What are you most looking forward to?

For me, being able to go into a shop and pick what I like then check to see if they do it in my size. NOT, look for my size and then see if I like the item.

I want to look at photos and think "that's not bad". Especially next year's wedding pics.

I am looking forward to going on a spending spree promised myself once at Target going to treat myself to a load of new clothes :) and hopefully in size 10s and 12s :)
Only 4lb to go!! although not sure I will have the money that quick so may have to wait a few weeks :(
oh and this winter looking forward to buying some boots that actaully fit my calves usually I cant do the zip up! then there is wearing sexy undies again without thinking I look ridiculous!

oooohh the 1st one to spring to mind is:-

hubby coming home and saying -we are going to XYZ -and me dashing upstairs to get changed... NOT needing 2 weeks notice so i can try on all my clothes -only to find nothing fits or looks right..throwing it off in a huff and stomping off to find something new -only to stomp back because "nothing I like Bleepin well comes in my size" ....
and there are many more things too ...many already mentioned on here...
We are all on our way folks...we WILL get there..

I've found after years of dieting and falling off the wagon, putting weight back on, feeling awful about myself, having no self esteem, that a lot of the things you 'want' to do once you reach target, you 'should' be doing now, because doing them when you're 'big' isn't half as scary or bad as you think and instead of making you feel worse about yourself, challenging your own self perception and doing these 'scary' things on a regular basis actually makes you feel better about yourself, increases your positive self image and makes losing the weight and seeing yourself as a 'thin' person a lot easier.
Listen to me, i sound like Paul McKenna!! lol

For instance there were things on my old list such as
*join a gym
*go swimming
*go to social occasions/parties instead of making excuses because i feel too self conscious now

But last year - before i fell pregnant i decided that doing what i'd always done and wishing away my life was getting me no-where. I wasn't losing the weight, i felt awful about myself and i had a long list of things i was 'going to do' when i'd lost the weight which never seemed to get any closer.......so........
I joined a gym - scary? YES! The first time i went i was soooooo nervous i was nearly in tears, but the more i went the easier it got and it made me feel better about myself because i was doing what 'I' wanted. I NEVER thought i'd be confident enough to get on a treadmill, let alone in front of other people! I NEVER thought i'd be able to get through a step class, being the biggest one there, being bright red and sweating in front of size 10's! Yes some days i got those looks - the 'oh, look, poor fat girl is trying to lose some weight' looks, but the more i went the less i cared!
Same with swimming. I hated the thought of being in a huge, tent sized swimming cozzy - but i bought one, i went to an aqua class and as much as yes the first few times i went i felt self conscious, the more i went the less i cared about what people thought or didn't think. I was doing something I wanted for a change and not letting my weight or appearance dictate how i should or shouldn't feel made me feel awsome! I started feeling more and more confident and whereas i used to have panic attacks at the mere thought of social occasions - i went, i dealt with it and it made the next time easier. I no longer have panic attacks!!! :)
So PLEASE girls, as much as there are some things on your lists that you can't do until you've lost weight (i know all about the going on rides at themeparks and wondering if you're going to fit - i went on something with my daughter and the bar got wedged under my stomach!!! :eek:) there are so many things that you CAN and SHOULD be doing now!!! You may feel sick at the thought of doing them 'before' the weight comes off, but the more you jump in with both feet the easier it gets! :D

I've found after years of dieting and falling off the wagon, putting weight back on, feeling awful about myself, having no self esteem, that a lot of the things you 'want' to do once you reach target, you 'should' be doing now, because doing them when you're 'big' isn't half as scary or bad as you think and instead of making you feel worse about yourself, challenging your own self perception and doing these 'scary' things on a regular basis actually makes you feel better about yourself, increases your positive self image and makes losing the weight and seeing yourself as a 'thin' person a lot easier.

*join a gym
*go swimming
*go to social occasions/parties instead of making excuses because i feel too self conscious now

But last year - before i fell pregnant i decided that doing what i'd always done and wishing away my life was getting me no-where. I wasn't losing the weight, i felt awful about myself and i had a long list of things i was 'going to do' when i'd lost the weight which never seemed to get any closer.......so........
I joined a gym - scary? YES! The first time i went i was soooooo nervous i was nearly in tears, but the more i went the easier it got and it made me feel better about myself because i was doing what 'I' wanted. I NEVER thought i'd be confident enough to get on a treadmill, let alone in front of other people! I NEVER thought i'd be able to get through a step class, being the biggest one there, being bright red and sweating in front of size 10's! Yes some days i got those looks - the 'oh, look, poor fat girl is trying to lose some weight' looks, but the more i went the less i cared!
Same with swimming. I hated the thought of being in a huge, tent sized swimming cozzy - but i bought one, i went to an aqua class and as much as yes the first few times i went i felt self conscious, the more i went the less i cared about what people thought or didn't think. I was doing something I wanted for a change and not letting my weight or appearance dictate how i should or shouldn't feel made me feel awsome! I started feeling more and more confident and whereas i used to have panic attacks at the mere thought of social occasions - i went, i dealt with it and it made the next time easier. I no longer have panic attacks!!! :)
So PLEASE girls, as much as there are some things on your lists that you can't do until you've lost weight (i know all about the going on rides at themeparks and wondering if you're going to fit - i went on something with my daughter and the bar got wedged under my stomach!!! :eek:) there are so many things that you CAN and SHOULD be doing now!!! You may feel sick at the thought of doing them 'before' the weight comes off, but the more you jump in with both feet the easier it gets! :D

I second this!!

