 3 weeks ago. Although I knew I had put on weight, I honestly didn't realise how heavy I had become.

I understand your point, since the start of LLT I have been weighing myself more or less daily. Seeing the decreasing numbers has given me the kick to carry on each day.

The fact over the past few days I have STS did lead me to thinking about the pleasure I get out of eating.

Then I thought I must be doing something wrong. £72 a week is alot of money to waste if I was making a silly mistake. I thought I may have been drinking too much water.....

Thanks for all the replies, I'll chalk this one up to experience and try to accept that it just happens and that if I stick to it the scales will read lower on Sat morning.

Maybe I've replaced food with the visual 'well done' of seen the scales reading lighter each morning at home.

I need a distraction! x

In my second week I only lost 1 lb. Luckily I was noticing positive changes in my sugar levels (I have type 2 diabetes) so it didn't upset me. I've been on the programme for 6 months now and have lost 6 stone 9 lbs. Take the large losses with the small ones and don't let the small ones put you off. One week I even gained 1 lb! Take them all as they come and look at your rate over the last 4 weeks if you have to look at the rate at all.

Good luck with your journey!

Back