What are u looking forward to?

Oooh LittleSis,

how come you spend your life in jodhpurs? I am so jealous, I haven't ridden a horse for years - can't afford it- but it's sooo much fun! Glos must be a wonderful place to ride. I'm just across the border in West Oxon, and I take my roadbike around the hills and forests, but I always think it would be so much nicer on a horse :)

SL x

PS: I am looking forward to not having a roll of flab above my waistband!

Dresses! I can't wait. I've forgotten how to shop.

I'm looking forward to thinking like a slim person, not just looking like one. I'm looking forward to not assuming I am the biggest person in the room and being surprised to find I'm one of the slimmest. To be able to see the difference in my body and be proud of it. To believe compliments. To maintain my weight loss without having to think about it. To be able to bring a child into the world and have them view their body with love not despair and have the healthy relationship with food that I have struggled all my life to find.

I look forward to being comfortable with who I am inside and out.

I just wanted to be at a point where my boobs stuck out further than my belly ;) which I've achieved!! An it really makes a difference to what clothes I can buy :) I don't look pregnant anymore!!! Woooooo!!!

Then I wanted a healthy BMI which I've also achieved and can happily rub it in my GP's face ;) so next time I have a wee health issue he can't just blame it on the chubb. Poor man will actually have to work for his pay!!!

Not sure what I'm looking forwards to now? Squeezing my not so chunky butt into a size 12 would be nice tho!!!! (I'm tall lol I seem to have been born a 14!!!)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Another thing... Being able to wear high heels more comfortably. Currently there's just way too much pressure on the ball of my foot.

CatherineBee said:
I'm looking forward to more 'wow is that really you' reactions when peoplewho haven't seen me in ages bump into me. Such a boost!

Love that! Can't wait til I've lost enough weight for everyone to start noticing!

Snakes and Ladders.. At the age of 32 I finally got my own horse and then only because the Stud I used to work on was closing down and they all but gave her to me :D I look after someone else's horse in exchange for her keep!

Legomom... So with you on the boobs and belly thing.. Almost there but I do at least go in under my boobs now :) Sadly I'm a typical apple shape so my belly is the last place to go :(

LittleSis said:
Snakes and Ladders.. At the age of 32 I finally got my own horse and then only because the Stud I used to work on was closing down and they all but gave her to me :D I look after someone else's horse in exchange for her keep!

Legomom... So with you on the boobs and belly thing.. Almost there but I do at least go in under my boobs now :) Sadly I'm a typical apple shape so my belly is the last place to go :(

Mine was too lol bit eventually there's nothing left to lose anywhere else and it does start shrinking!!!

I'm looking forward to buying clothes from front of the rail without searching at the back for the big sizes lol x

Im looking forward to when people start asking "Are u losing weight?" And being able to answer yes.

I'm looking forward to not having to force myself out of the door because I hate people noticing how big I've become. I'm looking forward to the clothes! I am such a shopping addict when I'm a normal weight! I avoid clothes shops like the plague now. There's so much I'm looking forward to - weight loss changes my life. Makes me wonder how on earth I let myself gain so much.

Simple things for me:

I'd love to be able to go out with the camera and get to locations regardless of how difficult the terrain is.

Play footie with my wee nephew.

Perhaps try and strike up a relationship.

I cant wait to lose my tummy and wear the clothes I love that I just dont think suit me, I cant wait for it to help improve my general health

Last edited:
I want to be able to wear the wardrobe full of clothes that no longer fit........to sit in an aircraft seat without panicking if the seatbelt will fit.......

Just too many things to mention!

I know what you mean about the aircraft seat. I've my hols booked for November and before i decided to take the plunge and lose weight I was a bit scared about the seatbelt not fitting.

I would love to be able to get into a pair of wellies! As daft as it sounds i can not for the life of me, fit into a pair of wellies. My step dad works on a diary farm, and every time i visit him and my mum, i go and see the cows, and last week was fortunate enough to see a calfing, however i had to wear my trainers, and practically ruined them. So wearing wellies would make my life much easier. I went to primark and they wouldnt go up my legs, but im a size 14-16 , why wont they go over them :(

im nodding and agreeing over all these 'cant wait to do' but when you mentioned these things to other people do they give you wierd looks and just say, oook :s . When i started losing weight i wrote a list of what i wanted to achieved and then updated it, now when i tell some people what i want to acheive they look at me like im some wierdo, and even now i get excited about doing things like being able to go into more then one shop and find a dress and i got excited when i was able to wear one, and look good, but many people take it for granted.

I can't wait to be able to fit into a pair of Topshop jeans. Their size 16 is about 4" smaller than a size 16 anywhere else! I can't wait to be certain that I'll fit into clothes from shops that only sell up to a size 16. I try everything on anyway and have never let my size restrict what I want to wear but to be confident that everything, even tailoring with no stretch in it, will fit will be amazing!

I'd love to be able to walk into a designer store and know that their stuff will fit me, even if I can't afford it!

I can't wait til the day that I'm not filled with horror at jeans that are sized in waist measurements rather than 12,14, 16 etc! :D

Even at goal weight I don't know if I'll be able to fit into a pair of Diesel jeans though - I know a few slim but tall women who can't :(.

Ooo, I'm also looking forward to the point where people begin to notice I've lost weight. I usually hover between 15-16 and a half stone so I've been this weight before. Another stone off and I'll be lighter than I've ever been and hopefully someone will notice I've lost weight! :D

Back