(not that im saying i do everything i wanted to "get thin" to do (i am not that brave:eek:) but im trying! :p

I do agree that if there is something that you want to do and feel comfortable with doing then you should go for it. But if anyone out there is like me I am deeply uncomfortable doing certain things. Other things that I want are just not possible at the weight I am.

I want to have a baby for example, yes I would love to go and do that now. Is it possible? No not at the moment its not. In a way it spurs me on having things to look forward to :)

I want to have a baby for example, yes I would love to go and do that now. Is it possible? No not at the moment its not. In a way it spurs me on having things to look forward to :)

Hey hun, is there any reason aside from your weight why you can't have a baby now? I know they say that its hard to fall pregnant when you're big and that its more risky etc etc, but i weighed 243lbs when we started trying for Oliver - i fell pregnant almost straight away and had a lovely pregnancy. xx

I am hoping its just the weight thats stopping me getting pregnant.
Fingers crossed once I have lost a (fair) bit it will happen.
I know peple that have managed it but for me it just ain't happening. I know I can have kids as I have a 12 year old daughter but the longing is there for another....

fitting in rather than standing out for all the wrong reasons,
wearing clothes "well" rather than having them appear strained on my very large frame,
being able to go walking in the evenings without being called fat names by all the little boy racers,
wearing those very expensive boots I nagged by lovely hubby into buying,
having much smaller boobs.

I am hoping its just the weight thats stopping me getting pregnant.
Fingers crossed once I have lost a (fair) bit it will happen.
I know peple that have managed it but for me it just ain't happening. I know I can have kids as I have a 12 year old daughter but the longing is there for another....

Oh bless ya hun. I'm sure it'll happen when your body is ready. (((HUGS)))

I'm looking forward to my 'love handles' disappearing, being more flexible in my body, and not having to choose the largest size clothes in Next...

We can do it!

ZXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Oh - one thing i'm looking forward to is being able to wear my engagement and wedding ring again - my fingers are simply too podgy right now!!

Im looking forward to:

getting to my target, then falling for the man of my dreams having a great life with my new man and girls then to see the look on my ex husbands face when he see's how good i look and happy my life is without him lol!!!!!

Hope he's happy with that woman he left me for while i was pregnant with my youngest, and there bubble has burst out of there relationship he he he!!!!

Buying a nice pretty bra that doesnt cost the earth and being able to wear strappy vest tops with out big thick bra straps showing and this hopefully will also help my bad back, when I catch myself in the mirror or a window i look like im walking with a hunch :cry:

I hate shopping for bras i have to go to bravisimo where they still dont fit me correctly and cost a fortune and look like steel girders are holding everything up (i do rename them over the shoulder boulder holders). I can't wait to go and be able to pick up a set of underwear for £20 and not spend double that on 1 bra.

I am looking forward to being confident enough to get a job without worrying if I they will have a uniform in my size or not!

Buying a nice pretty bra that doesnt cost the earth and being able to wear strappy vest tops with out big thick bra straps showing and this hopefully will also help my bad back, when I catch myself in the mirror or a window i look like im walking with a hunch :cry:

I hate shopping for bras i have to go to bravisimo where they still dont fit me correctly and cost a fortune and look like steel girders are holding everything up (i do rename them over the shoulder boulder holders). I can't wait to go and be able to pick up a set of underwear for £20 and not spend double that on 1 bra.

Oh yes the cost of big bras. I bought one a few months back from Rigby & Peller, a 38I and it cost £70. Its great and they do last forever but would like to have more choice at a better price.

That said, I bought a strapless bra in Debenhams this week in a 36H and it cost me £16. Baragin. And it stayed up all day yesterday! I wasn't aware of their 'Gorgeous' range but am now.

For me, the thing I am most looking forward to is walking into somewhere like Coast and knowing something beautiful will fit. I can now fit into a Coast 18 but would like to ideally be a 14/16.

I am looking forward to......

I am looking forward to doing so many things. I am 29 now and have been large my whole adult life. I cant actually remember a time when I have ever been smaller than a 16-18 and even that was when I was in school. These are a few of my targets

Being able to walk into practically any shop and knowing that I will be able to fit into something and look good.

Being able to wear knee high boots and high heels with confidence. I have very large ankles and my feet are always swollen so I rarely wear sandals either. I would love to be able to strut around in a pair of classy stiletto's or a pair of gorgeous sandals with an ankle bracelet.

To only take up one seat on a bus. People always sit next to me as a last option on a busy bus.

To feel confident enough to go to a theme park. The last time I went to Alton towers i was only a size 20 and had a very embarrassing moment where they couldn't get the harness shut on the ride called AIR? they squeezed me in and it was so tight i spent the whole ride panicking i was going to fall out!!!!!!

To find a nice boyfriend. My dating record is terrible because I would always go out with men who, without sounding terrible, i only went out with because i didn't think o could do any better. I just ended up making myself more unhappy and hating men! I know we all hate it but the sad truth is that most men (i know there are a few good ones out there :)) want a girlfriend who can wear dresses and look good in underwear!!!

I want to be able to ear and little black dress for the first time in my life!

I want to live a life that is not controlled by my weight. It affects almost everything I do and dictates the decisions I make everyday.

Well thats only the start!!!! but iut gives you an idea of what achieving this is going to do for me and my confidence!

I just want to say good luck to everyone struggling with the same issues and congratulate you all on making every effort to become the person you want to be! good luck and lots of love and best wishes xxx

*join a gym
*go swimming

Seem to have lost my "thank this person" button, so here's a BIG THANKS from me. What an inspiration this lady is.

Lots of love, Caramelle X X X

Back