What can i wrap my chicken in?

Roziee

Gold Member
Hi everyone,

I want to make stuffed chicken breast however I don't eat bacon and wondering what else I could wrap it in to keep the moisture in and keep it together?

Rozie.

Sorry.. I meant I don't eat any type of bacon for religious reasons so parma ham etc wouldn't work either.

Think I'll just put it in foil hehe don't know why I didn't think of that- doh!

Sorry.. I meant I don't eat any type of bacon for religious reasons so parma ham etc wouldn't work either.

Think I'll just put it in foil hehe don't know why I didn't think of that- doh!

Yeah Id just wrap it in foil, I do that anyway, cook it covered in foil for 20min and then take the foil off to let it crisp up for 5 min.
Theres only really beef, pork and chicken that come sliced. I dont think beef would go with chicken, and chicken wrapped in, er, chicken would seem a bit pointless :D

Although you could try veg - what about wrapping it in a big cabbage leaf, Savoy or something? That could be nice. Or even banana leaf?

ooo banana leaf.. that would be nice..

Wanna make something delicious with a chicken breast but im not really a fan of breast..more of a leg/thigh girl me..

Oh no Im strictly a breast only girl :D

oh my youve got me searching chicken in banana leaf now... loooks soooo gooooood... ommmm and ommmmm and nommmmmmm, I think I am gonna have to try these! :drool:

Go with the bacofoil, that will keep it lovely & moist. If your wanting to stuff the chicken breast & scared of the filling falling out, pierce it togeather with tooth picks. You could also add sliced lemon to the foil pack or basil leafs a Bouquet Garnet is also nice. What about a clove of garlic?

Oh I always stuff mine with Feta, garlic and basil, and sometimes squeeze a little lemon over the top. I have it about once a week :drool:

ermintrude said:
Oh no Im strictly a breast only girl :D

oh my youve got me searching chicken in banana leaf now... loooks soooo gooooood... ommmm and ommmmm and nommmmmmm, I think I am gonna have to try these! :drool:

Look amazing don't they? I have some shops near me that should sell banana leave so I'll be looking into that this week..

fairy3853 said:
Go with the bacofoil, that will keep it lovely & moist. If your wanting to stuff the chicken breast & scared of the filling falling out, pierce it togeather with tooth picks. You could also add sliced lemon to the foil pack or basil leafs a Bouquet Garnet is also nice. What about a clove of garlic?

Yum... Gonna experiment with a bit of breast or two hehe

ermintrude said:
Oh I always stuff mine with Feta, garlic and basil, and sometimes squeeze a little lemon over the top. I have it about once a week :drool:

Sounds delish!

:drool: oooh this is making me hungry and i've not long had my lunch! ermintrude are there any syns in your stuffed chicken it sounds delicious.

I've been searching on line for banana leaves now, love this idea its great!

On Extra Easy/Original the Feta would be a HEXA but the rest is Free. I usually wrap it in 2 or 3 slices prosciutto though, which are half a syn each on EE/Red.

6253559746_581a3c9f42_o.jpg

6420485915_c236c96d65_o.jpg

Nice one Ermintrude!

Theyre just SW chips. Then I pour over any juice that comes off the chicken while its cooking.

Back