What are you looking forward to?

DizzyDora

I have lots to lose...unsure how much as i refuse to look at the scales. So far i'm at 1 stone 11.5 which has taken me since just before Christmas. Since i don't measure my goals in figures, i tend to do it in other ways, such as clothes sizes etc. I'm currently wearing trousers which are hanging off me and look like a bag lady, but strangely they make me feel good. I'm so looking forward to:

- not having a seat belt extender
- shopping in Monsoon
- having a choice of shops to shop at
- not dreading flimsy garden furniture at friends houses
- hiring nice fancy dress outfits
- going camping and using camping chairs
- having plenty of bum space in the theatre
- shopping trips with skinny friends
- hubby being able to buy me underwear
- feeling comortable eating in public
- wearing standard size necklaces and bracelets
- buying shoes that aren't EEE
- Being able to easily climb into the back of a 3 door car
- go karting (weight restriction is 16 stone)

Theres loads more....but what are you looking forward to most when you lose some weight?

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

These are some great non figure goals. Another one is not checking various things exercise equipment, chairs etc for weight limits.

Looking at the scales is daunting when you are big! :sigh: I personally would just rather face how big I am and deal with it.

I was only able to get clothes from Evans online (we don't have a store near me either). New Look near me recently added a plus size section but it is only very small. I think it will be nice to be able to go around the high streets and shop properly, looking through sale racks and not feeling disappointed because they NEVER have anything in my size. Also be able to wear boots that come up my legs as well!

I know what you mean about checking the weight limits on exercise equipment.
drives me mad that a lot of the weight limits are about 15 stone :mad:

Im looking forward to clothes shopping, I went into New look the other day and just thought. I love to be able to shop in here and know theyd have something to fit me.

Also we go to theme parks a lot on holiday, Id love to go on the rides without worrying if id fit into the seats.

I am definitely looking forward to the shopping. Been looking for clothes for an interview all day today and trousers weren't a problem (now) I actually had a couple of shops to pick from, not River Island or anywhere like that yet...but I had a bit more choice than Evans. Tops however are a big problem especially shirts. I CANNOT wait to be able to go into any shop and pick any shirt. I agree about the underwear, infact being able to by a bra anywhere will be an absolute god send.

I have avoided going on any rides in Theme parks. Last summer holidays had to go on a ride with my 4 yr old, luckily the bar fitted but I discreetly asked the man before the ride closed if the bar would be ok and I wont even mention trying to hoist myself out of the little boat thing, nearly making my daughter fall out the other side :rolleyes: . I will go on the biggest, smallest seated roller coaster when I get slimmer.

I might finally learn how to drive once I feel a comfortable size to fit behind the wheel :)

There are a few things I am looking forward to;

*Being able to go swimming without grabbing a towel the second I come out the water
*Running without feeling like my chest is about to explode
*Being able to try clothes on in any shop I choose & then having a Pretty Woman moment & walking out!
*Finally not hating what I see in the mirror
*Feeling like the old me again!

Theres lots im looking forward to but what i most look forward to is living. I spend way too much time hiding away at home embarrassed, ashamed, horrified at my size. I cant wait to enjoy life in a healthy body. :)

Back