What are you using your Healthy Extra's for today..?

Bread is usually from Lidl, not as much choice as Asda / Tesco. Lidl only ever seem to do the 800g wm bread though, not the 400g x

Sent from my C6603 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Yep that's which I buy, but I weigh it so I get 60grms, or if its not much more I'll syn the extra, bread really isn't that high in syns, just 1 syn for 10grms. x

I thought as your HEb you just choose either 1 x 800g or 2 x 400g slices, w/out having to weigh it? The books or membership don't mention anything about weighing?? :( I'm really confused now

Sent from my C6603 using MiniMins.com mobile app

The book also says "60g any wholemeal bread" under the hexB section. So you can buy an 800g loaf and weigh out 60g. It's usually 2 slices of a medium, own brand loaf, maybe minus 1 crust. Or as the other poster said you just add a syn.

The 1 or 2 slices option is just for ease and 'on the go' type thinking. But if you can be bothered to weigh there are usually other options - just like HexA cheese, 35g cheddar or however minibabybel it is - one is just for ease.

Green

HExA:
350ml skimmed milk
HExA: 30g Red Leicester

HExB: 2 x Weetabix
HExB: 1 x chocolate orange HiFi

I had a slice of Wholemeal from an 800g loaf and semi skimmed milk....coffee with sweetner beans and toast and a banana...can't beat it

EE

A- laughing cow lighter triangles x4
B - Alpen light x2

Green

HExA:
350ml skimmed milk
HExA: 5 x Laughing Cow Light cheese triangles

HExB: 4 x Ryvita original

Red

HExA:
350ml skimmed milk

HExB: 1 x chocolate orange HiFi

Success Express

HExA:
350ml skimmed milk
HExB: 2 slices of wholemeal bread

Success Express

HExA:
350ml skimmed milk
HExB: 2 slices of wholemeal bread

You get two lots of HEx's on SE, you know? :)

Thanks for the advice lovely! :D Do you still get 2 if you are doing a SE day but basing it on EE rather than red or green? x

Try not to think of it as being EE, Red or Green. Because it's not. It's Success Express - which is a seperate plan entirely.

To try and put it into lamemns, Success Express is that is basically Extra Easy but with two thirds of your plate being SuperFree, rather than just one third. Anything which is Free on Extra Easy is also Free on Success Express.

You are allowed two lots Healthy Extras on Success Express. You can chose either one or two from the A list (depending on how many you want), and two from the B list.

And finally, the only time you need to look at Red / Green days is when calculating a Syn value, as you must use the highest value. For example, if a sausage is 5 Syns on Red but is 10 Syns on Green, you have to count the 10 Syns.

Hope this makes sense! x

Try not to think of it as being EE, Red or Green. Because it's not. It's Success Express - which is a seperate plan entirely. To try and put it into lamemns, Success Express is that is basically Extra Easy but with two thirds of your plate being SuperFree, rather than just one third. Anything which is Free on Extra Easy is also Free on Success Express. You are allowed two lots Healthy Extras on Success Express. You can chose either one or two from the A list (depending on how many you want), and two from the B list. And finally, the only time you need to look at Red / Green days is when calculating a Syn value, as you must use the highest value. For example, if a sausage is 5 Syns on Red but is 10 Syns on Green, you have to count the 10 Syns. Hope this makes sense! x

That's brilliant! Thank you so much for clearing that up for me, Stevie. I can't believe I spent all week missing out... I can't wait for my second HExB this afternoon. The Special K Chewy Delights are calling me already...

Thank you x

Can anybody tell me why some cheese on the green plan is an A choice and some a B choice?? I quite often want to use the B choice cheese even when I've already used bread etc for my B. Would it affect my losses??

Back