What are you reading?

Sappho

I am just on my way to bed to do a bit of reading and it made me wonder what books everyone else has on the bedside table (keep it clean lol). At the moment I am reading;

Jilly Cooper Rivals (for about the millionth time!)
Why can't I stop eating by Debbie Danowski
& Enid Blytons Biography

Depending on my mood but definitely Jilly tonight.

I'm really into true-life crime novels... just recently read the story of Fred and Rosemary West. I've also read the Richard Hammond biography... interesting book as my own husband suffered a frontal lobe injury (the same as Richard) 10 years ago in a car accident so I could relate to what he was saying about his time recovering :)

I am just about to start a new book.
I got 2 for Christmas from DH, so now I need to choose between the biographies of Gordon Ramsay or Peter Kay. After watching Peter on tv last night I think it might have to be that one.

I'm reading russel brands autobiography which is fascinating a it follows him into how he grew into his drug addiction and self destruct mode but also focuses on his experiences through rehab. Thoroughly fascinating!!

I've just finished Russell's book - I really enjoyed it, very honest and gave some great insights.

Currently reading Moab is my Washpot by Stephen Fry - been reading this for weeks but keep reading others at the same time and also reading Bright Lights and Promises by Pauline McLynn (out of Father Ted and Jam and Jerusalem).

I am just about to start a new book.
I got 2 for Christmas from DH, so now I need to choose between the biographies of Gordon Ramsay or Peter Kay. After watching Peter on tv last night I think it might have to be that one.

Ali
I have read that. I would love to know what you think after you have read it!
xx

I'm reading The Time Traveller's Wife - excellent romantic read.

I'm also reading 'The Hungry Years: Confessions of a Food Addict' by William Leith. It's a very well-written account of food addiction from a male perspective, which is giving me enormous insight into the differences and similarities between men and women who have food issues - it's actually very entertaining, not preachy or touchy-feely at all.

I'm reading russel brands autobiography which is fascinating a it follows him into how he grew into his drug addiction and self destruct mode but also focuses on his experiences through rehab. Thoroughly fascinating!!

Ooh, yes, SIL has that and is going to pass it on when she has finished, I love Russell he cracks me up.

Ali
I have read that. I would love to know what you think after you have read it!
xx
Will do, I also love Peter Kay, did you see him on C4 last night?

Reading

I am just on my way to bed to do a bit of reading and it made me wonder what books everyone else has on the bedside table (keep it clean lol).

Hi,

have you read "time traveller's wife" yet? bit heavy to get into but after a while i loved it. now i'm reading "ps i love you". good too.

I started reading PS I love you but just couldnt get into it. Liked the film though (I ordered a brochure for Irish holidays after I watched it!).

I havent read The Time Travellers Wife, but I think I will give it a go, I am an old romantic!

I read PS I Love You a couple of years ago and have vague recollections about it - not seen the film though.

Read The Time Travellers Wife and I did love it, pure romance :)

memory keepers daughter .............. it was good

I am reading a book called 'Turning Angel'... it's very good....!!!

I have also just bought 2 new books from Tesco (£4 each or 2 for £7).... one is called....

Sins of the Father by Kitty Neale.... sounds good
If I am missing or dea.... by Janine Latus (this is a true story)

Will let you know .....

My favourite book of all time is 'The Stand' by Stephen King... WOW amazing book!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm just starting A Thousand Splendid Suns. I read The Kite Runner in January and sobbed my entire way through it. I also love The Stand. I read it again every two or three years and always enjoy every word. In between readings I use it as a doorstop, so it's useful in so many ways!

Finished Sweeney Todd not long ago, then saw the film, which is pretty much nothing like the book...well, similar, I guess. The film was excellent, though. Can't wait to see it again! :D

Back