• Cycling

Votes: 11 25.6%
  • Jogging

Votes: 7 16.3%
  • Other - tell us below.

Votes: 8 18.6%

• Total voters
Other.
im part of a team that plays a sport called camogie. its an irish sport and is the female version of hurling. (thats hurling, not curling!) training for it is very intensive, a lot of jogging (bout a mile and a half every session, to warm up) then lots of drills and more running. its the fastest ball game in the world so u need to be fit and quick and last year i was neither! this year i hope to be more of an impact and on the field more than im on the bench!

Wow! Camogie - class -you're gonna be superfit! SOme of those girls ar like big gorgeous amazons - Id love to be able to play a team sport(have never been able to -too afraid of gettin hit! lol)

I'm walkin to and from places as much as possible now, and I've started having a wee crazy dance session at home. It sounds a bit wick I know but I get the kids up and we all fall down sweating and laughin so its good. I'm joing a boxing training class on the 28th jan and joining 'Curves' this week so I'm really trying to incorpprate exercise into my new lifestyle. Its not just about being skinny.

Good luck. :)

sorry! I dont know how I did that double post thing!

hey blackrose, i used to work at Curves, let me know if u have any questions about it! its def a good program, that does work as long as u stick to it!

Playing on the WII!!!! I can't believe just how hot and sweaty you can be - obviously playing Sports games, rather than just sat on my backside. Last night played over and hour and a half playing tennis, and i was a right sweaty betty when I finished, red face too. From walking the dog to doing that is a good improvement I think!

Thinking of taking dance mat classes too - but not sure yet!

I have been exercising at home with my personal trainer. When he's not around he has set me walking targets to achieve on a daily basis. The weight is really coming off!

I have been exercising at home with my personal trainer. When he's not around he has set me walking targets to achieve on a daily basis. The weight is really coming off!

Hi gina_todd,

Well done on getting fit and losing weight!!!

We have a little group just started and we are always looking for others to join in.

Here is the link.

http://www.minimins.com/fitness-exercise/28518-get-fit-step-out-2008-a-12.html

Just post your distance or steps for the day.

Look forward to seeing you.

Love Mini xxx

Other.
im part of a team that plays a sport called camogie. its an irish sport and is the female version of hurling. (thats hurling, not curling!) training for it is very intensive, a lot of jogging (bout a mile and a half every session, to warm up) then lots of drills and more running. its the fastest ball game in the world so u need to be fit and quick and last year i was neither! this year i hope to be more of an impact and on the field more than im on the bench!

Ah, my dad used to play hurling when he was a lad in Eire. My son went to ireland with them this year and watched Kilkenny in action.

1. Trying to average 10,000 steps per day.

2. Trying to do three sessions of cardio of at least 50 minutes.

3. An additional two sessions of Body Pump if I can be bothered

grrrr yo-yo, a kilkenny team beat my OH's team last weekend!!:mad:

That's cos they is good (I believe) LOL!!! Which is your other half's team?

In my quest I have done and do

jogging (but i am no runner so this isnt really a viable option for me)
walking
boot camp
6.6lb weights, then went up to 15lb weights
swimming (started today)
dancing with my mp3 on and wearing myself out
old school exercises
tried salsa (rubbish at it)
hoping to join a gym
my husbands gym (but it's dismantled right now)
star jumps infront of the mirror to see my belly go up and down - that is motivation!
take the stairs and not the escalutor
jogging on the spot and around my kitchen

Walking
exercise bike
kickboxing
weightlifting with 2 ten pounders
tap dancing
snow-shoeing
competitive volleyball league weekly

Now doing at least 30 crunches a day and some arm exercises with the dumb-bells.

Going back to the gym asap - am actually looking forward to it!

Quietly killing myself it would appear.... otherwise known as Davina Power of 3!

Gx

I'm walking, doing some exercises at home and Yoga, which is helping me a lot. I fell more flexible and relaxed.....

Back