What an awful night!

BlackRose

Gold Member
We have had take away deliveries and taxis sent to our house all evening from about 10pm-ish. That we haven't ordered! I am exhausted!

About 20 different cars pulled up and OH had to explain to these people (who are trying to earn a living!) that its just some stupid stupid idiots idea of a joke.

OH thinks we've just been unlucky enough for some juvenile prat to randomly pick our address -but I cant help but feel that it may be someone who knows us and that this is all some elaborate fat joke.

I maybe shouldn't be so paranoid but the fact that I even feel this way about it has made me so determined to lose this weight. That way if we're ever randomly selcted for another bombardment of deliveries I wont have to take it so personally. I feel so sick! I could actually throw up. Just thinking of all these different places being given my address either randomly or as part of someone's malicious merriment is utterly sickening. People dont know what they're doing when they do this.

I worked in a chinese take away for 4 years and I know this is so so common so I do feel like my reaction is an over reaction. But there ya have it.

I need to lose my excess weight and work on my confidence so that any incidents like this will just wash over me as tonights should have.:sigh:

Rant over!

Goodnight all. Happy Sunday and goodluck!!!!!!

We have had take away deliveries and taxis sent to our house all evening from about 10pm-ish. That we haven't ordered! I am exhausted!

About 20 different cars pulled up and OH had to explain to these people (who are trying to earn a living!) that its just some stupid stupid idiots idea of a joke.

OH thinks we've just been unlucky enough for some juvenile prat to randomly pick our address -but I cant help but feel that it may be someone who knows us and that this is all some elaborate fat joke.

I maybe shouldn't be so paranoid but the fact that I even feel this way about it has made me so determined to lose this weight. That way if we're ever randomly selcted for another bombardment of deliveries I wont have to take it so personally. I feel so sick! I could actually throw up. Just thinking of all these different places being given my address either randomly or as part of someone's malicious merriment is utterly sickening. People dont know what they're doing when they do this.

I worked in a chinese take away for 4 years and I know this is so so common so I do feel like my reaction is an over reaction. But there ya have it.

I need to lose my excess weight and work on my confidence so that any incidents like this will just wash over me as tonights should have.:sigh:

Rant over!

Goodnight all. Happy Sunday and goodluck!!!!!!

Hi Hun, my first thought is why do you think that all this is aimed at you, your not the only person to live in the house, your OH for one is there, it could be anything at all, or nothing at all, granted its not normal and yes i'd say some little (or big) f++k+r has something to do with the play acting, but I wish you hadn't immediately put the blame on yourself.

Who know why people play games, and guess what I'm not even gonna try to understand it, but I do want you to try to stop thinking its all about you, it could be anything at all, there is at least one other person in your house, as your OH cleverly pointed out, its some eejit playing games, hopefully these companies do take the effort to get a contact number, if your contact number was given out, then yep it is someone you (both) might know, but if it wasn't, then it is random, but please stop automatically putting it down to your extra pounds.

Sorry if this is turning into a rant, but whomever the assholes are, why should you take the blame, you didn't dial the numbers :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

You're right of course. Its just an automatic thing. The good thing is they phoned my old workplace who phoned me to double check. They gave a false phone number.

I've put it behind me -I was just a bit emotional last night :(

Thanks ppl! :D

something simular happened to me a few months ago, i got a phone call asking where i lived??? It had to be someone i no cos i dont give out my home phone number and they rang me on my home phone. and its exdirectory! after i explained i had not ordered anything i sat down and 5 mins later there was a knock at the door, it was a guy holding out an indian and said that £20.50 please, i looked confused and just explained that i had not ordered anything and told him about the chinese man i had just had on the phone. He appologised and wished me a good evening. i never got anymore than night. I dont no who it was who has my phone number cos i dont give it to anyone not even friends or family, the only reason i have the phone is for the sky and internet. I didnt worry to much about it.

Yeah, we've had hoax deliveries before, just not about 20 of them! lol

I totally agree with lily, chick, dont put the blame on yourself, it could be somebodys idea of a sick joke and mindless games. I can understand where ya are coming from but to be honest it sounds like somebody knows ya otherwise it would have stopped at 4 or 5 but now 20 but most of these places always asks for a number so it may be best to check with them what number was given. I can understand it was very frustrating on yourself and OH but not your fault and stop blaming it on yourself and weight!!

Some idiot with a cr*p sense of humour, don't take it to heart! :hug99:

also......Oh my god....all the lovely wasted food!!! :cry:

Back