What can I take with me / eat when out?

alexisemma31

I'm away for a few days this week - staying in a hotel in the Cotswolds (room only) for a couple of nights, then staying at sister-in-laws for a night, then camping in wales for 2 nights.

Any ideas of food items I can take with me so I don't go completely overboard.

I'm not back on the plan properly yet but want to limit the damage.

So far I've thought of

Alpen light bars
Crispbreads
Sweeteners
Fruit

Can anyone think of anything else, that would be handy to have at my disposal?

And also good ideas for choices when eating out?

alexisemma31 said:
I'm away for a few days this week - staying in a hotel in the Cotswolds (room only) for a couple of nights, then staying at sister-in-laws for a night, then camping in wales for 2 nights.

Any ideas of food items I can take with me so I don't go completely overboard.

I'm not back on the plan properly yet but want to limit the damage.

So far I've thought of

Alpen light bars
Crispbreads
Sweeteners
Fruit

Can anyone think of anything else, that would be handy to have at my disposal?

And also good ideas for choices when eating out?

Depends what plan you follow, but mug shots are good for lunch on the go-home bargains have got them in at the moment.
Eating out would all depend on what food you enjoy, what plan you follow, but things like pasta in a tomato based sauce, or grilled meat and salad, or jacket potatoes. Have a look in the eating out thread for tons of ideas
Have a lovely time-where in Wales are you going camping ?

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

mug shots are a good idea, thanks.

we're camping on the coast somewhere in west wales

I sometimes nibble on breadsticks when Im out n about theyre only 1syn per big stick and you could use the mini philedlphia tubs (2) as ur healthy extra :)

Ooo, west wales is my neck of the woods! :D

Things like pasta and sauce or savoury rice are good for camping, although it depends what cooking facilities you have for camping. You could always add things like tinned sweetcorn or other vegetables to bulk them out.

Sorry I can't be more helpful...the thought of camping fills me with dread, lol! :)

Hope you enjoy down in west wales...it's a very pretty part of the country (lots of coastal paths to walk off any syns consumed ;))

I've never been to west wales before, but really looking forward to it. We're staying inbetween Newquay and Aberystwyth I think.

Yep low fat supernoodles
cous cous
tins of tuna
pots of ambrosia low fat rice pud
treat size choc buttons for choc fix
French fries
tins of ravioli and Heinz spaghetti are either free or low syns on toast.

Couple of ideas for you :) x

alexisemma31 said:
I've never been to west wales before, but really looking forward to it. We're staying inbetween Newquay and Aberystwyth I think.

I used to live in Aberystwyth-its lovely, and better in the holidays as it's not full of students(before anyone jumps on me, I have nothing against the students-they are just very noisy and drink too much lol)

Both are lovely, but I'm biased towards Aberystwyth! (I was born there :D) Have a fab time! xx

Ooo, enjoy! Visit the harbour in Aberaeron and use any left over syns on a small tub of honey ice cream - it's divine!

Back