What are your favourite and least favourite foods?

fillymum

synful soul
My favourite food and the one I miss the most now is cheese, cheese in any form. I just love it. For me it is the perfect food.

My least favourite food and one I am glad I only cook once a year is sprouts, a Christmas day must. Equal first in the dislike stakes is tripe, errrrrrr the thought of it makes me shudder.

Sue xx

Mmmm my favourite food (and it's making my mouth water just thinking about it) is chicken tikka masala from my local takeaway. I would usually order it with onion baji, chips and garlic naan! I was looking at the new curry cookbook in the class this week and thought it looked really good - might invest in it as it's under a fiver.

My least favourite food would be Brussel sprouts -eerrgghh! x

But you can have cheese! That's the beauty of SW. Not as much as you want, but it's a healthy extra.
Brussel sprouts shredded finely and stir fried with bacon is gorgeous! They don't have to be boiled.

Fave food?Fillet steak medium to rare.
Least favourite? parsnips.

One of my favourite foods are Jacket potato as you can add lots of syn free fillings to them. i've just started doing SW and i am doing extra easy which i find is a lot more flexible than red or green.

My least favourite foods are raw tomato and sprouts yuk!!!

favourite is my tikka masla and rice from takeaway - but i use flxi syns every fortnight and treat myself as i dont like naan bread or anything and dont have full portion to myself i share with my partner.. :)

least favourite is - celery and tomato's :(

Indonesian food is my favourite, here in Holland they always have a local one, a bit like the chinese in the UK.
They do a crispy roasted pork with spicy sauce (babi pangang) and sate skewers with sauce (mainly peanut with garlic, onions and chili), mmmmm.

Worst thing buttermilk, euhhgg (its quite popular here).

ooh good thread - as someone already mentioned - Cheese is not a food you should miss on SW!!! its a HE A choice, and as i dont have milk hardly ever, its something i have to have every day on SW!

My Fave foods on plan are Steak and Cheese!

Least Fave are Milk, Tuna, Pickles and Beetroot *gag*

Last edited:
My favourite thing is Chips. Love chips. SW ones cant compare. Chips and sweet and sour chicken hong kong styl, or fudge cake.

Least favourite?
Baked beans, Beef/pork, fish, eggs as they are, and anything spicy!

i like sprouts tho!

Mmmmmm, I love sprouts and eat them all year round.

My fave foods at the moment are Quark, Wholegrain Crackerbreads, Eggs and lots of summer salads and fruit......

My least fave food is Noodles of any kind (blargh) - tea, passion fruit and kiwi's.

Ditto on the Tea. Disgusting!

Favourite: Cereal, Crunchy Nut or Weetabix.

When I was doing SW I would regularly use my healthy extras on cereal and milk, and then use my syns for some more.

Least Favourite: Beer batter. Hate beer, love batter, but it completely ruins it for me, and the aftertaste.....bleeegh!

Wow, I guess the poor old sprout is coming out 50/50 in the like/ dislike stakes, but it is interesting to see how many of us dislike it.

I do eat some cheese, I choose Austrian smoked for 2 reason, I can have more of it and because we have a Dutch guy locally who just sells cheese, all of it imported from Holland and his Austrian smoked is the best I have ever tasted.

Cloggy, our best friends are Dutch and I worked for KLM when I lived in the U.K. 8 amongst other things )so feel a special affinity with all things Dutch. Our friends are coming to my husbands 50th birthday bash and as they love all things Indonesian, I think you have prompted me to do babi pangang along with the chicken tika masala and the apricot stuffed pork en croute. So thanks for that. I am sticking with S.W. and will have poached chicken.

Right off to work, have an antiques fair today so it is an early start, Have a good Sunday,

Sue.

usually i love pasta mixed with chicken and toppedwith my hex topping of cheese or savoury rice with cheese but am on holiday at the min in cyprus so am eating what i want for 2 weeks , lost 10 pound b4 i went on holiday but have prob put the majority back on! on the plus side i have kept up my body magic by climing 150 steps every morning and walking the 15 mins r so to the beach so i am thinking whatever i put back on it could be worse if i didnt exercise at all

Best food is homemade steak & kidney pie.

Worst ........ another sprout hater. Can't bear them. I do like liver though (someone else's worst food!)

Best food...hmmm...it has to be chicken, stuffed with cheese and wrapped in bacon.
Worst - easy!! I hate fish. So wish that I could eat it, but being forced to eat it as a child has put me off it for ever!!

Wow, I guess the poor old sprout is coming out 50/50 in the like/ dislike stakes, but it is interesting to see how many of us dislike it.
My dear wife and I love sprouts but the kids hate them :( it does tend to be something you either love or hate.

I do eat some cheese, I choose Austrian smoked for 2 reason, I can have more of it and because we have a Dutch guy locally who just sells cheese, all of it imported from Holland and his Austrian smoked is the best I have ever tasted.
I love Austrian smoked cheese as well, mmmm. Although I'm not wild about the "young" Dutch cheeses I do like the ripe (old) ones.

Cloggy, our best friends are Dutch and I worked for KLM when I lived in the U.K. 8 amongst other things )so feel a special affinity with all things Dutch. Our friends are coming to my husbands 50th birthday bash and as they love all things Indonesian, I think you have prompted me to do babi pangang along with the chicken tika masala and the apricot stuffed pork en croute. So thanks for that. I am sticking with S.W. and will have poached chicken.
It sounds like a great bash, my mouth is watering already. BTW with the babi pangang it is important to get the pork nice and crispy, even here there is a difference from one take away to the other.
I love indian too, I always go to a good Indian restaurant when I'm back in the UK, as most of my family come from W.Yorkshire I'm spoilt for choice.

Right off to work, have an antiques fair today so it is an early start, Have a good Sunday,

Sue.

Have a great Sunday everyone, hope business is booming Sue.

I can honestly say that I love ALL foods :eek:
Hence the fat ar$e situation......

LOVE salmon, could eat it every day! Least fave is peas and anything meaty which makes me feel sick :(
Also got a sweet tooth so lots of things in the LOVE department there but prob best not to dwell on those! lol x

Back