What can I make for dinner??

Discussion in 'Slimming World Recipes' started by bevhunter1986, 13 April 2011 Social URL.

1. bevhunter1986

bevhunter1986 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    12st4.6lb
    Current Weight:
    11st1.6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st4lb
    Lost(%):
    1st3lb(9.85%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I have the following ingredients what can I make thats free or very small syn value.

I'm pretty sick of the meat and veg lark!

I have either:

cubed beef
    chicken thigh or drumsticks
    Herbs and spices (so many I couldnt list)
    Lots of veg if needed
    tin tomatoes

I need to be creative but I don't know where to start!!

Help

Thanks
    Bev

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. furrysmudge

furrysmudge Gold Member

Start Weight:
    19st11.5lb
    Current Weight:
    19st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11.5lb(4.14%)
    Diet:
    Bouncing back to Slimming World
    Do you have any cous cous? Shredded cooked chicken with cous cous, fresh chopped mint, cumin, (peppers or broccoli chopped up small?), would say the obvious and make casserole using the beef or chicken, tomato beef and veg soup or chicken and veg soup? Stir fry? without knowing what other bits you have in your cupboard it's a bit tricky :) xx

4. auntynet

auntynet Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st2lb
    Current Weight:
    10st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st11lb(21.2%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    How about an Italian chicken or beef casserole (type thingy . . lol - not a specific recipe, just bung it all in and see how it comes out).

Seal the meat in a frying pan then put it in a casserole dish with whatever veg you have (I'd use onions, mushrooms, peppers, courgettes & aubergines for an italian style but any veg will do. Season with italian herb mix - basil, oregano, thyme, sage, parsley, bay leaf - cover with tinned tomatoes or passata, sprinkle in a stock cube or two and bake for about an hour - maybe a little longer. Serve with either pasta or rice and a salad. All syn free.

ETA - you could also spray WM bread slices with frylite, rub or sprinkle with garlic and dry-fry it for a garlic bread substitute.

5. bevhunter1986

Start Weight:
    12st4.6lb
    Current Weight:
    11st1.6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st4lb
    Lost(%):
    1st3lb(9.85%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Thanks ladies.

I ended up making some Chilli Tomato Chicken with pasta (lots left over for freezing too), n then some Tomato soup for tomorrows lunch. Also Ive got a beef stew/casserole in the oven for tomorrows dinner.

I had a really good week last week and after an anniversary dinner with the OH last night I am a bit worried I might put it all back on! :(

B x

6. BritMumInCanada

BritMumInCanada Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Chicken and veg stir fry (which is what I just had for dinner)

I marinated some chicken thigh in 2 tablespoons of soy sauce (1 light and 1 dark), 1 tablespoon of oyster sauce, fresh ginger, garlic, black pepper for a few hours in the fridge.

then added it all to the wok with onion, peppers and mushrooms and stirred in some cooked noodles once ready.

It was delicious and my 4 year old loved it too.

7. bevhunter1986

Start Weight:
    12st4.6lb
    Current Weight:
    11st1.6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st4lb
    Lost(%):
    1st3lb(9.85%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Mmmm mmmm as my lil boy would say :) x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.