What am i doing wrong?

Kirstie007

Hello I'm new to slim n save - can u help?

I've been doing lighter life for a while and lost 3st. I love vlcd diets they are the only thing that works for me having tried every option there is but my problem is I only like 1 flavour and then like is quite an overstatement tolerate would be better!

I reached a point where I can't face the thought of another banana shake! I keep eating and coming out of ketosis so i decided to try slim n save - oh my! The meal packs and bars are amazing!!!!

My problem is this I've stuck to the diet for 4 days and am not in ketosis yet usually It only takes 2 days, I'm drinking 3-4ltrs of water a day, my weight loss has stalled ive not lost anything these past 2 days and I'm panicking a bit to tell you the truth. I want to loose 10lb in 2 weeks and I'm already 4 days in and I've only lost 1lb!

I'm loving the bolognese and chilli i have 2 packs of each a day. Is this too much? I noticed there is slightly more carbs than protein in these packs. Should I limit myself and have a shake or soup instead?

Any thoughts/comments gratefully received!
Kirstie xx

Well, this is my first VLCD so I don't know about comparing ketosis times but I know people get there at different rates- I think I took over a week! But not sure, I can't even tell if I'm in ketosis not nearly 6 weeks in!

I'm on lighterlife but I substitute some SnS packs in because they're much nicer! No problem with the packs you are having or the number. You'll be in ketosis within the next day or two. Don't put so much pressure on yourself! It will happen and then you'll have great losses. If you can step away from the scales! Try just weighing once a week as it sounds like you are getting stressed by the daily weigh.

Scales can be weird..My w.day is Thursday, on Monday I got weighed and had only lost 1.5lb... but this morning it was 4.5lb, its just the way it goes sometimes, good luck.

Girls thanks for the response you were so quick!

Im glad I'm not doing anything wrong, think your right Weasy I have become a bit obsessed with the scales and ketostix tbh! I'm gonna try my hardest to resist.

It might have taken a long time to put the weight on but it was an enjoyable time and that made the time flyby getting it back off is a very different story I feel every minute! I need to think long term which I can do now I like my food packs. I will get there just need to try and not think about it time will pass in its own time.

Thanks again x

Back